Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: san felipe south campos
Donjulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2010 at 09:27 AM

Arrowhead - They will still take you, put you in a cell for a night, a weekend a week or whatever. It recently happened here. They will jail first and then figure it out latter. We see it in San Felipe all the time unfortunately. Course it might be different for him in the south campos. They are dealing with Ensenada.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-13-2010 at 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wilderone
I love my $125 tent and free camping. Same sunsets.

DITTO!!!!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Sur2baja
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2010 at 09:30 AM

The issues in the South Campos are the exception and not the rule, however they are becoming more prevalent and serious. Our Campo (Nuevo Mazatlan) has'nt experienced any of the issues described and the owner and tenants have a very good relationship (ask David K!!!). With that said the advice that was given to us 38 years ago still stands today. Do your homework, get title insurance and be prepared to walk away if something turns brown. Ed and Paula in La Perlita were some of the most dedicated fulltimers I've ever met but they finally said enough is enough and moved to the west coast. Something to think about.
I read comments about greed on the Americans part but I that is not the root of the problem. IMHO the issue is you have a few uneducated (in the business sense) property owners who want more and more money but they don't understand the basic supply and demand side of the business. Yes, they are getting more money in the north but they also have many more services and it is quicker to get to from the states. When the Americans balk at the rate increases, it has to do with the lack of services for such a basic piece of property. With that said, we moved to the south campos many moons ago because we didn't want to see the power lines, seer lines, roads, traffic, people, etc. I'm sure many of you feel the same (my perception only!) I don't mind paying the increase in rent when I see the money actually put to good use. Again, in our case it is. Enough rambling. lol
Donjulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2010 at 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBros
Which are the good campos and which are the bad? I have a friend with a home south of SF and I would love to know more details. Thanks.

Campos Ocotillo!
6 miles north of town. It’s been around for 15 years or so…and no problems to say. Recently Salvador “retired” only to have his college educated daughter take over. The Campos got better! We were among the first to get power and piped in water. Rent is cheap. ….but we did a few things in case our lease isn’t renewed. A house was built that we can afford to lose and we bought (own) land across the highway in the Edido should we have to move….. we don’t expect that to happen. But it may happen!

I suggest that if you are to lease and build ……rent a house in a Campos that you are interested in, for a year or so. See how it operates. Then lease in and build. No matter how careful you are in the process….there WILL be surprises (good and bad)!

We look at the South Beach area time to time for the hell of it…..and think that the operations down there are overpriced, over regulated, and “just ain’t Baja”!

For a good lesson on “how to lose your shirt”……read into the history of Puertecitos.

That's just my opinion.....

I am sorry but this is why there continues to be problems with real estate in Mexico. The backup for the leased land is Ejido land.
Bajajorge
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2010 at 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Donjulio
I am right here. Unfortunately its more fun for people to speculate about what is happening instead of listening to what is really happening. I have mentioned it several times before. What is happening here in San Felipe and south is not pretty but people just want to argue. It really isn't worth my time to get involved anymore.

People just want to argue?:o:?: You should go on the El Dorado site if you want to see argue.:lol::P:tumble:
El Comadante Loco
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2010 at 10:36 AM
Campo San Antonio K43

Thanks for the input and I understand that there may be consequences however there has come a time where we must speak openly and with the truth. I did ponder the decision to post the names of the two drug addicted sons and decided it was time. What I have posted regarding these two characters can be sustained with photographs, police reports, eye witness reports, including family confirmation of their activities.
I strongly think that we must share our experiences and to name names for others to decide where and with whom to get involved with.
The good news is that they have been absent for the past two months after they were questioned by police about breaking into a trailer.. Rumors are is that have voluntarily checked themselves into a drug rehab program.. Unfortunately, this is not new as they usually check themselves in when things get to hot for them. I hope one of these days the rehab will stick..
Donjulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2010 at 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajorge
Quote:
Originally posted by Donjulio
I am right here. Unfortunately its more fun for people to speculate about what is happening instead of listening to what is really happening. I have mentioned it several times before. What is happening here in San Felipe and south is not pretty but people just want to argue. It really isn't worth my time to get involved anymore.

People just want to argue?:o:?: You should go on the El Dorado site if you want to see argue.:lol::P:tumble:

Yeah lots of that going on. But can't blame some of them either. They were promised a lot. They got some of it but not near the promises. Pat did the same thing that pretty much everyone did. Spent money speculating property instead of putting it back into the development. Granted he put millions in but still...everyone borrowed (not robbed) from Peter to pay Paul. Now Peter showed up and nobody can pay him back.
El Camote
Senior Nomad

Mood: y Blues

[*] posted on 1-13-2010 at 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajorge

Jorge,
Which El Dorado site? Do you have the URL?

Knowledge is good. - Emil Faber
Donjulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2010 at 11:53 AM

I only know of two developments in all of San Felipe that are currently selling that are not/have not been involved in lawsuits. Two - out of all of them. And there are many more coming. Now is definitely time for buyer beware. And I have to tell you, the laws regarding foreigners owning property are so new, that not only are they not enforcing them but a good majority of the attorneys and Notarios don't completely understand them.

They have 20 year old girls doing fidiecomisos in some places. They have not been trained or gone to law school or studied real estate law. Let me give you an analogy of how real estate works here. If you ever watched a crew build a house down here, you have seen many times when they would build the wall then knock part of it down to put something in. Or they just build it and figure out will do it this way and then fix it later but lets get it done.

I can tell you one question that is out there to the attorneys right now. It is a question that was put to the attorneys and notarios back in November. Nobody seems to know the answer and I will tell you the question as I explain the scenario.

F4 (final permits) are required here in order to issue title or fidiecomiso (unless its a condo regime and thats a different story). In order to get the F4 the infrastructure that a developer is supposed to complete is supposed to be put in or the developer is supposed to post a bond in order to complete the infrastructure and amenities. The developer has two years to complete the requirements for the F4 after it is issued.

There is a development here that has had the F4 issued and that has issued Fidi's. BUT the developer has not completed the required infrastructure and amenities required by the F4 for the development and it is long past due. The question raised by the attorneys is:

Are the fidiecomisos that have been issued legal or not?

Because the developer defaulted on the requirements for the F4 this is in question.

Nobody knows the answer. I guess it will come and then what happens if they aren't? Re-apply, pay again? There are so many unanswered questions and issues. Unfortunately anyone can sell real estate here and most don't care about issues like this.

There are so many inconsistencies. There is another thread talking about permits and buying property. "Supposedly" you HAVE to have an FM3 or Mexican Corp (foreigners) to buy property. But you can see in that thread all kinds of stories of people that bought without. So what happens later on when that comes up? We won't know until it does. But it will. Will those fidi's be invalid?

I know someone right now that owns a million dollar beachfront house and title is held in a Mexican Corp. He lives in the house. Supposedly that requires a fidi. Corporations owning property are supposed to be commercial use and not residential. BUT a notario told him different. Whos right?

There are condos for sale here that have a 90 year lease. The guy put the condos in his corporation and then sells them with a 10 year lease renewable 9 times. A lease is only good for 10 years and then it is null and void. So is anything that is written in it. Not only that but the property is built in the Federal Zone and has a 15 year Federal Concession. What happens if the concession doesnt get renewed?

With campos and leases, as a lot of the original owners die and pass the campos on to their families these issues are going to come up. It may be great today but when there are 5 kids that own it and they arent interested in splitting a little rent 5 ways, it becomes a different story. You have zero guarantees.

Contrary to what some people want to believe there IS a certain person buying up the campos and the Mexican people know this. This buyer doent want to buy properties where they have to deal with tenants. The road going down to Gonzaga is not being put in to make getting to the best fishing spots easier.

There are two guys that opened an office here over a year ago. They represent certain parties in Mexico and they are buying campos and they are also heavily negotiating. They don't advertise who they work for but if you ask them they don't deny it either.

If you talk to some of the owners of the larger parcels south they will tell you they have submitted development and subdivision plans to Ensenada and have been turned down and told they werent approving anymore subdivisions south.

What does that do? Drives the prices of the campos down. I bet when the company that is buying them gets all of the property they want or need that all of a sudden the city will decide it is time to develop again.

I am slowly but surely getting out of the real estate business completely here in Mexico and will not get involved again. I have a few loose ends that have to be tied up.

I came down to Mexico with a lot of the hopes and dreams that everyone else did. The difference is that I am 49 and I still have to work for a living. I came down here specifically to do real estate and have done it for 10 years both here and on the mainland. I was a licensed real estate agent in two states in the US, not someone who just came down and decided to take up a new career.

The economy is making a lot of people do a lot of crazy things. San Felipe was built on equity. That just isnt here anymore. People are hurting. There are still a lot of people down here who have dirt floors and no water and electric. Unemployment is really high. Desperate people do desperate things.

I will tell you this. If you want to really know what is going on you cannot rely on gringos for your answers. You have to get to KNOW the Mexican people. Lots of retirees sit around here at the local pizza place in the afternoons drinking their margaritas and telling stories about so and so said this and did this and I heard that yada yada yada. Rumors are rampant cause people get bored.

Ask the Mexicans whats happening. But if you want them to answer you honestly they have to trust you. That doesnt always happen easily.

[Edited on 1-13-2010 by Donjulio]
arrowhead
Banned

[*] posted on 1-13-2010 at 12:49 PM

So then, to paraphrase a board maven, "the problem with Mexico is Mexico."

No soy por ni contra apatía.
Sur2baja
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2010 at 01:35 PM

Nice perspective so are you trying to tell me my grandkids someday will be spending spring break at the "South San Felipe KM 32 Golf Resort and Pool Bar" and be telling stories of when grandpa used to have a house where the ninth hole is?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-13-2010 at 04:54 PM

From what DonJulio is saying, nothing much good comes with the pavemnet of Hwy. 5 to Laguna Chapala.

Mama Espinoza upon seeing pavement arrive in El Rosario in 1973: Bad roads bring good people... Good roads bring ALL kinds of people... or to be not so PC: Good roads bring BAD people!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2010 at 05:42 PM

I know this has been an ongoing problem for many years,

well anyway , I am heading to San Felipe in the morning for 4 days, I dont own anything there,, but wouldnt mind renting, we have friends in Eldorado ranch,, they have been there a long time and love it,, guess a few years ago they was able to take title on the property,, they are very happy
Donjulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2010 at 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl
I know this has been an ongoing problem for many years,

well anyway , I am heading to San Felipe in the morning for 4 days, I dont own anything there,, but wouldnt mind renting, we have friends in Eldorado ranch,, they have been there a long time and love it,, guess a few years ago they was able to take title on the property,, they are very happy

Rents here are phenomenal right now. Find a house for sale and negotiate with the seller to rent it. There are lots of houses that have been on the market 1-2 years. Better for them to have someone in it than let it sit empty.
akshadow
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2010 at 06:03 PM
requirements for developments and sale

The great "they" were saying this fall that a well known campo north of San Felipe had been going to fo to sale of their lots instead of leases. The camp is an older established campo and most lots are leased.
The story was it was going to take $2 million us to put in all the required utilities, road sizes etc. It was going to take parts of many lots because the streets were not wide enough to accommodate fire trucks etc.
The point being, sales of lots in most campos is really not very feasable if they are going to follow the "rules"
Ejido property seems to have many problems that are ignored by most people who buy the property.

Ron San Felipe Oct, Nov. Feb. Mar. April. remainder in Juneau Ak
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2010 at 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
From what DonJulio is saying, nothing much good comes with the pavemnet of Hwy. 5 to Laguna Chapala.

Mama Espinoza upon seeing pavement arrive in El Rosario in 1973: Bad roads bring good people... Good roads bring ALL kinds of people... or to be not so PC: Good roads bring BAD people!

Or it could be that nothing good comes of people moving south to buy cheap thinking they will live the northern life. Most people I know that moved south only did so because it was a "good deal" and now they are whining, They should have stayed North with me.
Sur2baja
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2010 at 06:46 PM

I totally disagree. Most of us in the south campos don't want what is happening in the north. Our Poblado is about all the development we want to see. Living "off the grid" is what we like.
arrowhead
Banned

[*] posted on 1-13-2010 at 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by El Camote
Jorge,
Which El Dorado site? Do you have the URL?

I think he's talking about this website:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/eldoradoranch/

No soy por ni contra apatía.
BAnn

Mood: Sunny

[*] posted on 1-13-2010 at 07:30 PM

We did not move south just for a good deal! We moved south for the peace and the sea. There is not that many places on the beach in San Felipe any more. The campo we are in is very quite, except on holidays. But that is ok with us. The people that come down on holidays only get to spend a short time here. We get to stay as long as we want. So no complaints from us. So far our campo owners have been very friendly and fair to us. We are going to enjoy our lot as much as we can for as long as we can. We are in a better position then most we live in our fithwheel and can walk away easier then most. But I feel bad for the people who have houses down here. Its risky to put a lot of money into building. I for one would not put that much of a investment into any where in Mexico.
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2010 at 07:41 PM

So you have a lease and are ready to move out when it is up? Just like an apartment up here?

If so you are in the minority. Read this thread.
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.