Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  11
Author: Subject: Venezuela?
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 5-21-2009 at 07:35 PM

Okay, I procrastinated long enough that the ticket price doubled. I decided this morning not to go anyway.
I sent her a nice email explaining my indicision and she sent one very nice and understanding.
I kind of lost my head a little about her.

But I was thinking that I wouldn't drive to TJ to see her based on how much I know about her. Which is nothing.
She gave me her full name and Venzuela ID number so I guess I could check her out somehow.
Well, I guess I would drive to TJ because I always have a back-up plan there... and Ensenada too.
So I'm waiting for another email from her.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 5-21-2009 at 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
Fish, I know the woman in the picture. I spent some time with her in New Orleans. I think I remember seeing the setting, the shot, backround while we were together there. Don't remember her name. Everybody just called her "The Big Easy".

Now, now Fishhawk,
with that kind of talk you may give a "Nice" girl a bad name.:biggrin:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2009 at 07:44 PM

Quote:
Everybody just called her "The Big Easy".

Details, please.
Bajajack
Banned

[*] posted on 5-21-2009 at 07:50 PM

Fishbuck, you might take this into consideration, if you get one and take her to an area where she can't visit the Familia at least once a month and every Major Holiday you're in for a surprise, you will be living with a Viscious Whiner that will surely make life miserable for you.

\"take what you can, give nothing back!\"

We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.\'

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

We can have no \"50-50\" allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all.

Theodore Roosevelt
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 5-21-2009 at 08:31 PM
Colombia

My vote is for Fishbuck to travel to Barranquilla. I'm there the last half of July, and I'll have his back.

Why not an American Girl?

I've met plenty of American women lately - half a dozen, and I just don't trust them. They're all great-looking, but I'm better off alone. :!: With my Jeep and 2 Chihuahuas - and house, too. :!::!:

In Colombian culture, the house belongs to the man. :!:

I'm not crazy tradition with gender roles. I just want a woman that is willing to work with me, because I sure want to work with her - and keep her happy to be with me. With my Father's recent passing, I have had plenty of time visiting with women in the local area, talking about things, catching up, etc. The trash they talk about all of the men in their lives makes you stop and wonder. Are men really that terrible, or has society messed things up for us Gen-X guys. Hmm. Makes you stop and ask that question.

Most of the marrieds on Baja Nomad are my parents age, and they married before the Sexual revolution. I am looking to have a family with a nice woman who I can trust building something with. Feminism makes me real uncomfortable since it looks to destroy male/female relationships with 30-40 year old arguments that seldom hold water today. My fiancee detests Feminist thinking, and is strictly Christian/Traditional - something I can certainly live with. :!:

As far as Colombia goes, I'm hoping Fishbuck rolls with me. Leidys and I will look out for him. My Mom will be there, we'll have a good translator at his side, and he has nothing to lose except for a little Baja money and some time with a few Costenas...

Me w/Leidys in July '08

Me w/Maria Jose the translator

bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 5-21-2009 at 09:10 PM

Quote:

She gave me her full name and Venzuela ID number so I guess I could check her out somehow.

How on earth can you get info about her from a "Venezuelan ID number?" Heck, she could have given you her mom's---or even her daughter's--number, if such a thing works. How would you know? You're wise to cancel, or at least postpone, pending the proverbial further developments.

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2009 at 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
My vote is for Fishbuck to travel to Barranquilla. I'm there the last half of July, and I'll have his back.

Why not an American Girl?

I've met plenty of American women lately - half a dozen, and I just don't trust them. They're all great-looking, but I'm better off alone. :!: With my Jeep and 2 Chihuahuas - and house, too. :!::!:

In Colombian culture, the house belongs to the man. :!:

I'm not crazy tradition with gender roles. I just want a woman that is willing to work with me, because I sure want to work with her - and keep her happy to be with me. With my Father's recent passing, I have had plenty of time visiting with women in the local area, talking about things, catching up, etc. The trash they talk about all of the men in their lives makes you stop and wonder. Are men really that terrible, or has society messed things up for us Gen-X guys. Hmm. Makes you stop and ask that question.

Most of the marrieds on Baja Nomad are my parents age, and they married before the Sexual revolution. I am looking to have a family with a nice woman who I can trust building something with. Feminism makes me real uncomfortable since it looks to destroy male/female relationships with 30-40 year old arguments that seldom hold water today. My fiancee detests Feminist thinking, and is strictly Christian/Traditional - something I can certainly live with. :!:

As far as Colombia goes, I'm hoping Fishbuck rolls with me. Leidys and I will look out for him. My Mom will be there, we'll have a good translator at his side, and he has nothing to lose except for a little Baja money and some time with a few Costenas...

Me w/Leidys in July '08

Me w/Maria Jose the translator

I'm assuming that you're going to move to Columbia? I mean, if Leidys comes to the USA she'll morph. So I assuming, in order to keep her in a third world mentality, you might want to keep her in a third world.

And for the record, I'm 41 and have the best wife a man could have. Ken, I hate to say it but it's probably you and not the women. Just my observation.

Zac

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2009 at 09:30 PM

You're right. I think its' me. :bounce:

As for moving to ColOmbia, its cheaper to visit than to own there.

A person changing is unavoidable. That's what I keep telling Leidys. Everyone constructs their own reality. As for me, I've become addicted to Colombia over Baja. The food, the music, the action is incredible there. I'll always love Mexico, but Colombia is so intense - there's no other way of describing it.

Santa Marta, Colombia

BajaNuts
Super Nomad

Mood: no worry, no hurry....it's all good!

[*] posted on 5-21-2009 at 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Everybody just called her "The Big Easy".

Details, please.

OFF-TOPICS OR PRIVATE U2U PU-LEEEZ!!!!

There are LADIES around here!:dudette:
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2009 at 09:52 PM

The world-famous DJ Erick Morillo was born in Santa Marta, Colombia, btw...

[img]http://media.timeoutnewyork.com/resizeImage/htdocs/export_images/633/633.x600.clubs.op.jpg?[/img]

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2009 at 10:11 PM

I'm looking into my crystal ball of Fishbucks future.... wwwww

The joy of dating someone you can't understand is fantastic, you decide, she can never insult you jaja you don't understand a thing she says. You overlook the all fights as obviously a simple misunderstanding. The cultural differences are always so 'cute' and so 'interesting', its exciting.

You like lightly grilled filet fish, she uses the whole bottle to fry it whole in a pan jaja so cute, you like medium rare steak she likes to cook it for a few hours (still not too bad). You like japanese rice and chinese too and she makes it the way her mom did with a whole stick of butter and just a little oil served room temperture.

You need to get up and go on the weekends, she needs a little bit longer, say til about 2pm to get ready. She wants to spend every Sunday with the family and usually most of the week too, you'd prefer to visit once a year. She is feisty, sometimes violent. You think her spirit is cute. It was probably a misunderstanding anyway.

You like to eat breakfast at 7 am. She likes it at 10:00. You have lunch at 11:30am. She likes it anytime between 2-4pm. You normally have dinner around 6pm, she is ready at 10pm. You find yourself eating 6 meals a day to cope. You are getting fat. You were never fat.

She would like to have a new car and go shopping? You say what would you like from the corner store, her eyes open wide and she thinks for a while... Hmmm, a while more, dulces, 2 liter cokes and chips and some ice cream? hmmm.

You say you are going to a class reunion to meet old friends, she asks if any old girl friends will be there. Of course you say, they are my friends. She acts angry. Problems come up, you ignore them, it'll work out. When you come home you fall asleep and find her beating you on the head in the night. Must be a misunderstanding.

You say 'we need to watch the budget', she spends and spends and spends every penny she can find and asks for more to go shopping for things you both really need, she comes back with 3 hundred dollars worth of plastic chachkas to decorate the house. She puts the chachkas on every surface.

You ask her if perhaps the meals could have less oil and fat to help watch both your diets, she says of course and finds a deal on small containers of ice cream instead of big ones so she buys a dozen. You say you are really worried about the diet, you've gained 15lbs since you started dating and the amount of money you are spending is too much, she says don't worry about it. You worry about it, she says don't worry, nothing is going happen (no te preocupes no pasa nada). She keeps saying this?

You like toast in the morning, she knows this and buys bimbo pre-toasted bread as a special treat. How cute. She says she needs more money. You ask her to make a budget of what she needs and you can talk about it. You give her your computer and say she can use excel or word either is fine. You come back to find she can use excel and word just fine and she shows you charts and graphs, her budget needs are about $1000/week for things she needs, $1000/discretionary, $1000/week for things for the house, $1000/week for necessities and she needs $5000 to bring her family on a vacation.

You explain that its a lot of money $12,000/month plus the $5,000 for her families vacation, more than you can afford and that really things are getting out of hand with the money and food and the house and the daily schedule isn't working and that you both need to work together to reduce costs. She smashes the computer on the ground and locks herself in the room.

You tell yourself with patience it'll all work out, you are just beginning to understand some of things she says and things are getting better. She yells through the door that she just bought the tickets-you are going on vacation with her family to disneyland.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2009 at 10:24 PM

Wow. Didn't want to get into this until I read so many folks having a problem with the authenticity of the photo. But, I see tranny. Buena suerte fishy.

[Edited on 5-22-2009 by Bajahowodd]
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 5-21-2009 at 11:17 PM

Here is a fresh photo that I took today. Nothing special but new:

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2009 at 11:22 PM

Long lost twins???
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 5-22-2009 at 06:06 AM

what is this place.......... a lonely hearts club site??!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2009 at 07:37 AM

did you run La Jolla Half Marathon or get that shirt from one of your chickens?

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 5-22-2009 at 07:53 AM

gnukid nailed it......dt

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-22-2009 at 08:24 AM

Fishbuck, why not travel with Ken to Columbia, in July? You will be going with a Nomad amigo who speaks Spanish. Ken is big enough to pass as a bodygaurd, and knows where the 'chicas simpaticas' are located. I think you will be safe and have a rocking good time!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 5-22-2009 at 08:27 AM

Hey, Ken...
That's great Colombian music. Sounds a lot like Venezuelan Criollo.
You woke up that part of my missing music collection, and I'll have to spend a few bucks on Itunes now.
Thanks!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

tjBill
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2009 at 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke

Wow, Ken that's really nice to offer to show Fishbuck Colombia.

I've been to both Venezulea and Colombia and nothing can compare to Colombia. Colombia's love Americans and, well, there's a real shortage of foreigners in Colombia. ;D
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.