Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  11
Author: Subject: Venezuela?
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 5-20-2009 at 07:39 PM

I think we're about ready for a "DEAR ABBY" forum.
:biggrin::biggrin:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2009 at 08:08 PM

No, no. no! Que loco eres! Y por que! Sabes que va a pasar! Es obvio. Evidente ella no puede encuentrar un hombre ahi? Ella es muy falsa y tan rapido? Y por que, si se puedes disfrutar una bonita mas circa, mas tranquila, mas ranchera, una Pacena o de Aguas Caliente o otra partes como una hija de pescaderos. Ya Fishbuck deja ella por que no es Mexicana verdad como te gustas, ya. Por emplo ella no puede hacer tortillas, tamales, chiliquiles y cafe como te gustas, como mujere. Que estas piensando? Eres de aqui. No vas lococito nino. Mejore traquilo aqui, Cuidate mucho

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 5-20-2009 at 08:14 PM

Alomejor ella puede hacer Arepas. Esas son mejor que tamales. Y seguramente, allacas son mejor que tamales tambiem.
Fishbuck, es mejor si manejas el carro para Valencia. Es como una hora y media.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 5-20-2009 at 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck
I'm having some cold feet about this.

It's very difficult for me to plan out the transportation issues from here.
I'm stuck with the commuter plane to Valencia.
I arrive at 6:30am and the only flight I could find is in the evening. Maybe there are others but I can't find any reliable info.
I made a car reservation. So maybe I can try and find the right flights to and from Valencia and if I do I skip the car. Or just drive the car.
It's about 70 miles to Valencia and another 20 miles to Puerto Ceballo. That's where I plan to meet up with here and then to the beach.
This is doable. All I need to do is show up at TJ airport on Friday and get on the plane. I didn't buy the ticket yet but still can.
I called her tonight. She can hear me perfectly but her words are cut short a little so I can't really understand. She speaks spanish too.
I read my spanish off my computer and then send her a copy by email.
I told her I was a little nervous and maybe we should wait until we know each other a little better.
I'm waiting for her response.
The other snag on the travel plan is that the return flight keeps me at the terminal in Mexico City for 8+ hours for the connecting flight. Ouch!
But I think I may jump into a cab and find a hotel with a pool to hang out at for the day.
Anybody know a nice hotel in Mex City with a nice pool/bar?

You can hire a car from the airport to take you straight to where she is at for not a lot of money. I have been there many times and left a few girlfriends along the way. For some reason I found that the region around Valencia - Maracay - San Carlos to be absolutely overloaded with gorgeous women.

Memories...

:rolleyes:
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2009 at 08:30 PM

Buck-

Would it be cheaper to look on Craigslist?:biggrin:

bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2009 at 08:47 PM

Mike,
I am impresssed with your public expression of your bachelorhood. If it works for you, good on you mate.

I have few rules for my soltero lifestyle, but, one of them is the 2 hour drive rule. I have stretched this due to border wait times since moving here.

That rule can be eliminated by the "she pilots a private jet" rule, but I haven't had the chance to play that one as of this writing. You pilots know better than me.

I'm favoring Ensenada singles scene vs. U.S. It's especially good now, unfortunately, due to a very dismal business climate here.

Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 5-20-2009 at 08:48 PM
"Porque no te Callas?"

As the King of Spain said to Hugo Chavez at the Summit. (Sorry, don't remember which summit and I am too lazy to look up the alt codes for the upside down diacritical, yes this is for you, Oso!)

My husband loved that comment so much that he made it his ring tone.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 5-20-2009 at 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot
She reminds me of my old friend Emersom.......Emersom Biggens.:bounce::bounce::bounce:....dt

ps: I checked with Jill, she said "go ahead and go"......

Reminded me of my old friend Tina Boom Boom.:wow:

ps: I wouldn't even bother asking Simone :rolleyes::saint::rolleyes:

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 5-20-2009 at 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Mike... have you talked with Ken Cooke for any insight? Ken is 'dating' a gal in Colombia (after Peru and Colombia #1 didn't work out)...

[Edited on 5-20-2009 by David K]

I'm not one to give up. hehehe!!:bounce:

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2009 at 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck
I'm having some cold feet about this.

It's very difficult for me to plan out the transportation issues from here.
I'm stuck with the commuter plane to Valencia.
I arrive at 6:30am and the only flight I could find is in the evening. Maybe there are others but I can't find any reliable info.
I made a car reservation. So maybe I can try and find the right flights to and from Valencia and if I do I skip the car. Or just drive the car.
It's about 70 miles to Valencia and another 20 miles to Puerto Ceballo. That's where I plan to meet up with here and then to the beach.
This is doable. All I need to do is show up at TJ airport on Friday and get on the plane. I didn't buy the ticket yet but still can.
I called her tonight. She can hear me perfectly but her words are cut short a little so I can't really understand. She speaks spanish too.
I read my spanish off my computer and then send her a copy by email.
I told her I was a little nervous and maybe we should wait until we know each other a little better.
I'm waiting for her response.
The other snag on the travel plan is that the return flight keeps me at the terminal in Mexico City for 8+ hours for the connecting flight. Ouch!
But I think I may jump into a cab and find a hotel with a pool to hang out at for the day.
Anybody know a nice hotel in Mex City with a nice pool/bar?

Fishbuck,

You gotta provide some particulars. I have learned plenty about South American women since my divorce. Where did you meet this woman? On an Agency website? Did you ask her what her motives are? Will you be hiring a translator? I agree that South American Spanish (or Castellano) sounds dramatically different. You'll get used to the dialect in time.

Just take your time and don't rush into marriage or anything with her. Get to know who she really is, and spend some time in her community before getting serious about anything. Also, watch for the story about $needing money$ because this will come up. If she asks you for money, tell her your friend Ken Cooke told you to say, "No".

My gf Leidys has cousins in Caracas, and she wants to visit there sometime soon. I know a guy through JustRuns 4WD club in San Diego who has a gf from Caracas as well. She's very nice/sincere and they've lived together in San Diego for the past couple of years. I can get you his contact info - his gf will give you her opinion. I also have a translator in Barranquilla, Colombia who can call the girl for you and ask her some questions to feel out if she's sincere or not. The main point I want you to be aware of is to be careful and not gullible or anything.

I know several attractive, eligible American women, but I'm a one Leidys man!LOL

Here's my travel advice:

Don't rent a car - travel light, appear humble/independent.
Practice your Spanish before leaving.
Buy a LONELY PLANET GUIDEBOOK before leaving.
Pack a pocket-sized dictionary before leaving.
Hire a translator/guard - los sequestros operate in Venezuela.
Don't take gifts - just show up for dinner and dancing.
Watch your back. Not many Gringos in that part of the world.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 5-20-2009 at 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Buck-

Would it be cheaper to look on Craigslist?:biggrin:

That's my joke about why I can't get a date with a goodlooking SoCal girl. They are all in Craigslist for about $300+/hour.:no:

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

exclamation.gif posted on 5-20-2009 at 09:54 PM
Stay away from Craigslist

Contrary to DavidK's advice, you can meet sincere women in South America, but many are opportunistic - seeking a way to get themselves and their boyfriends out of their home countries. Just stay on the alert, because you need to know this.

When I met Leidys, I was EXTREMELY CAUTIOUS. With American women, I'm even more cautious - I just don't trust them.

In February, I visited my gf Leidys and met her father Raul and the rest of her family. The tall, attractive cousin is available, btw. :bounce::light:

Leidys w/her father Raul - Great People

Leidys' cousins

Hotel staff at Caribbean Gold-Barranquilla

Chilling w/my South American queen

Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2009 at 09:59 PM

Beauty is as Beauty does.

That's just one of the laws of nature.
As I told a dear friend just today,
life reflects back at us just like a mirror.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2009 at 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mulegena
Beauty is as Beauty does.

That's just one of the laws of nature.
As I told a dear friend just today,
life reflects back at us just like a mirror.

:bounce::bounce:I feel an adventure getting ready to take place!:bounce::bounce:

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-20-2009 at 10:07 PM

Ken posted:
"Stay away from Craigslist
Contrary to DavidK's advice, you can meet sincere women in South America, but many are opportunistic - seeking a way to get themselves and their boyfriends out of their home countries."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just to be clear... I didn't advise using Craigslist... I only said to consult Ken for advice and Lizard Lips for procedures, as he is a frequent traveler to the area.

My opinion is that there are plenty of good women in America (that's the U.S. of America) and traveling international only to find a wife is not necessary and may be dangerous, if not just plain expensive.

None the less, enjoy life and be safe!

[Edited on 5-21-2009 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2009 at 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Just to be clear... I didn't advise using Craigslist... I only said to consult Ken for advice and Lizard Lips for procedures, as he is a frequent traveler to the area.

My opinion is that there are plenty of good women in America (that's the U.S. of America) and traveling international only to find a wife is not necessary and may be dangerous, if not just plain expensive.

None the less, enjoy life and be safe!

There are good women in America as long as you don't marry one. My divorce cost me in the low six figures. :!:

If I didn't have my Spanish-language skills, I wouldn't consider marrying an Americana. Check out http://www.NOMARRIAGE.com and read why.

Craigslist? Proceed with extreme caution, there. :!:

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2009 at 10:19 PM
Exerpt taken from www.NOMARRIAGE.com

Only marry foreign women.
"Now you understand why US men prefer foreign born women: THEY TREAT US BETTER, RESPECT US, APPRECIATE THAT AFFECTION WE SHOW THEM, AND ACKNOWLEDGE OUR EFFORTS TO PROVIDE A BETTER LIFE."

A huge percentage of American women are selfish, flighty, insecure, needy and psychotic, and quite capable of concealing those traits during the dating phase

White 'career' American chicks are the bottom of the barrel marriage-wise.

Foreign women from South America, Eastern Europe, and Asia are at the top. Only guys who travel (in other words, guys who are successful and ambitious enough to travel a lot) find these. But they never, ever go back.

Foreign-born women living in the US are the next best. They get married early...they are highly sought-after by American guys for their wifely skills (hell, any women who has ANY ability to be a wife is better than your average American chick, who knows NOTHING about being a wife)

Bottom of the barrel---white American chicks. Yecch.

Here's a story: I knew a guy who was Hungarian (parents emigrated) who tried for 15 years to find a half-decent women to marry. He's a doctor, by the way. Finally after 8 psycho-weirdo US chicks, he went back to the 'old country' to find a wife. The people there were lining the women up for him to meet...he's a rich American guy...they are considered the best husbands in the world.

He found this lovely wife. She is a total gem, and he's happy as hell. 2 kids. Happily ever after.

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 5-20-2009 at 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
No, no. no! Que loco eres! Y por que! Sabes que va a pasar! Es obvio. Evidente ella no puede encuentrar un hombre ahi? Ella es muy falsa y tan rapido? Y por que, si se puedes disfrutar una bonita mas circa, mas tranquila, mas ranchera, una Pacena o de Aguas Caliente o otra partes como una hija de pescaderos. Ya Fishbuck deja ella por que no es Mexicana verdad como te gustas, ya. Por emplo ella no puede hacer tortillas, tamales, chiliquiles y cafe como te gustas, como mujere. Que estas piensando? Eres de aqui. No vas lococito nino. Mejore traquilo aqui, Cuidate mucho

¡Sí es verdad! Pero si yo la podría encontrar aquí tendría ya. Y he estado mirando mucho!

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2009 at 11:10 PM

Upon closer look, I'm glad I treat my woman better than I treat my cars. Be a man.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2009 at 11:31 PM

No comment, other than to thank you guys for the fun read.:spingrin:
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.