Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: cable tv at san antonio del mar
bajasmitty
Junior Nomad

Mood: happy

[*] posted on 6-24-2004 at 11:02 PM
cable tv at san antonio del mar

is there anyone who know's if there is cable tv here or is satellite better. also what is the best satellite internet in baja , telnor dialup leaves a lot to be desired:?::?::?:
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 12:25 AM

Well, you can probably get a bootlegged card, but I wouldn't recommend it, two of our neighbors had them and they went out within a very short period of time..

There is an outfit in Rosarito, but it's pricey and you don't get alot of the American stations.

Give these folks a call, the whole thing is legal and costs about $40.00 per month:

Interstar Communications Corporation
Alesia Hsiao
1-800-8338080
dialing fromdown here that would be :
1-880-8338080

This is Directv.

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 07:08 AM
I see the beginnings

of a wonderful relationship here!!!:lol:
bajasmitty
Junior Nomad

lol.gif posted on 6-25-2004 at 10:06 AM
jrbaja

is this the same jrbaja that wished he had lived in el monte with all has friends and know he lives in mex with them?:P:P:P:biggrin::lol::spingrin::saint:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 11:10 AM
Smitty

Nope, that's a different one hahahahahaha.
I think you need to get that cable hooked up right away:lol::lol::lol:
Good to see you have the help of Margie as a newbie in San Antonio del Orange County. hahahahahahaha

PS. Go to the edit button at the top right of your stuttering post and you can delete one of em.

[Edited on 6/25/2004 by jrbaja]
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 08:47 PM

Oh for cryin out loud, this is NOT Orange county. And, at least we don't have a billion ridiculous high rises like you have in La Barca. Say, what happened there - I heard the old man who owned the property died and there was a fight over it between his three sons ? Any truth to that?

And why is that house laying on it's side?

ha. ha. ha. ha.

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2004 at 06:46 AM
Seems like you may have La Barca confused with somewhere else

The crooked house is at El Morro, there were actually about 15 sons and daughters, and highrises? Not here dear.
bajasmitty
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2004 at 06:06 PM
margie

don't worry margie he know's not what he does or say's by the way do you have a friend that sells machaca here. and the building's are not the only high things at la barca :P;D:yes::saint:
The Gull
Super Nomad

Mood: High

[*] posted on 6-27-2004 at 05:22 AM
Duh Margie

Baja geography has been your weakness on more than one occasion. Trend?

�I won\'t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.� William F. Buckley, Jr.
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-28-2004 at 01:32 AM

Oh Gull, as my friends from Barcelona would say "shup-up"!

I was being fecitious because I am tired of JR giving out misinformation about SADM.

Oh well, I guess that went right over your heads.

Speaking of SADM, there is a house for rent on the street above us, which is about 3 streets down from the highway, I jotted down the number if anyone is interested, I don't know what they are asking:

613-3661
www.rosaritorealestate.com.

It looks nice, has a deck.Nice view.

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2004 at 06:32 AM
Fecitious

Went right over our heads! A house three streets down with a view.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
She's killing me. :lol:
There's a view alright, of so many roof tops and telephone wires and cables and poles it reminds me of Orange County.
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-28-2004 at 12:26 PM

Speaking of telephone wires, there is movement underfoot of putting these cables underground.

I have a gorgeous view, including the Islands from the kitchen to the living roon to downstairs and even from the bdroom upstairs.

You know JR, housing is a premium down here, that information might have helped someone, and it's a darling house.

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2004 at 12:38 PM
Putting cables underground

probably ma?ana right?
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-28-2004 at 01:22 PM

No, it's true. The cobblestone road replacement in front of your house cost about $300.00, we had it done down on this end. I know it's going to be expensive for the cable, but most everyone's for it.

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2004 at 01:25 PM
The cobblestone road replacement in front of your house cost about $300.00,

Huh ?
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-28-2004 at 02:25 PM

The cobblestone replacement and road repair in front of houses in SADM. The owners here have to pay for replacement and repair costs. It cost around $300.00 dollars per house/lot.

So, most people are going along with it and having it done. The ditch has been cleaned out and TJ is donating trees and ground cover for erosion control, the runoff was diverted, and the wall is being finished. So, next thing will be the power lines.

The Mexicans here have alot of pull with TJ agencies.

Sorry if it was confusing, I have to go and get going around here.

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2004 at 02:29 PM
Seems like now

would be the time to put the cables underground as the streets are being done? No?

PS, from what I have seen, you guys are getting a good price on the streets.

[Edited on 6/28/2004 by jrbaja]
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-28-2004 at 02:49 PM

Well, of course that makes sense, JR. So, maybe we're not getting such a good deal on the road afterall, since they will have to be redone if the cable goes underground.

You know how it works down here, poco a poco.

I never did understand why they put the fences, walls and gates up first, then the structure. Oh well.

Baja Del Mar has their cables all underground, I don't know if that was done initially, or afterwards. Ill ask Rita who lives with - oh god, I can't remeber his name and he is really famous for doing the Karioke thing in Rosarito, oh god what is his name ? He's the black guy, really talented. I've gone blank.

Ed - that's it, Ed is his name.

[Edited on 6-28-2004 by Margie]

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2004 at 03:21 PM
If everyone has agreed to do it,

make it happen now. You seem like the type that could probably make it happen.
Good project!
Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-28-2004 at 08:01 PM

No, it's not me, we just donate to the good causes - these works are accomplished by the Mexican Nationals who live here. Just this evening, Reuban and Guillermo brought by this notice:

SADM, June, 2004

Dear Jack,

We wish to thank each and everyone of the owners and residents who had faith in us, for their very valuable economic cooperation. We also want to thank the Federal and Municipal authorities, especially Eng. Maria Elena Card##as head of the Public Works Department of the Playas de Tijuana, Captain Roberto Diaz of Number 2 Unit, Station 10, of the Fire Department, and Eng. Joel Amparan, Sub-Delegate for Federal Highways and Bridges, because without their valuable help we would not have been able to clean and channel the water that runs in the gully adjacent to Ciclon St. north of SADM.

The water was diverted to the north, an earthen dike was built to help channel the water, and debris was removed including plastic, tires, domestic articles, dry wall, etc. Garbage that could not be removed was burnt including that on the beach.

The existing pipes were rehabilitated and other ones were continued to divert the water to the north and clean solids were introduced to help stabilize affected areas. Vehicle accesses were closed and signs donated by the Municipal Delegation were posted. Presently we are planting trees and ground cover donated by the devlopment "Brisas Del Mar" and the City of Tijuana to create a bigger inclination of the street.

We are perfectly aware that this is not a permanent solution and that we need to have drainage pipes to direct the water. This work should be performed by the authoritiesand not by us, since we did not create this problem. We will insist on it until we obtain a favourable resolution.

On the other hand, we are also aware that if we do not care, the problem will continue growing and there will be a bigger erosion problem. The last one created by the ignorance and abuse of workers, contractors and builders whose income comes from this community, and they were using this as a garbage dump of San Antonio.

We thank you once more for your participation.

Reuban Lutz
Arena 1300

Guillermo Caballero
Penasco 1275

So, the credit belongs to the Mexican Nationals, these guys are so smart and great, plus they got rid of the off-roaders.

Thank you Reuban and Guillermo !

P.S. Guillermo looks just like Tony Soprano.

[Edited on 6-29-2004 by Margie]

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.