Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Pimsleur/Platiquemos Spanish
FrankO
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2004 at 09:51 AM
Pimsleur/Platiquemos Spanish

Anybody hear anything about these programs? Some other Mex sites I go on say good things about them.

knucklehead

[*] posted on 6-23-2004 at 07:33 PM
You took the malformed Spanish words right out of my mouth

Just registered here, and this was pretty much gonna be my first question.

I just ordered the full Spanish 1 2,3 deal for....

mucho dinero ( sp. ? )

Seems like a great way to pick up basic conversational Spanish - But I'm not at all sure how well it will translate into Baja Spanish.... Which was going to be my first question.

Until someone comes along and answers the dialect question --- You can check out the Pimsleur method on the cheap by going to your local Barnes and Nobles, and get the Pimsleur Spanish In 10 Days, and see how it suits ya. Real cheap compared to the big versions.

It sold me --- and I went through couple of years of high-school French with zero interest, and zero aptitude - yet i can see this getting somewhere.

Good Luck --- Dave

Baja Feb - Mar. 05 ... Whether my language skills, or vehicle are ready or not....
FrankO
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2004 at 08:24 PM

Cool. I used to be knucklehead but I gave it up after being accused of trying to fool somebody. Now how in the hell would a knucklehead fool anybody?
I saw the set of 3 was pretty high so I will start w/the low budget one. It has to work being that my wife is a spanish teacher and she will be raising our newborns bi-lingual. Can't have them making fun of me now.
roxyoso

[*] posted on 6-28-2004 at 09:30 PM

These were the best lessons I found. Easy to do in the car no book required.
Look on ebay. I bought each comprehensive set then resold it when I was done. 1, 2, and 3 are very good; #4 was o.k.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.