Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  11
Author: Subject: Venezuela?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-27-2009 at 07:43 AM

What's with the hands, Ken? Where's the Jeep?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-27-2009 at 08:04 AM

circle your calendar, all. she's scheduled to visit on the 1st. quiet on the preparations, though. I thought we'd get into more what to do, where to take her, etc, kinda like the thread on, which Nomad was it?, what to wear for his big date. you guys!
ps thanks for telling your age, Fishbuck. whew, I'm NOT old enough to be your mother, but it is fun to "mother" the men of the forums along.

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 5-27-2009 at 08:14 AM

We want pictures fish.

Lots of them. Keep camera handy...

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 5-27-2009 at 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

"The Hands" are from a CD I have called, "Cafe del Mar - Volumen Diez" - Cafe del Mar is a nightclub that plays chill-out music on the island of Ibiza off the coast of Spain. Cafe del Mar has only 1 other location - Cartegena, Colombia. Oh Yea! You go fill in the dots...:bounce:

from Wikipedia.org
Café del Mar (freely translated as "cafe by the ocean") is world famous bar located in Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza. Known for its spectacular sunsets and chill-out music, it is a popular tourist destination during the summer season. Hundreds, sometimes thousands, of tourists and locals gather in front of the café to enjoy relaxing chill-out music, while the sun slowly disappears under the horizon. Café del Mar has played a major role in the foundation of chill-out music culture.

The Café del Mar is perhaps most known around the world for its chill-out music compilations. The tracklist is carefully chosen to reflect the mood and spirit of a sunset by the ocean. The songs are described as balearic ambient, easy listening music. The collections of the music played at the café were first sold on cassette at the end of the 1980s. In 1994, the first official “Café del Mar” CD was released, which included works by world-renowned artists. Following the great success of the first release, a total of 15 volumes of the main compilation series has been published, continuing to this date. Today, Café del Mar stands as the most respected and highly imitated chill-out music compilation series, selling millions of copies around the world.

Cafe del Mar - Ibiza

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-27-2009 at 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
Hey Ken,
when you were in Columbia did you hear about Gaviotas or do you have any knowledge of Gaviotas on the llanos? I just finished the book and found it interesting.

Cuales son gaviotas? Yo fui en solamente in Barranquilla por las carnavales de Fevrero. Solo conozco la costa y nada mas. Disculpme, amigo...I mean, Nomad. :bounce:
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-27-2009 at 06:15 PM
Disculpe de nuevo, amigo..

I haven't traveled any further east than the city of Santa Marta. I'm more interested in seeing the Parque Tayrona with its Indigenous huts and the Coastal desert of La Guajira.

Parque Tayrona

La Guajira Desert

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-27-2009 at 06:47 PM

check out the song, 'Guajira" by Santana.

"vamos a bailar!"

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-27-2009 at 06:48 PM

I'll always love Baja, but lets say I was flying to La Paz - for...$400 r/t. For $100 more, I'm in Northern Colombia, and everything there is about 1/2 the price of Mexico. More bang for your vacation buck.

From Barranquilla to Santa Marta - Motorcoach w/AC $4 each way.
Santa Marta to Tayrona - $8 each way.

Fresh fish meals $5 each.

Baja prices with new atmosphere. That's what I'm talking about...
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-27-2009 at 08:37 PM

Ken

it sounds like pto escondido, oaxaca in the mid 80's. good times.

go get yours, nomad!

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 5-28-2009 at 06:13 AM

BBP went to Columbia recently on a group Cenam trip.
they all agreed Cartajena (sp?) was the cleanest well run city in centro america they'd been to in a long time. Friendly people, beautiful night life, vibrant, a pleasure to visit.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 5-28-2009 at 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
I'll always love Baja, but lets say I was flying to La Paz - for...$400 r/t. For $100 more, I'm in Northern Colombia, and everything there is about 1/2 the price of Mexico. More bang for your vacation buck.

From Barranquilla to Santa Marta - Motorcoach w/AC $4 each way.
Santa Marta to Tayrona - $8 each way.

Fresh fish meals $5 each.

Baja prices with new atmosphere. That's what I'm talking about...

And gas being less than .20 cents per gallon, a car rental should be fairly inexpensive.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-28-2009 at 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
Quote:

"The Hands" are from a CD I have called, "Cafe del Mar - Volumen Diez" - Cafe del Mar is a nightclub that plays chill-out music on the island of Ibiza off the coast of Spain. Cafe del Mar has only 1 other location - Cartegena, Colombia. Oh Yea! You go fill in the dots...:bounce:

from Wikipedia.org
Café del Mar (freely translated as "cafe by the ocean") is world famous bar located in Sant Antoni de Portmany, Ibiza. Known for its spectacular sunsets and chill-out music, it is a popular tourist destination during the summer season. Hundreds, sometimes thousands, of tourists and locals gather in front of the café to enjoy relaxing chill-out music, while the sun slowly disappears under the horizon. Café del Mar has played a major role in the foundation of chill-out music culture.

The Café del Mar is perhaps most known around the world for its chill-out music compilations. The tracklist is carefully chosen to reflect the mood and spirit of a sunset by the ocean. The songs are described as balearic ambient, easy listening music. The collections of the music played at the café were first sold on cassette at the end of the 1980s. In 1994, the first official “Café del Mar” CD was released, which included works by world-renowned artists. Following the great success of the first release, a total of 15 volumes of the main compilation series has been published, continuing to this date. Today, Café del Mar stands as the most respected and highly imitated chill-out music compilation series, selling millions of copies around the world.

Cafe del Mar - Ibiza

Spain.... music...??? Trying to figure the Baja connection for your Baja Nomad avatar... the Jeep fits you perfectly... IMO.

Thanks for the 'splanation amigo!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2009 at 07:48 PM

Quote:

Spain.... music...??? Trying to figure the Baja connection for your Baja Nomad avatar... the Jeep fits you perfectly... IMO.

Thanks for the 'splanation amigo!

Just doing different things with the avatar. The Jeep avatars have gotten real boring. I'm excited about going back to Colombia in July. I want to run with the Baja Crawlers in Tecate next month, but the sport is real expensive and I'm counting my Pesos.

Spainish music? Ever hear the Gypsy Kings' music playing in Mexico? They're very popular there in Latino circles - even in Northern Baja.

You know I love Baja, but Northern Colombia is my favorite place I've ever traveled.

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2009 at 10:12 PM

Quote:
There are good women here in America, still... FYI.:light:

David, Have you been watching Pitbull videos or something? :light:

BajaNuts
Super Nomad

Mood: no worry, no hurry....it's all good!

[*] posted on 5-30-2009 at 10:49 PM

ok, this post it totally sidetracked, not high-jacked- just side tracked.....
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2009 at 03:19 PM
back on-topic

I just received a phone call from my friends Joe and Ana-Rosa who live in Shreveport, Louisiana. This is Joe's 2nd marriage, and he reports things are much better this time around than when he was married back when he was 30.

Ana-Rosa is super-excited about being with Joe and they're now planning to have a baby!

Here is Joe and Ana-Rosa's story on YouTube
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2009 at 03:46 PM

Ken are you stateside, or in Colombia.
We missed you at the expo. Lots good vibes about you from Jean and everyone else!

[Edited on 5-31-2009 by udowinkler]

Udo

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2009 at 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by udowinkler
Ken are you stateside, or in Colombia.
We missed you at the expo. Lots good vibes about you from Jean and everyone else!

[Edited on 5-31-2009 by udowinkler]

I'm at home in Riverside, CA. I am taking on-line courses, and this weekend, the big Final paper was due. So, no Baja expo's for me, unfortunately...
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2009 at 06:00 PM

Since you are in the Riverside area, Ken, how about lunch on Wednesday next week or the week after?

Udo

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2009 at 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by udowinkler
Since you are in the Riverside area, Ken, how about lunch on Wednesday next week or the week after?

The 17th might work. I'm working like loco at the moment - weekends are better, or maybe later in the summer, like July...
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.