Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  17    19    21  ..  68
Author: Subject: Jimena
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 04:10 PM

this is our onsite action photo...after a day of preparations...kinda like haciendacerritos before picture eh...tomorrow at this time might be a bit different photo

[Edited on 9-1-2009 by shari]

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
This guy Josh and his buddies are nutjobs. Their primary interest is to see the most spectacular and awful stuff. They posted disappointment that the hurricane had been downgraded. He's no friend to the folks who are waiting to see if their loved ones and/or their property is safe.

Sad, really sad---there are always those around who mainly look to profit from a disaster-----bigger the disaster, more rewards for them. :no:

Diane
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
maybe brian the hurricaine chaser should go up to san ignacio lagoon or abreojos.

yes, for real hurricane experience, one needs to be on the lowlands (perhaps the salt flats) at laguna san ignacio.
sure hope the lagoon people are tieing things down, the lagoon is predicted ground zero.

i wonder what happens at gurrerro negro when the salt production ponds flood -- will the bay be poisoned by the high salinity runoff?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 04:22 PM

Quote:
This guy Josh and his buddies are nutjobs. Their primary interest is to see the most spectacular and awful stuff. They posted disappointment that the hurricane had been downgraded. He's no friend to the folks who are waiting to see if their loved ones and/or their property is safe.

different strokes for different folks. never criticize a person until you have walked a mile in their shoes (except partisan bloviators, it's open season on them :lol:

[Edited on 9-1-2009 by mtgoat666]
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 04:23 PM

Quote:
They posted disappointment that the hurricane had been downgraded.

They where dissapointed the Hurricane wasn't as strong and missed Cabo. Then the idiot probably rented a car and was "rushing" to San Carlos to see if he could catch it. What a loser, he ain't going nowhere in our roads with this weather. Hes staying in Cabo after the storm so, if anybody sees the guy vacationing in Cabo, flip him off for me por favor.

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 04:26 PM
Google Earth Image

Just a different view.

Google shot 9:1:09~1.jpg - 46kB

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 04:27 PM

jdtrotter, You're right! If they really get in trouble some poor soul has to come to their rescue. :no: Dumb SOB's. :biggrin:
BajaNews
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 04:31 PM

People gather at a beach in Cabo San Lucas, Baja California peninsula, northwestern Mexico, Sunday, Aug. 30, 2009. Hurricane Jimena strengthened into a Category 4 hurricane off Mexico's Pacific coast Sunday, and forecasters said it could hit the Baja California as a major storm in the coming days.
(AP Photo/Guillermo Arias)

sunday-sunset.jpg - 20kB

Paulclark
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 04:35 PM

Can't agree - some people stay in their rocking chairs and criticize and some don't and adventure out into danger -- the list of those that do is endless, but the arm chair warriors far out number them.
HaciendaCerritos
Junior Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 04:40 PM

Here are a couple of shots I just took from the Hotel

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulclark
Can't agree - some people stay in their rocking chairs and criticize and some don't and adventure out into danger -- the list of those that do is endless, but the arm chair warriors far out number them.

True, but the sad part, I believe, is when people like them are sad that the hurricane is downsizing----what does that say about their humanity?

If someone does not expect to be rescued and ventures into the face of danger, so be it----but when they are mostly concerned about making a profit for themselves, well, I think that is different.

Around any disaster, there are always those who see it as a mainly a money making opportunity--
Paulclark
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 04:44 PM

Like CNN, FOX News, BBC ---
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
If they really get in trouble some poor soul has to come to their rescue. Dumb SOB's.

i am amused when old people say "youth is wasted on the young," then same old people complain about the irresponsibility of youth.

storm chasing sounds like a good adventure. good luck to them!
HaciendaCerritos
Junior Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 04:49 PM

While I was out taking these pictures there were 3 pretty beefy looking guys on the beach (non-Mexican) with official looking camera gear shooting pics as well. I wonder if they were the hurricane hunters? My guard at the gate just told me that some Americans were there a few minutes ago asking to come onto the property to take photos. He told them no and they left. Not sure if the two are connected.
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 04:51 PM

Goat, I say that's the perfect time to criticize someone: He'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.
BajaNuts
Super Nomad

Mood: no worry, no hurry....it's all good!

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 04:54 PM

CSL pictures on another thread from CaboMagic-

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=41234#

(might update with pics here later)
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 04:58 PM

No wind to speak of here in La Ribera but mucho rain. Some local flooding but Lynda and I made preparations and we'll be fine.

Hope Floats.jpg - 44kB
aldosalato
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 04:58 PM

A pale sun came out through the clouds at 6pm in La Paz. Till now it seems we only had some nice badly needed rain with some wind.
If there is not an abrupt change of direction hope hurricane will keep cooling off on the Pacific side and probably we will only receive a few more rain in La Paz during the evening-night.
Probably schools will be closed tomorrow with sun shining again. All kids will be happy!!

[Edited on 9-2-2009 by aldosalato]
richard583

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 05:03 PM

-

Quote:

hey Guys, ...

First, (certainly) hope you all down there are able to weather this daughter .. through until she weakens.

Other, ..

I just logged on here to say - otherwise, that ..

In general defense of the attitude/s expressed by "Josh", and friends, regarding "Jimena" - (Noted where you have, in fact .... not entirely sure), ....

Essentially, these guys (some ladies in fact), are in fact primarily meteorologists, .. together with "weather enthusiasts" of different levels - more generally, .....

And with this, the main expressions that you're noting - or have noted perhaps ... (where considering their more meteorologically-focused appreciation of "Jimena"), ....
.. have certainly all - I'm sure, been registered with a high—(certainly the highest I would guess)—regard for others, general safety and well-being.

Beyond this, I can only reiterate this idea myself again, whole-heartedly.

with deference to your positions, more "there on the beach".

......@

Rm-(richard583)

-

[Edited on 9-2-2009 by richard583]
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2009 at 05:06 PM

Newbie. Hmmm. Just saying, I was greatly offended when their blog expressed disappointment when the storm was downgraded.
 Pages:  1  ..  17    19    21  ..  68

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.