Author: Subject: Profeco rates the Pemex stations
BajaBruno
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 8-18-2009 at 11:07 AM
Profeco rates the Pemex stations

Go here:

http://webapps.profeco.gob.mx/verificacion/gasolina/

select your state and city from the drop-down list, and Profeco will tell you if your local Pemex stations are honest (by Profeco standards, I guess). It uses a little red/yellow/green traffic light to symbolize your probability of being cheated on your liters and has more info if you click the station number.

Now, the obvious question is, "If they know who is cheating, why don't they do something about it?"

Christopher Bruno, Elk Grove, CA.
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2009 at 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBruno

Now, the obvious question is, "If they know who is cheating, why don't they do something about it?"

Looking at the results from where I am, this site is as fraudulent as the pumps. Sites that are well known for overcharging have received eight denuncias each, yet the inspection shows 0 liters deviation. I fill five gallon containers for my boat and the Padre Kino station (not listed) charges significantly less. The green lighted station has charged me as much as 50 pesos more for a five gallon can.

So, my guess is the answer to the question is you pay so much to Profepa to keep them from busting you, and pay an additional, optional fee to get a green light on the website.:lol:

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 8-18-2009 at 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBruno
Go here:

http://webapps.profeco.gob.mx/verificacion/gasolina/

select your state and city from the drop-down list, and Profeco will tell you if your local Pemex stations are honest (by Profeco standards, I guess). It uses a little red/yellow/green traffic light to symbolize your probability of being cheated on your liters and has more info if you click the station number.

Is this the station at El Rosario??? Seems hard to believe...

Pemex Station Report

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 8-18-2009 at 11:38 AM

I just took a deeper look and it appears that the green / yellow / red light has more to do with how many complaints that station has received.

Have you filed a complaint with Pemex Don?

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2009 at 01:25 PM

Actually, the complaints seem to be for anything. Not strictly for the veracity of gas pumped. Could be for not cleaning a windshield, having dirty restrooms or having an exchange rate someone didn't like. At least, that's the way I read the explanatory info on the page where you file the complaint. And that is Antonio's station in El Rosario.

[Edited on 8-18-2009 by Bajahowodd]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2009 at 01:37 PM

What happened to the QUALLI rateing for gas stations? That was supposed to be the bigtime seal of approval.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2009 at 01:45 PM

I thought Qualli was more of a marketing gimmick, and it too dealt with more than just the accuracy of the pumps. Seemed to me that it was like a one-time deal and once that sign went up, game over.
jerryjust
Junior Nomad

Mood: great

[*] posted on 8-18-2009 at 02:58 PM
Fuel at Rosario???

Filled my truck with diesel after a long drive from Mulege and it took 118.9 liters.which comes to 45.7 gal. Funny my tank only holds 37.0 gals. Must of evaporated.

Jerryjust:?::?::?:

BE WHO YOU ARE:SAY WHAT YOU FEEL:THOSE THAT MIND DON\'T MATTER: AND THOSE THAT MATTER DON\'T MIND;;;;
arrowhead
Banned

[*] posted on 8-18-2009 at 03:24 PM

One time I pulled into the Pemex in front of the Quinta Plaza shopping center in Rosarito for gas. The attendant told me (with a straight face) there was a special rule for tourists issued by the government. They could only fill the tank all the way up and there would be a 2-peso surcharge per liter (about 80 cents per gallon) over and above the pump price.

I told him politely where he could pump his gas (metelo en el culo, por favor.) It always pays to be polite in Mexico.

No soy por ni contra apatía.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2009 at 03:50 PM

Stupid unreliable website from a stupid chilango sitting in a Mexico City office.

I checked one of our most infamous gas stations here in La Paz. Notorious for shortchanging all the time.

ESTACION CASTROS, S.A. DE C.V.
Número de estación 1689
Domicilio 5 DE MAYO Y AQUILES SERDAN, Col.CENTRO, CP.23000

They have only 2 complaints and the idiotic traffick light is ok.

Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2009 at 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
I just took a deeper look and it appears that the green / yellow / red light has more to do with how many complaints that station has received.

Have you filed a complaint with Pemex Don?

No.

BMG
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2009 at 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jerryjust
Filled my truck with diesel after a long drive from Mulege and it took 118.9 liters.which comes to 45.7 gal. Funny my tank only holds 37.0 gals. Must of evaporated.

Last time I checked, 118.9 liters = 31.4 gallons.

I think the world is run by C- students.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 8-18-2009 at 08:54 PM

Jerry just went back to lurking. :lol:

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 8-18-2009 at 10:16 PM

Sounds like the fox guarding the hen house.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2009 at 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Jerry just went back to lurking. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-19-2009 at 03:55 PM
CHECK YOUR MATH PLEASE

Quote:

Hi Jerry,

Welcome to Nomad... The owner of the El Rosario Pemex is a good man, a Baja Nomad member, and a friend who doesn't want to do anything to shortchange anyone.

118.9 liters is 31.4 gallons, well under your tank size of 37 gallons.

The math is 3.785 liters per gallon.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-19-2009 at 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BMG
Quote:

Last time I checked, 118.9 liters = 31.4 gallons.

HA! Great... I saw this reply after I posted mine. Thanks... As many know, Antonio must be one of the most honest Mexican businessmen in Baja!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.