Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Baja Ha Ha Sailing Rally
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-31-2009 at 03:56 PM

I just looked... they are very close to Bahia Asuncion now!

Got married July 18, 2008 to Elizabeth (Baja Angel)... she is awesome and loves Baja! Thank you!!

Photo of you above is from President's Day Weekend 2004 on Shell Island... during the Matomi Canyon/ Nuevo Mazatlan camping trip. http://vivabaja.com/204 Good Fun for all the Nomads there!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Edie H.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2009 at 04:13 PM

That sure was a fun trip (cold!!!) and I think so fondly of really getting to know Mike H. and the other Baja Nomads on that trip. I'm glad that Baja Angel enjoys Baja as much as you. We have met so many wonderful people along our travels there. After the demasting, we met a wonderful couple who helped us (including doing laundry in their home) while we figured out what to do to get the Andalucia back home. It's always amazed me what a bad rap Baja gets from people who have no idea how wonderful it is there. We never had a thought of not going back again even with all the work it took to get the boat back to what it is today. Steve plans on sailing to Mazatlan and then home for the holidays before we both fly back and continue on down the coast.

May the wind at your back not be your own.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-1-2009 at 07:46 AM

yup...saw lots of boats yesterday afternoon having nice leisurly sail in the 15 knot NE breeze...probably a welcome change from the blows the days before.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
805gregg
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-4-2009 at 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Swords
Well Gregg, as one who signed up for the Bajahaha 11 years ago, we enjoyed the crew parties, the great information, and, most importantly, the comradeship of fellow cruisers. The ability to make acqaintances with folks heading down has made enduring friendships to this day. We still have our boat in Marina de la Paz as do many others who did the HaHa. We sail with some, meet others out at the islands, and continue our friendships originating from the HaHa gettogethers. Our life is certainly richer for the experience. I doubt that your would find otherwise from any participant.

Did you pay $350? Why couldn't you meet and party with the other cruisers if you didn't "sign up"? I'm just saying it used to be a free deal.

Incidentally, we did decide to sail down on our own over a month after the HaHa left, preferring solitary anchorages and quiet passages.
Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2009 at 07:25 AM

Wow, this is still here? Greg, I believe 10 years ago it was around 100 dollars. The sponsor, Latitude 38, held parties and the like. They had a gift bag with a burgee, some T shirts, etc. Probably not $100 worth, but lots of info. There is a beach party halfway, one at the end. Communications provided by the "mothership" for those who need it. the assemblage of the "fleet" has provided doctors to assist injuries, serious gear failure etc. For a newby in Mexico it has its advantages. Maybe there is more now, maybe not. For the gregarious it is fine, we preferred the solo voyage. One could probably look at the caravan thread and see some similarities.
BajaRob
Senior Nomad

Mood: Life is good

[*] posted on 11-5-2009 at 07:46 AM
The Haha

is great fun. I based my Tayana 52 " Windstalker " at Marina de La Paz from 1988 to 1991 and participated each year. One of the highlights was a tacking duel that we had with the Ocean 71 " Saint Elmos Fire ". We visited with Mac & Mary Shroyer last year and they still look the same as they did all those years ago.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.