BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Awesome Lumber Yard in Maneadero (for those heading south)
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 07:44 AM
Awesome Lumber Yard in Maneadero (for those heading south)

I wanted to pass on some info that might help those who are building down south. 4baja pointed me in the right direction on finding this place and after some legwork in finding their contact info, it was a great find!

The lumberyard is "Los Flemate" and is affiliated with "Construrama" I believe. It is located on the east side of Hwy. 1 on the second big turn south of the Punta Banda turn-off. Their number is (from the states): 011 52 646 154 0741.

I called this place from the states and placed a pretty big order with them for pick-up on a specific date. I was worried that we would get there and find our order not ready, or not complete, etc. Well, we arrived there and found all of our lumber bundled nicely and complete! What a relief!!! I can not praise this place enough - excellent customer service and very helpful in every manner! Especially Marcella - she was my main contact due to her speaking pretty good english.

Another thing - when we picked up our materials we were quite loaded down. My trailer was maxed out and we still didn't have our plywood loaded. To make a long story short(er) - they had a truck going south and delivered the rest of our order to a contact in Vizcaino! For free!!!

One last thing for you people building - this place can get most lumber. We ordered 2x12x20's and 4x12x10, and other items that were 20' long. No problema!!!

I hope this helps anyone building down south. I wish I knew of this place sooner! Good luck!!!:bounce::bounce::bounce:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 11:12 AM

The quality of material and service at most yards in the area has improved greatly recently. Flemate in the past has been eratic but, I'm glad you had a good time with them. I'll try them again when it's convenient.
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

thumbup.gif posted on 6-15-2009 at 12:04 PM

Thank you, Pacifico. You are doing what I consider to be the primary function of The Bajanomad; providing valuable information that we can use in Baja. Your post, I am sure, will benefit many nomads. If we can avoid having to try and get lumber through the border, what a relief this is!

I'm sure Dennis will agree with me in that we like your name.:bounce:

Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 12:19 PM
... what Tony said !

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart

Absolutly yes for sure. His mama did good when she gave him a name. Very thoughtful.
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2009 at 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by toneart

Absolutly yes for sure. His mama did good when she gave him a name. Very thoughtful.

Thanks!!!

[Edited on 6-30-2009 by Pacifico]
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2009 at 08:23 AM

Does anyone have an e-mail addy or a fax number for Los Flemate? I have tried calling and even when talking to Marcella I can't seem to understand the letters she is telling me that is her e-mail address.
Thanks
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2009 at 08:40 AM

Email in the yellow pages: no fax

oliver1@telnor.net

FYI.....The yellow pages also show a location in Sta. Rosalia.
phone# 01 615 152 0948
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 8-14-2009 at 09:46 AM

I got my rough cut 6x12's from these guys...

Carretera Transpeninsular 2581, KM 122
Ejido Maneadero
Ensenada, BC 22790

(646)154-0345

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.