Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Temperatures
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2004 at 07:07 PM
Temperatures

For those of you unfamiliar with the "other coast" of Baja California, Sea of Cortez side, I just looked at my thermometer. The highest in the last year on my shaded patio was 116 det F. The lowest 41 deg F, and there were more days in the 40's than in the 110's. Right now 705p it's 94.7 deg F on the patio and 34 deg F in my Igloo Ultra cooler.

:biggrin::biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 6-14-2004 at 07:35 PM
and the humidity...???

we had a truck racer die just north of San Felipe in the 500, some years ago from the heat and the humidity in June....

Baja Arriba!!
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2004 at 07:49 PM
Humidity

My wife, who hates humidity even more than high temperatures says "so far ain't bad". A little today but last serveral days were very dry. Part of July - August - 1st half Sept. Yeah much humidity.

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2004 at 08:09 PM
You could always...

sleep n your igloo ice chest!!:biggrin:
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2004 at 07:36 AM

When the humidity is just right you can keep your cigars outside of the humidor! :bounce:
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2004 at 12:20 PM
Remember

The one thing to really remember here in the summer is to NOT spend the day out in the sun digging ditches. If you must dig them, do it after sundown.

The ice in the Igloo is now 33 deg F. 88 deg F on the patio - canb't feel any humidity and about 4-5 mph breeze. How can it be any better that that?

:biggrin::biggrin:

No Bad Days

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2004 at 12:45 PM
I'll be right over

I wish !:lol:
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2004 at 01:07 PM
Poor Babies!!

Oh me! Oh my !

Comeon you Baja Nomads a little heat is good for you.

Virginia and I lived 18 years in Loreto, never with AC.
We lived in Hectors Rental for a year and then move on to the Beach at Rancho Sonrisa. We had 67 windows{open most of the time} with 6 Chinese Fans{purchased in La Paz for $13 Each}
We kept accurate records for a Number of years and the very Low was 48 the High at 105 on the Day of the last "Whip Storm" that hit Loreto.
We had tohave a Heater in the Winter as the Wind off of the Water dropped the Temp. to feeling like 32 at times.

However when you moved back away from the Beach several Hundred Yards the Temp would go to 120.

Moral of this Story:If you are unable to be on the Beach.Go back a few Hundred Yards and bulid a 2 story Palapa.You will be up High enough to catch the Wind.

I have one last Lot in Loreto that would be ideal for that type of Structure.

Skeet/Loreto

"In God I Trust"
Heather
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2004 at 01:20 PM

You sound like my husband, he's always got some ditch to dig down in Cabo. It may be putting up a fence, digging a hole for the tina, throwing dirt up where it got washed down in the rain, or whatever! You're right though, in the summer it's gotta be done before 9am or after 6pm! H.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2004 at 01:37 PM

...and while you're waiting for the sun to go down, sip a few ice cold cervezas, ok?
Bob H
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 6-15-2004 at 03:13 PM

Hmmmm......maybe I'll move to San Felipe--good way to get out of working all day--up here in San Clemente it 75 degrees--no excuses--got to work:(
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2004 at 03:35 PM
88 deg F

Gotta tell ya Steve, it's really pretty nice here right now.

No Bad Days

Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 6-15-2004 at 06:20 PM

Any work for gringos there Lou?....sounds appealling!
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2004 at 06:38 PM

There is a construction boom going on here like you wouldn't beleive. Importing workers from Sonora as can't find nearly enough for all that's going on. Putting in a golf course and don't know what all else. Many of the campos around here are being sub-divided and some pretty big homes are being built. A couple of golf course/beach front lots sold here a short whild back for about $445,000 each and the cheapest one in that area is $102,000 (that's US Dollars) lot only.

Course you probably don't want to mix cement and plaster. But some gringo's have come down and set up companies that oversee the local contracters as some are much better than others but almost all need some oversite. People soon learn that they must be here while the construction is going on or hire a overseer to make sure it's all done right.

Other than that, working in the ice house pays more than pumping gas my friends tell me.

And I leave my doors open all the time unless I go to the Old Country. Feel very safe and secure here.

And 10 minutes from Valle Chico and the canyons of the Sierra San Pedro Matir.

Come on down.

No Bad Days

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.