Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 6-26-2009 at 11:34 PM
Hotwire.com or Expedia.com

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck
:lol:

I paid $575 r/t from LAX. Prices were lower, but Mom kept dragging her feet on buying her ticket. We would have paid $505 a piece had we bought when I was ready.

3.5 star hotel = $35/night.

I will be visiting Leidys later on this summer.:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2009 at 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNuts

Ever heard of e-harmony or the likes? MANY people are using it as a tool, just like realtors are tools for finding things.

I tried eHarmony. Bad news.

The whole point, is you want a nice, Latina for a wife.
When it is time to cross the border, and visit Baja, who is more likely to be 100% for a trip south...A scared Gringa, or a woman who grew up in the Mundo Latino that wants to see another part of Latin America? Hmmm. No brainer.

I did a ton of soul-searching last summer when Maria discovered that I was being lied to by my previous gf in Barranquilla. Maria explained to me that I should meet another "Chica", but I was against it. I decided to be friends with my fiancée Leidys at first. After getting to know her real well, I realized I hit the jackpot. Now, my Spanish is better than most peoples since I get 8 hrs. practice per week. Maria did a great job advising me on how to spend my week in Barranquilla last summer. I was this close to returning home, not taking advantage of the abundance of available Latin women in Barranquilla - where the ratio of women to men is three to one!!
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2009 at 11:55 PM
Beatdown!

Azaias and I had to "Take care" of a "Purse bandito" who crossed our paths last summer inside of the Caribbean Gold Hotel on Murillo Blvd. in Barranquilla.

Besides Baja, you'll find the people of Northern Colombia are very friendly. So much so, that when I asked Leidys out for a date while using a rented Cell phone across the street from the hotel, some guys were passing around a bottle of Aguardiente. I asked to take a swig since I just apprehended a thief inside of the hotel and got dropped by my old girlfriend Onelis.

Me and the ex-gf Onelis: (wearing my Tijuana baseball cap & Puerto Peñasco t-shirt!)

After a few shots, I went inside of the Pool Hall, shot some rounds with the guys, drank some Aguila beers, and had a great time.

Caribbean Gold Hotel -- Murillo Blvd. Barranquilla (street under construction)

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 6-27-2009 at 01:10 AM

You've had some great experiences Ken.
But ya, I kinda figured out that I'm not going to find a girl that wants to be the Queen of castle at my San Quintin place here in Orange County.
Hell girls here won't even look at you if you not driving a Ferari.
So I tried TJ thinking hey she's already here in Baja. But somehow TJ isn't Baja.
And the selection gets a little thin the farther south you go in Baja.
All the girls in the pictures look good. My favorite is second from bottom in the big line-up. Or the cute girl with the braces in the first group.
But they all do.;)

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2009 at 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck
You've had some great experiences Ken.
But ya, I kinda figured out that I'm not going to find a girl that wants to be the Queen of castle at my San Quintin place here in Orange County.
Hell girls here won't even look at you if you not driving a Ferari.
So I tried TJ thinking hey she's already here in Baja. But somehow TJ isn't Baja.
And the selection gets a little thin the farther south you go in Baja.
All the girls in the pictures look good. My favorite is second from bottom in the big line-up. Or the cute girl with the braces in the first group.
But they all do.;)

My advice is to stick with a woman who is more experienced, and tired of the city life. Younger women from Barranquilla haven't had enough fun yet, and won't be satisfied going to San Quintin on their weekends. They'll be more inclined to you taking them to Los Angeles night clubs instead. A more experienced woman will have already outgrown this and will be looking to solitude (more than likely). Its best to talk with each woman on Maria's list to see what her idea of fun and adventure are.

The biggest religion in South America is Catholicism -- The biggest religion in Orange County is Materialism. Here in Riverside County much less so, but those certain comments about "the ring" and "the house" I have heard from women I know getting engaged made me real cautious since never have I heard about the Fiances inner beauty or strengths. These guys had better look out since my divorce was not cheap! Hey, once a spoiled brat, always spoiled rotten! :!:

But, I have had some adventures at 40 that will carry me through old age with lots of smiles and laughter. I will never forget this chapter in my life.

Here's Leidys getting off of her Moto Taxi, getting ready to go on our date last July.

In Downtown Barranquilla after going shopping during a rain storm.

Getting ready for an early dinner at my favorite restaurant in Barranquilla -- Farah's Arabic Kitchen :bounce:

Since I love Latin music, hearing live Cumbias in their birthplace was real special to me.

Here is a funny look at Colombian life through...a ketchup commercial! The people of Colombia come in every color of the world as shown in this commercial.

[Edited on 6-27-2009 by Ken Cooke]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2009 at 08:06 AM

This is starting to look like a pandering commercial and those kid's pictures up there should be removed.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2009 at 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
This is starting to look like a pandering commercial and those kid's pictures up there should be removed.

In Barranquilla, the women look younger, because they take such good care of themselves. Not many Gorditas con exceso de pesa walking around. In fact, if you are much larger than a size 6, you can't find a job in most places.

The Cartegena Beauty Boat Parade!! WOW!

Kids on a boat. :lol::lol:

[Edited on 6-27-2009 by Ken Cooke]
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2009 at 08:18 AM
Miss World COLOMBIA!!

Here's the real news, pilfered from Barranquilla's El Heraldo Newspaper on-line. :o:light::bounce:

En acto realizado en la noche del jueves en el Hotel Dann Carlton fueron escogidas las representantes de la Zona Norte que irán por el título Miss Mundo Colombia que se celebrará en agosto en Bogotá.

Ellas son Diana Freyle, participará por Guajira; Shirly Campillo, Bolívar; Jocelyn Gómez, Cesar; Andrea Acosta, Magdalena; Karen Arroyo, Barranquilla; Kimberly Reyes, Atlántico, quien también fue escogida como la candidata con el rostro más bello y el mejor cabello.

Todas las concursantes desfilaron en trajes de baño, vestidos cortos uniformes y por último de gala. El certamen contó con la presencia del presidente nacional de Miss Mundo Colombia, Édgard Botero, y su esposa Katherin Prieto, así como también del comité Zona Norte que se encargó de seleccionar a las participantes que lograron llegar a la noche final.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2009 at 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
Maria's Facebook page is bursting with Latinas!!

And, the top two are just good photography and well-preserved women?
I call boolchit on that, Ken. These are kids playing dress-up for daddy, and you know it.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2009 at 08:26 AM
Call Maria for more info: 1 305 897 1052

Quote:
Quote:
Maria's Facebook page is bursting with Latinas!!

And, the top two are just good photography and well-preserved women?
I call boolchit on that, Ken. These are kids playing dress-up for daddy, and you know it.

I'll get their ages if you're interested...
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 6-27-2009 at 08:40 AM
Satisfied Couples in Barranquilla! Maria has kept herself BUSY!

This guy kinda resembles Fishbuck. We gotta get him down to Colombia soon!!

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2009 at 08:44 AM
Otros selecciones por la agencia de Maria! Fishbuck, R U taking notes??

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2009 at 08:49 AM
Maria Bueno - Overseas Match Makers

Maria Bueno -- Overseas Match Makers, Barranquilla, Colombia

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Barranquilla-Colombia/OVERSEAS...

Barranquilla, Colombia

Phone:
1 305 897 1052 / 011 57 312 671 3762

Mon - Sun:
8:00 am - 9:30 pm

My Site
www.findalatinwife.com/
This is my site
Etiquetas: find a latin wife, meet colombian women

Find a Latin Wife
findalatina.1.forumer.com/index.php?act=idx
Hello Join our support forum
Etiquetas: barranquilla, single women, find a latin wife

NING NETWORK
findalatinwife.ning.com/
This is my network please join

Etiquetas: single women, Barranquilla

Find us
maps.google.com/maps/user?uid=11312779928294200458...
Barranquilla Hotel locations, our location,restaurants and more
Etiquetas: Google map, barranquilla

PL
www.planet-love.com/forum/index.php
Great place to find all the information you need
Etiquetas: Support forum, barranquilla, single women

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2009 at 08:50 AM

Quote:

So did Heide Fleiss till they came down on here.

I do like the portrait of Fishbuck and Carmen Miranda.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2009 at 08:57 AM

Quote:
Quote:

I'm waiting to see pictures of Fishbuck in Baja with a nice Latina at his side. Maria will help Fishbuck realize his dream. Maria always tells the Caballeros to focus on the things in common and not looks or youthfulness. Barranquilla happens to have the most beautiful women in the world, and Maria is fortunate to have her agency based in that city. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Fishbuck starts corresponding with one of the wonderful women on Maria's Agency list, and it goes from there.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2009 at 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajack
So uncle ***, now that you're Online Pimping for Maria or whatever how much cut do you get.

Tom? Ken. I promised Maria that I would help her promote her business from the US. She helped me BIGTIME last summer when she took a trip to the Los Cedros barrio in Barranquilla for me. For her help, I am completely indebted to her. She is super cool for having going to Los Cedros Barrio on my behalf. MARIA! MARIA! MARIA! MARIA!!!!

[Edited on 6-27-2009 by BajaNomad]
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 6-27-2009 at 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajack
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm waiting to see pictures of Fishbuck in Baja with a nice Latina at his side. Maria will help Fishbuck realize his dream. Maria always tells the Caballeros to focus on the things in common and not looks or youthfulness. Barranquilla happens to have the most beautiful women in the world, and Maria is fortunate to have her agency based in that city. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Fishbuck starts corresponding with one of the wonderful women on Maria's Agency list, and it goes from there.
So uncle ***, now that you're Online Pimping for Maria or whatever how much cut do you get.

All the smiley faces in the world won't make an inappropriate remark ok. You owe us all an apology jack, especially to Ken who showed remarkable restraint....good for you Ken.....dt

[Edited on 6-27-2009 by BajaNomad]

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-27-2009 at 02:28 PM

While some people like to "Doom" threads, I just ignore them and their negativity. The anonymity of the Internet can be either a blessing or a threat. I have nothing to hide - I use my actual name and city as a matter of fact. Anyone can make up a screen name like 'Baja Jack'. I'll just leave it at that...
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 7-5-2009 at 10:53 PM
New women on Maria's Facebook site

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2009 at 11:14 PM
I'm Back From Barranquilla

Fishbuck, you will feel so comfortable there. This time around, I saw scores of Americanos all over the North side of town (where the prosperous frollick). They mainly stayed at the Hotel Dann Carlton across the street from the slick Buena Vista mall. I believe there was a large church-based charity that is stationed there at the moment. But, the big news is how an American military base is slated to open in Barranquilla....soon. Not sure how soon, soon will be, but the Gringos are definitely coming - which will provide a serious boost for the Barranquilla economy. My Mother was surprised that 2 million people actually live there. That's the same size as Los Angeles, but in a much smaller location.

I met with Maria last night, and Maria was introduced to my gf and my Mother. We talked a couple of hours about Maria's life here in the Inland Empire, Gringos moving into Barranquilla, and I also fielded a concern by fellow Nomad, The Gull about the age of Maria's clientèle. The youngest women Maria allows on her roster is 20, and currently her youngest client is 23. So, Mr. Gull...Maria answered your question and fielded your concern.

Originally, I wanted to take my Mother to Baja. But, she doesn't feel safe there enough to travel. The last couple of times I drove my Jeep through San Quintin and Mexicali, I've had to deal with the police wanting to find ways of stealing my Baja Expedition Trail vehicle. So, Baja was immediately out.

The 3 cities of Barranquilla, Cartagena and Santa Marta are my favorite places besides San Felipe, Tallinn, and Miami. I have lots more to report, but I feel you will enjoy yourself in Barranquilla, and meeting Maria will rank right up there with heading down to San Quintin for a deep sea fishing trip! :bounce:

Pages:  1  ..  8    10  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.