BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6
Author: Subject: FMTs being phased out, Mexico getting serious about FM-3s.
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2009 at 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
How ignorant can you be? The fact is we need both those who work with their hands and those that work with their minds. Can you imagine what this country would be like if there were no Universities and just a bunch of uneducated DK's running around !
Maybe if you had spent a little time with your formal education to compliment your informal learning ....

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
Originally posted by oldlady
Quote:
LESS MONEY TO GOVERNMENT, MEANS MORE MONEY TO THE PEOPLE...

Too bad some in government didn't study Economics 101, instead of Karl Marx!

You must be as old as I am. The text has been updated to reflect "collective good", comrade.

Yah, it sure is sad that instead of learning from real world experiences... they learn from Ivy League universities and commie professors. Since they don't teach real history to kids, those in control can repeat those mistakes made before. Heck, even the Red Chinese have learned how capitalism is supposed to work!

rts551, you're beating your head against the wall. It ain't gonna work.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2009 at 10:59 AM

is that why it hurts, thanks. Time for reality check anyway.
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2009 at 11:05 AM

I'm going out on a limb here and propose that the decrease in tourism in all of Baja will be, in the long run, a good thing.

The old Cabo was ruined in the opinion of many.

Rosarito was turning into a huge TJ Avenida Revolucion. Party, party, party.

Ensenada was getting too dependent on cruise ships that have just decided to go elsewhere.

Huge developments were recently proposed in BCS and thankfully did not come about. Tourists were prime targets.

Evidently tourism is low on the sustainable business scale.

Raising the difficulty and cost of getting tourist visas might just be a good thing.

[Edited on 12-15-2009 by k-rico]
Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

Mood: Dreamin' of Baja

[*] posted on 12-15-2009 at 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by k-rico
Quote:
Mexico (Mexicans) really have a lot more to gain from U.S. tourism

I was wondering exactly how much so I did some googling

2008 revenues from tourism in Mexico was $13.2 billion. Mostly from Americans I would guess.

http://www.laht.com/article.asp?ArticleId=327941&Categor...

2008 Mexican GDP was $1.567 trillion or 1567 billion.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/...

So.....

13.2/1567*100 = 0.84 percent

American tourism dollars amount to chump change in Mexico if I used the right numbers and did the arithmetic correctly.

Of course on a local basis, like in Baja, it's more significant, but thankfully, becoming less and less important.

Your math is correct, but I don't know if you can really compare it to the GDP. For example, we always hear that remittances (money sent home from workers in the US) are a close second only to oil revenue for the money they add to the economy...Yet in 2007 remittances amounted to "only" $23.7 billion - or a little over 1% of the GDP...If this paltry ~1% "chump change" stopped, what do you think would happen to the Mexican economy?

Link to 2007 remittances

Also interesting that in a subset of the link you provided https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/mx.html#Econ the unemployment of Mexico in 2008 is listed as as 4%…Really? :lol:

Truth generally lies in the coordination of antagonistic opinions
-Herbert Spencer
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2009 at 11:12 AM

Yes, I was unsure about using GDP in the denominator. That's why I put the "if" in there. What would be a better way to judge the significance of tourism? And as far as the numbers being accurate, you can only work with what ya got.

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2009 at 11:50 AM

Its interesting to me that the gov of Mexico, USA and Canada signed the SPP security prosperity pact, the UN has declared the goal of a common North American Continent, there are continous changes in policy to align our policies and governments. Our Military is training together and co-opting funding with Plan Mexico. Many large corporations are now co-owned by cross border entities. This week the copenhagen treaty is being negotiated to require a new central power to exact a new 2% tax on our countries to be delivered to a private fund for global enforcement of new smart grid laws, the 2% tax has already been passed in Mexico and is now being passed for all countries through the copenhagen treaty. USA has declared repeatedly they will legalize all migrants and provide a universal id card, passport card or rfid card. Mexico declares they will forgive illegals and provide for simplified visas.

Yet while our government publicly states their plans, signs treaties, all outside of the democratic process, few (of you) can accept see these actions for what they clearly are, a fast moving alignment of our North American continent toward a single common government which is highly militarized and controlled by a new private bank and corporate state with heavy taxes and massive smart control grid.

Does any one think this might not be in your best interests to give up so much so quickly?

They have clearly stated their plan is to use the scheme of global climate change as a mantra to demand global alignment and a social change to control populations and control society with a massive oppressive smart grid connecting all energy use, all actions to a central monitoring and taxation scheme supporting a new financial system based on carbon credits (debt) which you will accrue as debt through your daily actions. The carbon market known as a cap and trade will be the financial system, the new gold, and you will be indentured servants constantly accruing debt and penalties. Furthermore a super complex trading scheme will support derivatives, default swaps, futures and all kinds of zany financial structures to allow large corporate entities to profit and avoid the burdens or actual reduction of pollution and where they do they earn carbon credits to auction off simply by reducing energy production.

Does anyone read at all anymore?

Or is it just more fun to blame the left-right paradigm and simple idiotic arguments instead of discussing the truth of the massive theft underway by a global banking cabal and total breakdown of our democratic structures and present society all for profits of a few?

Oh but being arrogant-ignorant is so much more fun and such an easy out than being inquisitive, thoughtful and action-minded to stop this cabal?
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2009 at 01:49 PM

There's no question that the financial institutions have developed to the arrogant level of declaring that politics is unimportant. This whole idea that Wall Street dictates what happens in the world is supported to a certain extent by the "too big to fail" label. That said, in my opinion, anyone trying to posit a direct link between such things as Copenhagen, domestic amnesty, unitary North American government, etc. ought to consider moving into a trailer next to Art Bell in Pahrump.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 12-15-2009 at 02:34 PM

Can see we got some real thinkers out there... been trying to get off the grid myself for all my life.. thought we had a chance down here in Mexico.. but, sounds like they are going to "plant" a chip in my butt to keep taps on me and/or others no matter where you go.... well, I be waiting for someone to post a solution... EECM's or what ever is used today.. but, please not Pahrump!!:):)

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2009 at 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Its interesting to me that the gov of Mexico, USA and Canada signed the SPP security prosperity pact, the UN has declared the goal of a common North American Continent, there are continous changes in policy to align our policies and governments. Our Military is training together and co-opting funding with Plan Mexico. Many large corporations are now co-owned by cross border entities. This week the copenhagen treaty is being negotiated to require a new central power to exact a new 2% tax on our countries to be delivered to a private fund for global enforcement of new smart grid laws, the 2% tax has already been passed in Mexico and is now being passed for all countries through the copenhagen treaty. USA has declared repeatedly they will legalize all migrants and provide a universal id card, passport card or rfid card. Mexico declares they will forgive illegals and provide for simplified visas.

Yet while our government publicly states their plans, signs treaties, all outside of the democratic process, few (of you) can accept see these actions for what they clearly are, a fast moving alignment of our North American continent toward a single common government which is highly militarized and controlled by a new private bank and corporate state with heavy taxes and massive smart control grid.

Does any one think this might not be in your best interests to give up so much so quickly?

They have clearly stated their plan is to use the scheme of global climate change as a mantra to demand global alignment and a social change to control populations and control society with a massive oppressive smart grid connecting all energy use, all actions to a central monitoring and taxation scheme supporting a new financial system based on carbon credits (debt) which you will accrue as debt through your daily actions. The carbon market known as a cap and trade will be the financial system, the new gold, and you will be indentured servants constantly accruing debt and penalties. Furthermore a super complex trading scheme will support derivatives, default swaps, futures and all kinds of zany financial structures to allow large corporate entities to profit and avoid the burdens or actual reduction of pollution and where they do they earn carbon credits to auction off simply by reducing energy production.

Does anyone read at all anymore?

Or is it just more fun to blame the left-right paradigm and simple idiotic arguments instead of discussing the truth of the massive theft underway by a global banking cabal and total breakdown of our democratic structures and present society all for profits of a few?

Oh but being arrogant-ignorant is so much more fun and such an easy out than being inquisitive, thoughtful and action-minded to stop this cabal?
Bingo! Well said Gnu.

[Edited on 12-15-2009 by monoloco]
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2009 at 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
Can see we got some real thinkers out there... been trying to get off the grid myself for all my life.. thought we had a chance down here in Mexico.. but, sounds like they are going to "plant" a chip in my butt to keep taps on me and/or others no matter where you go.... well, I be waiting for someone to post a solution... EECM's or what ever is used today.. but, please not Pahrump!!:):)

The SENTRI pass and the new passports are the closest things to butt chips so far. Nothing like having RFID chips in your pocket and on your windshield. I wonder when the local police will be able to read them. Use sparingly, perhaps not at all, if anonymity is desired.

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2009 at 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
There's no question that the financial institutions have developed to the arrogant level of declaring that politics is unimportant. This whole idea that Wall Street dictates what happens in the world is supported to a certain extent by the "too big to fail" label. That said, in my opinion, anyone trying to posit a direct link between such things as Copenhagen, domestic amnesty, unitary North American government, etc. ought to consider moving into a trailer next to Art Bell in Pahrump.

This is quite funny, the Copenhagen UN speakers themselves have declared loudly that the SPP, NAU, Climate Change, Goldman Sachs banking cabal, Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are in fact the incremental means to the end for their social engineering plans which are based in eugenics. The very same plans for social engineering they have had for more than 100 years and have executed consistently in the policies that precipitated every so called war and actions leading up to to mass murder and exploitation world-wide. But howard you would sit happily in front of your big screen denying the policies and funding which fueled the civil war, WWI, WWII, Cambodia, Vietnam, Serbia, the Cold war, the current invasions etc ad infinitum ad naseum, what fun to be so pleasantly disconnected and unable to place blame or criticism. What a joy to be so arrogant yet uninformed.

Interesting though that even though the thieves have been caught, many are in serious trouble, many resignations in the recent weeks, many already under investigation, and many charges for theft, treason and tyranny, the examples are printed in main stream crappy media daily, yet still the North American arrogance insists that it can not be so, We are # 1, since to consider the seriousness of the message requires the North American to challenge his own arrogance.

I wonder Howard and other deniers, at what point would you see a connection between US policy and actions in the gloabl banking cabal, foreign policy in the bananistans, anthropormorphic global climate mantra, health care profitabllity for medical industry, NAFTA, SPP, NAU, EU and now the coup d'etat the Copenhagen treaty?

By design, we have 20%+ actual unemployment, many or most have lost any value in their home investment, manufacturing and industry has been destroyed and moved away, farming has been decimated by policies and promotion of biofuels and GMO.

Yet Howard is certain there could no inter-connection, its all a big accident and all of this literal nonsense is just a blip to be ignored.

The US was the greatest nation on earth with the most productive inventive people ever, and in literally a few years we are the biggest debtor nation, we have lost virtually all manufacturing, we have increased our military budget using untrained private contractors that admittedly kill people for no purpose, we torture innocents and hold people in horrific prisons without charges for more than 8 years. Yet Howard is certain that nothing is connected and to even consider these issues, or read, is the pass-time of ninnies.

Yes its all simply by accident. It's cute, we're funny, ha ha. War is Peace, Carbon that plants use and we breathe is bad, Torture is Freedom, Globalism and indentured servitude is our destiny so accept it.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 12-15-2009 at 03:12 PM

Gnukid... did you forget to wear your tin foil hat again?

[Edited on 12-15-2009 by fishbuck]

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2009 at 03:18 PM

Gnukid... your a tonic for an old man.. thanks for the sprit and all the rest.. feeling better :):)

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2009 at 03:26 PM

way off topic, but a while back was watching "Cops" yeah, I know ... but, they were using technology that allowed them to "photograph the license plate, send the signal to the main frame and verify the ownership of the vehicle and determine if it was stolen". Now hear is the big deal.. they were moving.. they were checking: both sides of the streets on parked cars, and they were also able to "read and check on coming traffic and cars which were behind them.. all at a speed of 35 miles per hour. When they hit a stolen vehicle.. they got a sound... it was very impressive, yet very scary at the same time. The guys were all ex-military, and using very high tech military hardware and software.. and that was at the City level, and they were tied into the State database, which is tied into.... ahhhhhhh gee let me think..

Who was that guy that posted, please don't pave that road... well, he's got it right...

[Edited on 12-15-2009 by wessongroup]

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2009 at 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck

So fun to act silly! Well that's Fishbuck, I try to explain this in words you can understand, I am leaving to climb the nearby mesa and hit the natural hot springs with my posse of mexicanas and fushbuk you are not invited. We are open to thoughtful discussion and your insult without respect is unwelcome, although opposing views are.

By the way, even the most distant Ranchers I meet in Baja know about the world around them, they know about all this, they can explain clearly the interconnected policies of the Vatican and how they affect the world and its populations, they understand about farming, seeds, manufacturing and the truth about climate change and war and taxes, but interestingly the so called educated American loves his arrogance and would rather hold that old crown high than admit that he is is lost and confused under attack on everything from language to thought and freedom from an enemy so devious and evil and so close at hand.
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

thumbup.gif posted on 12-15-2009 at 04:30 PM

Gnukid! Go easy on Howard. He's one of the good guys! Although he is partially in the school of denial (through no fault of his own), he is a thinking, observant person whose access to accurate information has been manipulated by the corporate media. Couple that with all the official disinformation and denial by politicians who are influenced...make that "bought" by the corporate lobbies. There is no more glaring example than that of The Independent Party of Joe.

It is difficult to discern all of the working parts of the way the system works and not label them "conspiracies". Some are probably not, but if one is observant and reads from many different sources, he will connect current trends, trace them back into history, and cobble them together.

Anyway, you are prying folks out of their comfort zone. People don't like that. It is....well...damned uncomfortable! As I have suggested through the years that sometimes your style is a bit off-putish. Perhaps it is a bit too intense and verbose for most (including me, at times) to enable us to assimilate the message.

Having said that, keep it coming. You are a vital contributor here.

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

lol.gif posted on 12-15-2009 at 04:37 PM
I want a tin foil hat too!

Maybe it could say "Got Baja?" on it. :tumble:;):cool:

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 12-15-2009 at 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck

So fun to act silly! Well that's Fishbuck, I try to explain this in words you can understand, I am leaving to climb the nearby mesa and hit the natural hot springs with my posse of mexicanas and fushbuk you are not invited. We are open to thoughtful discussion and your insult without respect is unwelcome, although opposing views are.

By the way, even the most distant Ranchers I meet in Baja know about the world around them, they know about all this, they can explain clearly the interconnected policies of the Vatican and how they affect the world and its populations, they understand about farming, seeds, manufacturing and the truth about climate change and war and taxes, but interestingly the so called educated American loves his arrogance and would rather hold that old crown high than admit that he is is lost and confused under attack on everything from language to thought and freedom from an enemy so devious and evil and so close at hand.

Oops! I thought I was being funny not insulting. But I honestly don't know where you come up with all that cr@p.
Some might be true even. But who cares. I mean how does it affect your life on a daily basis.
Lighten up a little.
Let's see, I'm at work building the most powerful airlift aircraft ever built. Today my company flew the most efficient plane ever built. The 787.
I anticipate my stock to skyrocket tomorrow.
I can go on the internet and make a date with any number of beautiful latinas.
And I'm not making dates with them to talk either.;D
Funny I don't feel under attack at all.
:cool:

[Edited on 12-16-2009 by fishbuck]

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2009 at 04:55 PM

All you guys should quit talking and start listening. I bet you'll have more fun.
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2009 at 05:03 PM

#2 poster ever, ((in a very short period of time, mover over David) please give us a little room. We like to post as well.
 Pages:  1  2    4    6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.