Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Water Quality Ensenada
fernando
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2009 at 09:08 PM
Water Quality Ensenada

Dear friends

Last monday I went surfing at el Sauzal (between Ms and Staks) and i got a bad rash in many areas of my skin...it sucks. I am getting treatment but wanted to pass it along so you are aware of this.

However i am participating at a water quality program held by the IIO (oceanographic Research Institute) of the UABC where we are analizing water quality on a weekly basisi and have a page with results so you can see if its safe or not to swim on certain areas.

The link is http://iio.ens.uabc.mx/playas-seguras/

so please check it. In general al beaches are safe exept a couple of them at the moment.

Thanks

Baja Outfitters & Adventures
www.baja-outfitters.com
Dewey
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2009 at 10:17 PM

Thanks for the info. Surf in the Ensenada area a lot, but have never had any problems. San Miguel used to be really bad. It had used hospital waste a few years ago. That was scary. I have seen none for at least two years.
arrowhead
Banned

[*] posted on 6-22-2009 at 11:42 AM

The water at El Sauzal has been highly polluted with e.coli for a long time. There are warnings published, but they are in obscure websites that nobody really reads:

http://www.ensenada.net/noticias/?id=14862

Just another one of those super-secret public announcements that could directly affect your health.
fernando
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2009 at 09:08 AM

Thanks for the Link. Luis Felipe is a colege of mine. Its no longer at an obscured website. You can check the water quality as well as the swell update at el Vigia (local news paper) we are making a big effort to inform the people about the state of the Ensenada beaches.

www.baja-outfitters.com
arrowhead
Banned

[*] posted on 6-24-2009 at 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by fernando
Thanks for the Link. Luis Felipe is a colege of mine. Its no longer at an obscured website. You can check the water quality as well as the swell update at el Vigia (local news paper) we are making a big effort to inform the people about the state of the Ensenada beaches.

Well, Fernando, don't you think it would be far better and more effective to just put a sign on the beach telling people to stay out of the water? Just like they do NOB?
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 6-24-2009 at 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by arrowhead
Quote:

Well, Fernando, don't you think it would be far better and more effective to just put a sign on the beach telling people to stay out of the water? Just like they do NOB?

That sign would have to be big and run from TJ to Ensenada. San Diego surfers have 6 times the hepatitis rates of non-swimmers. Who knows what causes the rashes- but it could be anything medical or biological given that little surface street water is diverted to water treatment facilities. Mexicans seem to have an acquired immuity to these bugs- becasue I see children playing in the "chocolate water" puddles all the time.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
fernando
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2009 at 01:17 PM

Yes I think signs are definetly needed. if there was a sign i wouldnt of gotten the rash. Actually this has motivated me to look into it so no other people have the same umpleasant experienca i am having. However I want to emphasize that the effort we are making in diagnosing the water quality on a weekly basis is by itself a great progress

Quote:
Originally posted by arrowhead
Quote:

www.baja-outfitters.com

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.