Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  66    68
Author: Subject: Jimena
rpleger
Super Nomad

Mood: Was good.

[*] posted on 9-23-2009 at 09:21 AM

Hola guys.....I'm stuck in California at this time and can not be in Mulege....

Has anyone seen Patsy on the hill or Lilli Brown...

Haven't heard from them in a few days and wondered how they were getting along with the cleanup and I'm awaiting my orders to come on down...please

Richard on the Hill

*ABROAD*, adj. At war with savages and idiots. To be a Frenchman abroad is to
be miserable; to be an American abroad is to make others miserable.
-- Ambrose Bierce, _The Enlarged Devil\'s Dictionary_
Siri

[*] posted on 9-24-2009 at 08:35 PM
BBP Donations-Loreto Airport

Sorry I've been MIA, but I flew back to Loreto to work with Bill Bassett (we both live in Loreto) helping the Baja Bush Pilots last weekend. I had flights back to the US this Tuesday, but found out that morning that BBP was doing one final big effort this weekend. So I changed my ticket and I'm still here in Loreto!

We had quite a few planes through Loreto last weekend (larger planes that couldn't land at Mulege), and we offloaded donations from two of them. BBP coordinated with Minera Boleo in Santa Rosalia to send 2 trucks down to pick up the donations (which included firefighter equipment for the Santa Rosalia Bomberos, I think donated from Victorville, CA Fire Dept). Everything arrived in Santa Rosalia Saturday afternoon, and the Chief of the Bombers called to express his gratitude to the donors, BBP and everyone along the chain. GRACIAS!

We had a Cessna 340 in today and offloaded, and are expecting another C340 and a Cherokee 6 tomorrow. Tenative plan with Jack and Claudia is to drive the donations up to Mulege. Other planes are landing at Constitucion strip with donations for Lopez Mateos (and I believe San Carlos) via Flying Samaritans.

On a related note, people from the National Off Road Racing Association picked up 6,000 bottles of water from San Diego and a bunch of bottles of Gatorade from Ensenada last weekend and (with a lot of work from NORRA to get customs clearance in Tecate) drove them down to Santa Rosalia and distributed in conjunction with BBP and Cruz Roja. NORRA has also promised to try and help with overland transport for donations that continue to be collected--thanks NORRA.

Unfortunately, my photos are high-res and I don't have my softward to re-size them with me. I tried to post one here but the page couldn't load. I will likely put the photos from last weekend and this coming weekend on a public site, like shutterfly, then post a link here on Nomads.

Thanks for everyone's donations, support and interest!

Siri
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 9-24-2009 at 09:11 PM

we just headed north from mulege this past monday after spending a week mucking out our place...what an adventure...talk is we wont have water at our place in the oasis from anywhere to a couple of weeks to a couple of months...we do have electricity but no phone yet..so no internet...the town is slowly putting itself back together; folks constantly sweeping the streets with face masks...constantly...the heat is off the charts; just wore us down over the period of a week...but the town is coming back..slowly..but a bunch of determined folks down there..lots of supplies arriving daily..the mosquitos are showing up in numbers and the bomberos are spraying regularly..gracias, francisco..we had to slather down every morning with deet before even leaving our room..will rest at our place up here for a few days then head back down with more supplies..wow...what an experience...for the third time

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
Beachgirl
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2009 at 06:53 AM

For you kids down there still cleaning up...well, sort of ongoing isn't it? Be sure to be careful about the mud/sewage bacteria getting up the old noses. I have not even had a cold for over twelve years, and by the time we had spent ten days cleaning up our house, then headed North, I got super sick, then mulegemichael did, and we are still getting over it. Pneumonia at this point. However, we are in great spirits and jammed to the gills with "stuff", pointing toward Mulege out of here Thursday early am. Can't wait to get out on the water. Those sunrises on the water are spectacular, and we miss our friends.
 Pages:  1  ..  66    68

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.