BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: JR - morphic resonance?
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 04:19 AM
JR - morphic resonance?

jrbaja,

finally started to play with the colored pixels again. Don't know your buddy's name but here's a real quick little caricature for you. Hope to finish your logo that I promised to get to you when I can. It's been on my mind (for a while) and I might surprise you yet and finish what I promised. I can finally get up and move around again.

Never thought how much a message thread would mean to me 'til I stared *&(%# in the face for a few weeks. Your u2u message meant alot to me.

RandyMac:biggrin:

[Edited on 6-25-2004 by RandyMac]

==============================================
Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 05:52 AM
To connect? Somebody gave me a strange message today...

JR. Not sure what your beliefs are (telepathic stuff?), but the last few weeks were definitely very interesting and real weird. Hypothermic nighmares and bizzare visions abound.

I won't get into the real weird dreams that pneumonia brought on. It might stir Margie up again. Let's just say all the weirdest drugs in the world are nothing compared to crazy, shivering sweaty weird stuff (dreams) that I thought I was in the thick of, and talk about the crazy future we might have coming? Too bizzarre!!!!

The final sweat broke and?

I was given a strange message today by a friend when I got up and about. She told me someone was trying to connect with me from a great distance but didn't know how to get in touch with me. (Okay? Yeh right!!!) It could be expected, but?

"Hey Mac, somebody is worried about you, but they don't know how to contact you to let you know."

I didn't know what to think and say as she was quite insistant about this message. It was the first day in a while that I felt okay for some time so I was happy just to get up and about. I got up and about and decided to do a few color pixels drawings late tonight and see what was up on Nomads.

Well. Is the US political election over? Thought I was on the wrong message board for a while. Where's Margie?

My friends strange message today? Never quite made much sense of it until I logged on for the first time in a while to Nomads and posted the little caricature to let you (jr) know I never forgot about things and, &*(%^, there it was, your u2u message jr. Too weird. Too bad I couldn't cap those brain chemicals!!!

Could be just coincidence, or maybe it was what she said was being commmunicated from a distance: A positive thought of goood will and delivered thru morphic resonance?

jrbaja
To: RandyMac
Sent: 6-24-2004 at 08:59 AM
Message: Hey Amigo. Are you OK?? Haven't heard much of anything from you. I hope it's not because of pneumonia!!!
Buena suerte Amigo and hoping to hear from you soon. J.R.

Appreciate your thoughts, and the distance was obviously never a barrier if my friend is right. I have been feeling better ever since.

Just imagine? Thoughts from the fever? If everyone in the world thought positive thoughts for one day, and decided to send them around the globe via their positive thoughts, I wonder what might happen? Maybe my friend is onto something here. Could be just the after effects? Or perhaps, just perhaps, she really is onto something here. It might be, just might be, a growing positive trend in this crazy world of ours? Wouldn't that be nice and something to smile about?

Thanks for the kind thoughts jrbaja. It always makes me smile to read messages on the Nomad board.

RandyMac
:spingrin:

[Edited on 6-25-2004 by RandyMac]

Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

academicanarchist
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 06:10 AM
Randy

Randy. Gld to hear that you have recovered from a nasty illness. We have missed you here.
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 06:20 AM
AA.. had a few weird dreams and of all things?

You were innnnn them>>.

You were the professor teaching spanish and 22nd century history? Too weird.

Still feeling a little woozy and the typing is rough but I haven't forgotten the best people I like to communicate with.

That's what's really special about BN. It may get a little out there, to the left to the far right, upside down, angry at times and a little crazy, but, no matter what, you will always find thoughtful people on this board.

Thanks. A little worried about going back to sleep again but, I can't stay up forever.

Have a very pleasant weekend and may every mega lottery number match your ticket.

RandyMac:tumble:

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 12:41 PM
Hey Randy

His name is Flaco. You are good! Glad to hear you are up and around again Amigo. No more polar bear club adventures OK ?
That musta been nasty.
Don't rush into anything unless it's a hot jacuzzi.:light:
Talk to ya soon J.R.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 01:04 PM

Randy,
It sure is great to see you back on your feet. Glad you are feeling better! We really missed you. You have a distinctively characteristic and most interesting way of writing.
Bob H
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 01:54 PM

Hey Randy--you used the term "morphic resonance"...are you familiar with the scientist/author Rupert Sheldrake? Or is it just a coincidence......the basis of his theories have to do with morphic resonance.

Glad you're feeling better--I had a small bout of pneumonia a few months ago with the same bizarre dreamworld....the thing that drove me crazy was that they were so repetetive,
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 05:10 PM
I need to get this book

This has been happening to me a lot lately. I was cleaning out under my deck and enjoying memories.
A couple days later the phone rings and it was the person those memories were about. Someone I hadn't talked to in 5 years.:?:
And, not being able to contact down south, I was considering a trip down sooner than I wanted. I was on here blathering and my MSN Messenger informs me that my neighbor from down there would like to invite me to a conversation. Ha
He goes to college but we are very very rural. Someone try and tell me that Baja isn't changing, FAST !:light:
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 07:28 PM
Morphic Resonance? Rupert Sheldrake and the collective unconcious at work?

Lengthy ramblings of a mad hat nutter? Probably.

Jr. I remembered your friends name today. I was racking my noodle to remember and then it came to me. Same name as my tall skinny friend in the Yucatan, or as you say: Flaco. Won't forget again.

No more polar bear swims for me. The Columbia River is just to darn cold for a dip at this time of year. Never again, that is unless I slip from the boat and am forced to save my butt or I drop my beer cooler overboard. (There are some things a man just has to be heroic for and save.) I would much rather prefer snorkeling in Bahia Concepcion waters to the Columbia, anytime.

Bob H. After reading my strange previous posts from ealier, I kind of thought they have a distinctively characteristic way of showing that my noodle is still a bit frozen from the polar bear swim. But if you think I have a most interesting way of writing, I'm pleased to hear that. Maybe my reducing value isn't stuck in the crazy on position afterall? Somehow I doubt that though. :lol:
??
Mexitron
Re: Hey Randy--you used the term "morphic resonance"...are you familiar with the scientist/author Rupert Sheldrake? Or is it just a coincidence......the basis of his theories have to do with morphic resonance.

Yes Mexitron. Perhaps I have been heavily influenced by what Rupert Sheldrake has been researching. As a matter of fact, I made CDs of his conversations with Terence McKenna and Ralph Abrams (or Abrahams?) Dialogues at the End of the Millineum, and I turned the CD player repeat quite a few times during my frozen noodle encounter.

I read all his interviews and research papers a few months ago. Very Interesting scientist. Some other scientists and other people think he is a bit of a nutter, but I believe he thinks outside the box and pushes new boundaries of science, the brain and other dimensions of thought and communication.

(Some smart ass so called scientist dude wrote that Sheldrake is a kooky nut and said "This infuriating tract... is the best candidate for burning there has been for many years." In an interview broadcast on BBC television in 1994, he said: "Sheldrake is putting forward magic instead of science, and that can be condemned in exactly the language that the Pope used to condemn Galileo, and for the same reason. It is heresy." )

Kind of explains why some scientists haven't solved as many of nature's mysteries as one would think. It takes out there thinkers like Sheldrake to push the boundaries of science and nature.

That Pneumonia stuff? Take real care when it comes to the dreaded Pneumonia. I have had it too many times since childhood, and all can be attributed to my taking too many risks (my poor choices) of swimming in less than ideal weather conditions. I have to remember that Canada is not the Baja. My doc says if I get pneumonia and hypothermia any more times from swimming in near freezing water or any water for that matter, it could be curtains.

Bizarre dreamworlds....? It's probably part of why I decided to do some research and have listened to McKenna, Sheldrake and others in the past year. The bizarre dreams also drove me crazy. Perhaps why they are so repetetive has something to do with the opening and closing of subconcious or unconcious doorways caused by repetitive chemical reactions (dopamine and seritonin levels fluctuating) in the lid or brain.

jrbaja, an interesting story about your friend. The Collective unconcious at work? Perhaps you might want to check out what this Rupert Sheldrake has been working on and having to say about this. He also has some real interesting theories on animals.

http://www.sheldrake.org/

Sheldrake's essays and papers on many interesting subjects such as- Mind, Memory, and Archetype Morphic Resonance and the Collective Unconscious discuss the concept of collective memory as a background for understanding Jung's concept of the collective unconscious.

In a way, perhaps the Nomad board could be considered a collective unconcious and perhaps the very nature of the Baja itself draws people to it's natural surroundings to deliver a message? Who knows why so many flock to the Baja, and why some on the Nomad board discuss such subjects? In a strange way is there this interconnected thought from vast distances aside from all the message posts?

Sheldrake states in a paper I read recently:

The collective unconscious only makes sense in the context of some notion of collective memory. This then takes us into a very wide-ranging examination of the nature and principle of memory-not just in human beings and not just in the animal kingdom; not even just in the realm of life-but in the universe as a whole. Such an encompassing perspective is part of a very profound paradigm shift that is taking place in science: the shift from the mechanistic to an evolutionary and wholistic world view.

Maybe that collective unconcious is at work and perhaps that it why it's been happening to you a lot lately. Somehow the collective thought connected through nature has put you in touch with your friend that you hadn't talked to in 5 years? What else could it be?

Now that makes me wonder!!!! Okay Mac. Less on the out there thoughts and more action making those scrumptious burritos tortillas for dinner tonight. Oh how I wish I had real corn tortillas from the Baja.

Take care and have a great weekend.

RandyMac
:biggrin:

RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 07:35 PM
double checking... fanny?

changed right in front of my eyes. For aminute there I thought I was having a seizure or going into a bizarre state again.

Either Doug has incoporated a spell checker alternate word database into the Nomad board that makes changes to certain words, or I need to take a rest from typing and too much thought. I thought I put smart a%% scientist but then I see the word fanny magically appear after smart while I was checking what I wrote to make sure it was coherent. Much more appriopriate word to capture my thought though.

I try my best to refrain from using foul language if possible, but sometimes I slip.

fanny it is.:lol::lol:

RandyMac

[Edited on 6-26-2004 by RandyMac]

Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 08:18 PM

Heh Randy, sorry to hear you were sick. Everyyear you need to get a pneumonia shot ! Did you ever get a chance to see that post for you about the great Houdini?
It was a few weeks back.

Stay well and take all of your medicine.

xxxooo

Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 08:55 PM

Randy--that's great that you know about Sheldrake--I think he's really onto something--he must be if the Journal of Nature wants to burn his book!!

I was fortunate enough to have been to one of his seminars at Esalen in Big Sur, CA....you probably know that place--Mckenna was always there talking.....anyway, Rupert was quite an enlightening experience to listen too. His idea's consequences permeate almost every part of our existence.....Indira's net of gems.......
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 09:02 PM
pneumonia shot? The great Houdini post?

Quote:
Originally posted by Margie
Heh Randy, sorry to hear you were sick. Everyyear you need to get a pneumonia shot ! Did you ever get a chance to see that post for you about the great Houdini?
It was a few weeks back.

Stay well and take all of your medicine.

xxxooo

Margie,

I have never gotten a pneumonia shot to my recollection. But I did get a number of shots back in the late summer of 1994 before planned trip to India. It was around the time that India was expriencing all the problems with the plague scare stuff. I didn't go to India as the Canadian government closed all flights to and from India for a period of time so I missed a friend's wedding.

After getting the shots I got real sick and my new doctor thinks that it may have had something to do with the shots I got to go to India. He figures they had a adverse reaction to my immune system especially when combined with my previous bouts of pneumonia and bronchitis etc.

I prefer to let the natural immune system take care of things. Maybe it is real risky, but somehow I think mother nature has a way of looking after things and we shouldn't abuse it or we'll suffer the consequences. Far too often I have bashed my immune system with partying too much and a lack of proper sleep and rest etc, and I hope to build it back up without resorting to drugs and shots. My plan is less or no beer. Can't believe I'm saying that, but it could be a plan.

I appreciate your kind words. And I do sincerely hope you are feeling much better with your health.

A Canadian election on Monday. Me thinks the madmen (Crazy Harper and his Bush loving conservatives) will be at the helm in Canada after Monday's vote. If so, it will be real sad day in Canada, so I'll be moving to the Pescadero Baja area before too long. Canada is headed to hell in a hand basket.

I'll look for the Houdini post. I think my brother mentioned something about something he saw on the news. Could be the same as what you posted.

Take care.

RandyMac;D

Margie
Banned

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 09:15 PM

Mexitron, sometimes when you have repetitive dreams is kind of like a pre-cognitive thing, and something in reality actually happens that is like the dream,it has happened to me before a couple of times......oooooo.......!

And then I heard you are supposed to put a pink quartz rock under your pillow to ..I don't know what it's supposed to do. Anyway, I tried it but I kept hitting my head against this rock and I got a headache.

Randy's back, Randy's back, Randy's back!

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 09:45 PM
His seminars at Esalen in Big Sur, CA...

Mexitron. I wish I would have been aware before and attended such an event in Esalen. I could tell from a number of your posts that you have a vast knowledge in this area.

Rather than go out down to the local pub to listen to the same old stories (my friends and I get caught up sometimes in telling the same old lies over and over. Is it a beer thing?) and it gets rather boring, so I made it a point to learn more about some fascinating subjects. It's given me a better perspective to understand why so many in my hometown area have gotten caught up in the hideous cycle of cocaine abuse. So sad. The BBC Plants of Power series has some very interesting thoughts in this area of why humans have so much abuse of these plants of power.

I made CDs of all of Terence Mckenna's talks. Man can he ramble and spew the details of thought like he had a huge hard drive streaming his messages back. What a memory he had. He could go on and on and keep people captivated for hours on end. His 2012 Novelty Theory is interesting. I guess we'll see if the Maya and McKenna were right. Different theories but same end date.

Yes, I found Rupert Sheldrake quite an enlightening experience to listen when McKenna's slant mushroomed too far out there at times (hee hee). Shrooms grow all over up here in Western Canada along with many other plants of power.

I hope one day we'll meet in the Baja Mexitron, and we can trade some thoughts in this very interesting area.

Salvia Divinorum Diviners sage.
I became interested to learn more about Salvia Divinorum as of the last few months based on my first posts here in regards to shamanism etc. Never been much for drugs growing up, other than beer (probably too many) and a few puffs of the BC green here and there, and a few intersting and enlightening magical plant experiences in certain settings in my travels. After listening to McKenna, and reading a multitude of books in this area of ethnobotany, I did alot of research of the web into the botanical wonders in this world. Thought about it alot during my dream laiden states the past few weeks.

Thus my interest to find out if Salvia Divinorum grows in the Baja? It's the sacred plant or diviner's sage used for thousands of years in some Mexican tribes as a shamanic healing tool. In the right situation (set and setting) I might consider a possible experience, but only after considerable thought on the subject is it does represent the fine balance between casual desires of a tourist and the need to protect mankind?s spiritual sacred history of learning from such powerful and wonderous plants. But perhaps I will have to go to Oaxaca and experience it in a tribal Mexico setting where they understand it's true meaning and gain some insight and respect into the true wonders of the divinder's sage. :cool:

McKenna's Food of the Gods MP3 can be found here:
http://www.thehemperor.net/nontesters/thehemperor/psychedeli...

Many other interesting MP3s in this vast subject area.

http://www.deoxy.org/mckenna.htm

Mexitron. I couldn't attend the Esalen conferences in person but I have listened to the vast library found here. A wealth of knowledge.

From the She Who Remembers Audio Archives brought to you by www.thehemperor.net

http://mckenna.psychedelic-library.org/

RandyMac

RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 10:09 PM
The Diviners sage and anitdrepressant effects?

Mexitron.

Erowid Vault References Database

An interesting article on the Antidepressant Effects of the Herb Salvia Divinorum: A Case Report: Hanes KR J Clin Psychopharmacology, 2001; 21:634-635

Abstract
A case report of a 26 year old woman with treatment-resistant chronic depression who reports long lasting alleviation of symptoms with acute and chronic administration of Salvia divinorum.

http://www.erowid.org/references/refs_view.php?A=ShowDoc1&ID...

Interesting. Me thinks the thousands of years of knowledge gained into this shamanic healing tool by the elders and shamans of Oaxaca Mexico understood it's many benefits.

Perhaps as a relief from depression was one such benefit? :?:

If there was ever an event planned for Baja California by the likes of such people as interesting people such as Rupert Sheldrake and other interesting Esalen speakers I'd attend in a flash.

Maybe it will happen some day. Or maybe such events have taken place already and I'm not aware of it?

RandyMac:spingrin:

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-25-2004 at 11:55 PM
OK Randy

That's about enough. We just went to dinner tonight with one of my neighbors. Because of a discussion about health, I brought up something about Erowid.com.
This is something I am aware of but seldom talk about. Except for tonight. At dinner. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm:?:

[Edited on 6/26/2004 by jrbaja]
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2004 at 07:42 AM

Thanks for the links Randy--I'll check them out later this weekend--right now I'm headed out to Borrego Springs to get out of the rat race and into some beer and zen desert.

Salvia divinorum--read about it but never tried it....a little worried that my two remaining brain cells couldn't take it:lol:

Its not native to Baja as far as I know.
jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 6-26-2004 at 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RandyMac
Thus my interest to find out if Salvia Divinorum grows in the Baja?

Of the 13 Salvias listed in Norman C. Roberts' Baja California Plant Field Guide, Salvia Divinorum is not one of them.

:no:
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-26-2004 at 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RandyMac
In a way, perhaps the Nomad board could be considered a collective unconcious and perhaps the very nature of the Baja itself draws people to it's natural surroundings to deliver a message? Oh how I wish I had real corn tortillas from the Baja.
:biggrin:

There it is again... "THE Baja".... :lol:
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.