BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: ON THE LEWIS & CLARK TRAIL (..sort of)
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2009 at 11:25 AM

Roger....I started going through your thread but, had to stop to make a beer run. Can't go any further without a twelve-pak.
----------------
----------------

"I'm positive Lewis & Clark would have taken Sacajawea out for a fine seafood dinner at the above Nomad's fine restaurant in Newport. Try Shark's, all you explorers..You'll enjoy it!"

Is this Corky's place? Has to be.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-12-2009 at 01:09 PM

GREAT POST... I will need more than a 12 pack to enjoy it fully... Wait, I have a keg of XX here... no worries! Love the history added into the story...

Thanks for posting the photo of Sharksbaja's eatery... Nomad friends The Squarecircle and BajaRob have both eaten there, but seeing it makes it even more real!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 10-12-2009 at 01:28 PM

Pompano, Thanks for sharing your adventure. :yes:
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2009 at 01:34 PM

Can you believe Donna Reed as a blue eyed Sacajawea?

sacajawea%20b&w.jpg - 20kB
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-12-2009 at 03:56 PM

that section in the maps early on labeled Spanish Territory.....
well it's all going back to them slowly sort of indirectly.

great stuff Roger. reminded me of when i flew the columbia river scouting vineyards out east of Camas WA all the way to Walla Walla with stops at Patterson and Yakima before heading up to Seattle and the San Juans.
the NW is a very cool place to tour.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 10-12-2009 at 08:04 PM

rog....you have waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy too much time on yer hands...git a hobby...Oh, you've already got one!...great story, amigo...thanks for putting it together...we are back down here now; stop by for a cold one, m.

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 10-13-2009 at 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Can you believe Donna Reed as a blue eyed Sacajawea?

Igor...not really, no.

Possibly a more believable presentation of Sacajawea. Played by Caucasian-Japanese Mizuo Peck in 'Night At The Museum'... a surprise hit.

[Edited on 10-13-2009 by Pompano]

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2009 at 08:04 AM

Really enjoyed the travel log and romp through your history. What a life!

Iflyfish
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2009 at 09:13 AM
MAP??

Great post! It's nice to hear a story/trip report other than Baja. Any chance you can use your handy computer skills and put up a map of your travels with L&C, Starting from Or. and ending in N.D.?

Thanks, P.

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
fixtrauma
Nomad

Mood: Monomaniac

[*] posted on 10-13-2009 at 09:53 AM

Thanks for all the work of posting this trip report. It was completely enjoyed. I truly love that whole section of the country. BTW.........as fast as those pheasants fly, how'd you get that shot of the one flying in front of you?

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2009 at 10:40 AM

Another really, as it turned out comical, bit of casting was Fred Mac Murray as Meriwether Lewis. I can't seem to find any images of him from that film (Last Horizon). They had Fred wearing a coonskin hat. But at least hollywood had the good sense to give Charlton Heston all the romantic scenes. I don't think anyone could have handled Fred MacMurray and Sacajawea together on the big screen. :lol:
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 10-14-2009 at 09:35 AM
Map of our Lewis & Clark Trail route

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulina
Great post! It's nice to hear a story/trip report other than Baja. Any chance you can use your handy computer skills and put up a map of your travels with L&C, Starting from Or. and ending in N.D.?

Thanks, P.

Paulina, you give me WAY to much credit for having any computer savvy. I know how to post photos though, and took a pic of our route as I googled it. Pretty easy to follow and has great scenery all the way. I hope you take it soon.

My L&C post above is from points A to O only..the remaining route is for another time.

Note: The Lewis & Clark Trail goes south from Bismarck, ND following the Missouri River all the way to thier original starting point.

fixtrauma..those pheasants do indeed fly fast at times, but that one was standing up like the statue of Sacajewea just before we pulled alongside..then off he went as I was leaning out the window and snapped him. I have this painting by Redlin, which looks exactly like our rooster scenes Up North. Great creatures for the autumn adventures.

Igor..Fred MacMurray in a coonskin cap is about as comical as me in one.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Vince
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2009 at 11:52 AM

Nice going Roger! I enjoyed the travelogue. We drove to New York City in July and came back thru ND, really enjoyed the T.Roosevelt Nat. Park. Of course we spent time fishing in Montana. Last week we spent 4 days at Coyote Bay. All was well, water 80, air 85-90. Perfect weather.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.