Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mexican Auto Insurance
Cyndarouh
Nomad

question.gif posted on 6-23-2004 at 05:13 PM
Mexican Auto Insurance

What is the best Mexican Insurance to buy for a year? Any info on a good one that will help if need Please let me know mine expieres in July, Thank Cyndarouh
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-23-2004 at 05:25 PM
Bienvenidos Cynda

Talk to our guy here in Rosarito Cynda. It's a known u.s. company and recognized here in Baja.
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-24-2004 at 07:56 PM

We've been happy with Bernie's, infront of Qunita's Del Mar in Rosarito. $100.00 a year per person.

whodat54321
Nomad

Mood: trying new stuf

[*] posted on 6-24-2004 at 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Margie
We've been happy with Bernie's, infront of Qunita's Del Mar in Rosarito. $100.00 a year per person.

crap, I was just by that area today.

should have read the board before I left town.

the U.S. side companies want about 40 bucks more per year for the same coverage.
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-24-2004 at 10:17 PM

Whodat54321 - Do you need it like pronto ? I,m going in tomorrow, because on top of everything else the pila pump died. Anyways, do you want me to pick some up for you? You would have to e-mail me your license #. I can write a check out and you can pay me back.

Or... they do have an address in San Ysidro, I don't know if it's an office, but it's where we mailed our payment.:

4492 Camino de La Plaza
San Ysidro
(no phone)

Phone in Rosarito:

o11-52-661-612-1028
011-52-661-6130138
011-52-661-613-0692

Bernie's Residence:

011-52-661-6121194

FAX:

011-52-661-612-0044

And you know, I don't think that just giving them the license number will do it, I think you have to show your license. I'll find out.

Are there not also insurance carriers through this Board?

whodat54321
Nomad

Mood: trying new stuf

[*] posted on 6-24-2004 at 11:58 PM

I had a one day policy for my trip today, and the quote for a year was much more than $100 for my old 85 ford beater for a year from another agency. I saw the office you mentioned while I was apartment hunting down in Rosarito today, and know where it is. We will get the insurance for the car about a month ahead of our move in 2005, so there is no worry about having the car covered then. Rosarito is nice, but a bit too far south for a first choice as far as a rental goes, mainly because of the commute to East County. All the agency that I used today (I think it was Padilla) needed was the registration. I'm sure the other carriers don't need more than that either. Like I mention in another message, this is a long process for myself and my roommate, as we need to sharpen our spanish and make a ton of phone calls in TJ. Who knows what may change between now and when we are ready?
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 06:36 AM

lewis and lewis for sure, i insure 2 trucks and all my traillers and boat full coverage for around 250.00 a year.:coolup:
Cyndarouh
Nomad

eureka.gif posted on 6-25-2004 at 07:04 AM
Insurance

Thank You, I am so happy JR sent me this site. You All are so helpfull and Kind. My insurance exp. last day of July so I will buy it in Rosarito when were down on the 9th. We were buying threw, Discover Baja. Nice people, I just feel I can save money else where now. Without paying a club fee. Thanks again, May this summer be Fire Free, One thing that might be of intrest to you all! A big prob. from our fires the last two years is being under insured on homes. Please ck your home owners and cost of building now. So many were under insured. Building cost have just gone up off the rector scale. From the Ash of Juilan, we as a community are slowly rebuilding, Hugs to All Cyndarouh
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 07:13 AM
The address Margie gave

is for our mail boxes etc. in San Ysidro. There's a whole bunch of us with that address. It has nothing to do with the insurance agency.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 10:55 AM

I use Lewis and Lewis and have been very happy with them, and their rates.
Bob H
Debra
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 04:02 PM

I just renewed my yearly policy with Lewis & Lewis.....$96 USD including the legal assistance. This is liabilty only.

One of the great things about them is that if you are in a hurry they will fax it to you.
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 08:41 PM

Jr, the address is on Bernie's logo, and is where I sent our payment.

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2004 at 12:10 AM
Yep

Just wouldn't want people goin there expecting an insurance agency , right?
:light:
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2004 at 09:11 AM

I used to buy complete coverage, but now I only get liability - as I have found that my local insurance coverage with AAA is good anywhere I travel in Mexico (except liability).
Bob H
cristobol

[*] posted on 7-19-2004 at 12:59 PM

you can try Adventure Mexican Insurance
www.mexadventure.com - you can do it all online or they have a number to call as well!!
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2004 at 04:00 PM

I've used ADA-VIS in Temecula for the last several years - no colision just liability - $58 year, $25 for legal = $83. This is drivers license ins -covers my driving any car licensed in the states. (not licensed in Mexico) Havent had any claims but have friends who had it and said they took care of things OK

:biggrin:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.