Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: For the adventurers
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2004 at 08:43 AM

:lol::lol::lol:
I love it.....

If I were to go I would take a pocket full of PORK tacos with me in case food ran out....better than eating cactus....

[Edited on 6-24-2004 by surfer jim]
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2004 at 09:06 AM

I would make sure I also had at least a dozen or so of some nice fat cigars!:fire:
Bob H
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2004 at 10:46 AM
JR you are too funny

I think you wrote the annon post just to make us laugh!!! :lol:
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2004 at 12:27 PM
Positive Thinking/Action

JR;
I applaud you for your Adventures!
Oh! if I were only 20 years younger!
Me thinks that you have improved you attitude in Life. I met you a year and a Half past and followed you words and Actions on the two Boards:JR you have Changed!!

Did you get to one of those "Secret Spots" look out over the Water and Mountains and figure out that you have a "Purpose in Life"?

It seems that more and more of your energy is being directed toward the Love and Care of the Mexican People.The Actions of wanting to take and show other "Unlearned People' ,the True
Mexican Mountain/Country People, is your way of Bridging the Gap.

I feel with you as I did that on a smaller basis with the Sea of Cortez so many years ago., living with the people of San Nicolas. You are undertaking A Grand Adventue.

God Bless you in you Travels!

Skeet/Loreto

In God I Trust"
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 6-24-2004 at 01:31 PM

I understand what the thousand dollars is for, your sense of humor. To hand it over to a stranger whose guides have never been to where they're guiding, based on the strategies laid out so far, didn't make much sense, but nevertheless I thought I'd ask. Your defensive posture affirms what my gut feeling told me, you're an impulsive amateur who wings it. Probably explains the lack of signups so far. Although your "Peanut Gallery" of Surfer Jim and Bob H. do seem to be somewhat vague prospects. At least they have their respective dim views of what would keep them happy. Cigars and pork rinds, that'll go well with your tequila.

You may decry the effing gringos at every opportunity, but you always seem to turn to a scheme that involves fleecing them, best example of a self fulfilling prophecy I've seen.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2004 at 01:38 PM
Thanks for your opinion

Sounds like you know a lot about Baja as well !:lol:

"you're an impulsive amateur who wings" it.

If you look this up in a dictionary, they have a picture of me !

[Edited on 6/24/2004 by jrbaja]
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2004 at 03:19 PM
Money

Kinda figgered it would get down to that :lol:
Any money that is made will be spent as I see fit. As many of you know, I have been doing this stuff for a couple years. I have made some pretty good friends in many areas down south and continue to help them as they have helped me.
What my plans are for your money is to use it to buy some necessary supplies for the people down south, pay for guides, food, and supplies, and to help me get it to them.
It is all part of an ongoing project that seems to be working for numerous reasons.
If anyone thinks it's all for me, so what. Don't go.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to see some things for the first time.
If any of you want to join me and local friends/ guides who know these areas as well as contributing $1000.00 to me and my donation program for 10 to 15 days in the wilds, that's fine too.
As far as my "winging it", I suppose that is what it could be called. It's true, my guides and I have never been to these areas, DUH!. That's why we are going.
I haven't even told any of you the legends yet but that will come when it is decided who is going, if anyone besides the usual group. That is, me, the dogs, and my guides.
:biggrin:
We have been planning this for over a year. We have waited for the guides to get their papers so it is legal.
I have discussed these trips with PROFEPA and they like what I am doing
as far as helping the people and teaching about trash etc.
Almost anyone that wants to join me on the first trip to these regions, it's going to cost them $1000.00 period.
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-24-2004 at 08:04 PM

I am not a good horsewoman so I can't go, anyways, I need bubble baths.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Herb
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-24-2004 at 08:33 PM
It looks like...

Anon did not read the Title/Subject of the thread, "For the adventurers" Suspense and maybe even a little danger are kind of essential ingredients for adventure.

Unless, of course, you're talking about the Spanish translation of the title of the US TV show known as "Rugrats."

:o;D:light:
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 12:30 AM

Hi...I am SURFER JIM and I am JR's side kick....like Johnny Carson and Ed Mc man I guess.....HaHaHa....:D
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 05:52 AM
Fear!

JR

You can "Smell the Fear" in some of the words of the Naysaysers.

They are so small minded and Fearsome that they do not have the Ability to Adventure!!

They can only Hide in their loathsome Words and type on their Keyboards, wishing in their Hearts that they could somewhere find the 'Guts to Adventure"

So you might make a little money, then spend some of the money on Charity, maybe buy a new Van someday, take more,People on an Adventure, Keep it up !!!

Just think, you might inspire one of you Customers to go out on their own and better their lives and understand another culture!

I might even find one of those Customers who would do an 'Act of Kindness" and take some jackets to the Children of Constitution.

Don't waste your time on the "Unlearned" spend it on the Positive!

Skeet/Loreto

"In God I Trust"

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 07:27 AM
Those of you that know me

also know that what is read on here means very little to me other than entertainment while I am waiting for pictures to download.
Unless of course it's from people I respect. There are quite a few and you know who you are.
I started this adventure thing now so I have time to weed through the people that are interested in going.
If any whiners, complainers do happen to slip through my weeding and actually make it on the trip, well, that is why we have the shovels!:lol:
And thanks you guys. I forgive em cause they know nothing of me or what they speak regarding me or my plans. Typical!
And Skeet, as far as a new van goes, mine hasn't fallen all the way apart yet. If I had a new one, I would be afraid to take it most of the places I go!:lol:
burro bob
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 10:52 AM

The more you keep talking about this trip the more I think I'll sell something and join you. If anyone thinks $1000 is too much they only need to check out the cost of other adventure travel outfits.
I can't imagine there is even anyone else out there that might have enough connections to pull this off. It sound to me like you have done considerable preplanning already.
I also hike with a pair of dogs that can't keep up with me at times. I'm also 50 years old.
I've gone into many areas here in the Sierra San Pedro Martir with no map or advice from anyone. That way when I do see something really cool (all the time), I get this great fealling of discovery. I'm not deluding myself that I'm the first person to see it, just that I found something that no one told me about.
Also JR your take on the honesty of the people in the country is right on. If anything these people will go out of their way to take care of you and try to get you home safe. I have heard of people getting ripped off when they left their rigs at the mouth of a canyon to go hiking, but it was other people in dune buggies, not the locals that ripped them off.
A couple of questions though. Do any of the guides double as bartenders? Are there any massage therapists at the pools we will visit? Can we have pizza at least one night instead of pork tacos? Can I get a discount if I bring my own burro? (He would like to travel and meet some nice southern burras.)
burro bob
gonetobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 12:42 PM

JR,

You have a great Idea!! Good luck!!

Keep up the honest answers.

Really though is that anonymys guy for real? All I can say is, if someone who is going into unexplored territory says they know exactly what will happen then you know they are lying. JRs experience shows in his answers that an unknown is just that and the only way is to deal with your expedition as it happens.

$1000.00 for 10-15 days????
Your way too cheap. You could get 3X that for what you are about to do JR. Just the opportunity to go to unexplored territory is a once in a lifetime!

buena Suerte!

GTB
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 01:48 PM
Wow, thanks everyone

I actually do have quite a bit of time up there and I actually do love it and the people but I actually don't think I would be called a professional by any means.
This trip will be just like the rest of my trips but with more people. I think I have some idea of who will be going and I think it will probably be a most enjoyable if not down right awesome adventure. Personally, I have been looking forward to it for over a year.
There isn't going to be any babying, everyone will be contributing in one way or another, and we will all be "working" together.
I don't have any set schedule and if some want to go slower than others, that is how fast we will go. Remember, I like to take pictures!
I have taken this all into consideration as far as the length of time goes. There will be a minimum of 10 days. I expect to see a lot at a liesurely pace. This is from past experience.
I know the original guides who will be joining us and I seriously doubt that I know others that will more than likely be joining us along the way. That's just the way it works.
The farther away you get, the less people that know the areas. Including the locals. I have explored as many of these areas as possible without it becoming a week long expedition as this will be.
Nobody has been to these areas out of anyone I have met and they are not aware of any other ranches out there. That doesn't mean there aren't any, it just means they don't get out much:lol:
As far as the time frame goes, I know of 4 different areas that have been basically ignored over the years. If we should be so lucky as to cover a lot of territory quickly, hahahahahaha , and exhaust a certain area, we will be traveling once again to one of the other areas for more of the same.
There are many stories in those hills. I am just sort of lookin into them in person:light:

Massage therapy "It's in the water"!
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 01:52 PM
Here's a clue

Over the guy in the caves left is the area we are headed to first.:O

[Edited on 6/25/2004 by jrbaja]
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 02:01 PM
This was the first of our crew

on the www.confluence.org expedition.
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 6-26-2004 at 11:01 AM

with that rope around his neck, it's hard to believe he was a volunteer
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-26-2004 at 11:35 AM

When I see a bunch of guys and a goat on a rope, I get worried!:lol::?::lol:

If you end up in the Valley of the Dinosaurs or find a lost tribe of Amazons as you explore the new world, I know I will regret not going!

Seriously, this is what makes Baja so exciting to me, the knowing you will see something new or different... perhaps even undiscovered! There's not that many places left on earth like that... specially just a few hours from a place like Los Angeles!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2004 at 12:52 PM
Actually

That goat was on it's way for some birria tacos supplied by himself!
And David, we had on sandals. It just wouldn't work:lol:
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.