Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Mexico Event in San Diego
MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 12:42 AM
Mexico Event in San Diego

Greetings,

I know some might consider this a unwarranted or shameless plug, but I think it's a great opportunity for Nomads to get together. Plus Nomads get in free, just tell them at the door.

Anyway, I wanted to make sure all local nomads knew that this Saturday is The Mexico Promotional Event in San Diego. It will be held at Liberty Station in Point Loma from 10:30am-4pm.

I think we have some speakers and presentations that some Nomads might be interested in. They include Sr. Escobedo, the Secretary of Tourism - Baja California, the premiere of the TV pilot "Baja Sol", tequila maker Guillermo Sauza will speak and offer tastings, plus real estate developments Mexico is Hot and Cabo Riviera.

Also, we'll be giving away round trip tickets on AeroMexico, some hotel packages, books, and local tequila restaurant will giveaway a dinner package as well as set up a replica of a Mexican cantina... They may also offer samplings of their famous mole.

You can see more information and directions on our website at http://www.themexicoevent.com

-On a side note, did any Nomads see our ads on the electronic billboards at the border? Curious as I wasn't able to make it across.

Thanks,
Ted

alafrontera
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 01:58 AM

OK cool, I'll come and check you out :cool:

low lattitude attitude
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 08:47 AM

what's the TV show about? a pilot?? is it trying to get to a series?

tell us Ted!!
is baja talk radio back on??

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 09:03 AM

thanks for the info ted....these kind of events are great and I think its terrific you tell nomads about them...hopefully some of you might win one of those prizes...have a tequila test for me!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 09:13 AM

With tequila as a draw...we're there!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 11:40 AM

Thanks all, just let the person at the door know you are a Baja Nomad. Then fill out the form to enter the round trip tickets for AeroMexico and other prizes.

Cap't. Mike, how are you amigo? Yes, film maker Mike Norman has created a potential TV series all about Baja California. His pilot is out and we will run it at 11:15 I believe. I have seen some of it and it's very professional and the host is great. He's also looking for advertisers to make the whole 26 part series.

Lastly, Udo and others, I look forward to meeting you so if we haven't meet, please have someone point me out. I am sure I will be running around like crazy putting out fires, but please say hi.

See you all there!
Ted

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MexicoTed

Yes, film maker Mike Norman has created a potential TV series all about Baja California. His pilot is out and we will run it at 11:15 I believe. I have seen some of it and it's very professional and the host is great. He's also looking for advertisers to make the whole 26 part series.

See you all there!
Ted

Mike Norman ('BajaSol' on Nomad) is a really great guy who has made a very professional video that shows the peninsula well. I have seen the video...

The video is great and combines many of the things we love about Baja. The first episode (also) goes into detail on the great relationship and fun that the people of Baja California have with SCORE and off road racing! Capt. Mike, you will love it!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 12:50 PM

Wow. Looks like a large number of exhibitors. And I would never have thought there would be a Troncones Tourism Office.
BajaGeoff
Super Nomad

Mood: Heading To Baja!!!

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 02:07 PM

Mike Norman has done a lot of amazing work to get the Baja Sol project going. I had lunch with Mike last week and got to hear some of his plans for the show. It is going to be really good!

Baja Bound will also have a booth this weekend...come on by and say hello!

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 02:36 PM

Just wondering about copyright stuff. Check out this link. Then click on the Baja Radio/TV button.

http://www.baja-sol.com/
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Just wondering about copyright stuff. Check out this link. Then click on the Baja Radio/TV button.

http://www.baja-sol.com/

THAT IS NOT the same 'BajaSol' as our Nomad TV show maker... One look and you can see that web site is a restaurant chain...

Here is Mexico Ted and BajaSol with me at the big Baja by the Sea event last May:

BajaSol's web page is here: http://www.bajasol.tv/

[Edited on 11-9-2009 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

alafrontera
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 03:03 PM

Why do I have a sudden craving for a Bohemia :?:

[Edited on 11-9-2009 by alafrontera]

low lattitude attitude
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 03:13 PM

Quote:
And I would never have thought there would be a Troncones Tourism Office.

Yes, that is hard to believe, but I haven't been down there for awhile. They've probably paved the road by now.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 04:55 PM

David. Don't be so simple. Whether or not you think that there's no problem because that link was to a restaurant chain, there seriously could be copyright infringement and other legal issues. That's why I posted it. That said, that "Baja" restaurant chain founded in the twin cities has also entered an agreement with a group in SoCal to open up to 30 franchise locations in San Diego and Orange Counties, the first slated in Chula Vista. What's wrong with this picture? A Minneapolis based operation, claiming to be "Baja" expanding to Baja Norte Norte.
MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 05:01 PM

Unfortunately, we don't have a beer sponsorship for this event... but we do have one of the finest boutique tequilas available; Tequila Fortaleza. They will have a booth shared with Cantina Mayahuel restaurant set up to look like an authentic Mexican cantina plus offering small tastings....

Sorry, I forgot to mention you Geoff. BajaBound (and for that matter Doug) have been big promoters of our events.

See you there,
Ted

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 05:09 PM

Just the opposite, David. not trying to hurt. Trying to help. You obviously have no background in legal stuff. I was merely trying to give our friends a heads-up that they could possibly face some lawyers knocking at their door. This stuff happens, unfortunately, all too often.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DanO
Quote:
And I would never have thought there would be a Troncones Tourism Office.

Yes, that is hard to believe, but I haven't been down there for awhile. They've probably paved the road by now.

And put up a parking lot.:tumble:
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 05:14 PM
Glad to Know About These Events

Thanks, MexicoTed

I passed the info along.

I hope that the event is a great success!

GJ

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 11-9-2009 at 11:47 PM

Quote:
You obviously have no background in legal stuff.

While your general concern with this is appreciated, throwing "digs" at others here (per the above quote) is not likely in your best interest.

There seems to be, as well, a slight confusion as to what are "copyright", and what are "trademark" issues. Same/similar brands would be a trademark issue, not a copyright issue.

And it's not a trademark issue if there's not likely any confusion over the source of the products or services - and these are not same or similar items being marketed.

End of story. Lets move on..... maybe to Ted's event on Saturday perhaps? :light:

References:
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/metaschool/fisher/domain/tm.htm...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark_infringement

:biggrin:

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
fdt
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Yeah, what if it all goes right

[*] posted on 11-12-2009 at 12:55 PM

bump :bounce:

A well informed Baja California traveler is a smart Baja California traveler!
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.