Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: The Three Sisters
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2009 at 07:34 PM
The Three Sisters

The following are exerpts from emails from Mick Chapman, owner/instructor of Cortez Explorers Scuba Dive Center in Mulege regarding the addition of a new sunken vessel off Playa Burro in Bahia Concepcion:

"With some difficulty we maneuvered the yellow boat named Hannah into place next to the other two boats lying underwater which had sunk some years before.

Yes, the girls, aged 9 and 13, did help with the sinking of Hannah. They got themselves kitted up while I was out already in the water, swam out on the surface together alone, and met me at the yet to be sunk boat that Matthew and I were positioning. Then yesterday, with Hannah being down just 24 hours, the girls dived her with me. It was Thea's longest dive, some 50 minutes plus.

The Three Sisters are looking excellent now with so much marine life on them. I am taking (with Matthew my son) our friends Ash and John out to see them in about 30 minutes or so from now. The wrecks are collectively now known as the Three Sisters, and each has it's individual identity. Emma's Wreck, Thea's Wreck (which we sank last year) and Hannah's Wreck, the latest one to go down. A tribute to my three daughters!!

Thea has lost her crown for being the youngest Chapman to have dived. That distintion now goes to my beautiful granddaughter Sinqinesh, because at the grand old age of three, she was using scuba yesterday, and did not want to surface. Her pappa Matthew took her into about 4ft of water and she had her nose on the bottom for about ten minutes. She is really a true Chapman that young lady. Thea said that she did not mind losing her title to Sinqinesh, which I thought was a sweet statement!!"
Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

Mood: Living the dream

[*] posted on 7-30-2009 at 08:05 PM

Thea sounds like a total angel. Will have to dive these sisters with you guys!

Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2009 at 08:05 PM

(edited due to tripple post!! what the Heck?)

[Edited on 7-31-2009 by Bajagypsy]

Bajagypsy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2009 at 08:06 PM

(edit due to double post)

[Edited on 7-31-2009 by Bajagypsy]

squid
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-30-2009 at 08:43 PM

Well, this story sound nice, real nice. But in Mulege everybody knows Mick Chapman as a guy with quite a temper. No selfcontrol - No manners at all. Walking through town w/ no shirt on and such misbehavior. Quite a looser.
Sorry for being so honest, but that's the truth.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.