Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Tripui Fire?
Jay R

[*] posted on 6-28-2004 at 08:13 PM
Tripui fire

Friends returned from Tripui today. Fire started at E-3. Buddies were three palapas down. They were sitting down to have a rum and coke when a woman came running down the row shouting fire(real hysterical). They had four five gallon buckets of water as water had been shut off. They grabbed the buckets, raced to the engulfed palapa, but in that short minute it was too late. They dropped the buckets, got their two vehicles out, a few clothes, and that was it. In twenty minutes the park was gone. Fire eventually died out(so it seemed). When they left that evening the RV portion of the park was intact. They returned the next morning (Sunday) and it was gone. Overnight, embers had been whipped up and erased that part . This is a total disaster, however, my friend says he saw only one guy with minor burns on his leg. Really a small miracle that nobody was killed.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 6-29-2004 at 05:28 AM
way tragic!! reinforces though an important

adage......place/invest in mexico or baja only what you can afford to lose or walk away from.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 6-29-2004 at 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Keri
My friend sent me this link this morning.
http://findsiri.com/tripui/ Check it out.
As of yesterday afternoon, there are now 7 pages of pictures posted.

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
msawin
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2004 at 07:13 PM
THE BURN...

I tried last night to post after my 1302 mile trip home via ford pick up with my cabo 226 that my son was able to hook up and pull out... One of the first out, of maybe 18-20 boats saved.....We were all so lucky for the time it happened...The largest group of residents in for the dorado... 5:00 ish... most in at that time...If this would have happened at night a very large number of folks would not be here today. We had a fire drill. It tested all. 25 minitue and all was gone..I was able to jump in my old ford and pull my buddies cabo 216 out the gate behind my son pulling mine out... The gas explosions were insane.. We happened to have nieghbor's son down for the week that is a fireman.. He took lots of photos that he will share with us when he gets home...He counted over 700 explosions... gas storage,gas tanks,propane,dive tanks....It was so loud with explosions... it moved so fast.. just a foot note , my buddie Will Block down with his wife to buy palpa, hooked and saved three boats alone...including the : Fuel Pusher", as the flames were ablaze above with the roof of the palpa....He was the last to crawl under the fence with the help of a few of our great hispanic workes of tripui....... A trip not to forget...

martin-o
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 7-1-2004 at 01:32 PM
Wow Martin!

What an experience that was for you and all others there!So glad you saved Ron and Chris'"Fuelpusher"as they are really great peeps and they actually rescued us last year with their boat after spending the nite off the south end of Carmen in the" Revelvedos". Glad you are ok, sounds like a nitemare. Quick thinking on you and sons part. I commend you.
msawin
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-3-2004 at 08:31 AM
4th party

Salley,
we signed up for the party on the beach at Juncalito . Could you scratch us off the list........marty

thanks
capn.sharky
Senior Nomad

sad.gif posted on 7-3-2004 at 04:04 PM
Very Sad

I talked with some of the victoms of the the fire at Tripui and feel very bad for them. Many lost years of memories in the fire. Snapshots, videos and other things cannot be replaced at any price. However, human life cannot be replaced either and thanks to God, no one was killed. The spirit of the people and their desire to rebuild will carry them through this ordeal. I think of the residents and of Alma every day and hope that things will work out for them. Sharky

If there is no fishing in heaven, I am not going
Sallysouth
Super Nomad

Mood: missing Baja...

[*] posted on 7-3-2004 at 08:16 PM
Martin-o

I'll email Juanita and let her know you are not going to be there, but it is not likely she will get on the computer before then as she has 10 family members she has been entertaining and a sick baby to boot. Too bad you will miss it, I hear it is a doozer!I'm not there,as you can tell, but in So. Cal for the time being. Take care, Sally
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.