BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Los Olivos in San Q closed for the season?
Marita-LosOlivos

[*] posted on 1-16-2010 at 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Debra
:light: Maybe Marita will share what she thought of the suggestion? Marita?

Umm...it's my parents place, but I think it would of been great if the guard had put up a sign that said he would be back soon.

We are open and we have had LOTS of RV's in the past few days. We are next door to Jardines Baja, hotel/restaurant. Come check us out.;D
oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-17-2010 at 09:34 AM

Thank you for responding Marita. We had a relaxing overnight stay on Wednesday. It's a relief to be able to pull up after a long days drive especially when you're towing or hauling a load and can't go exploring for campsites.

Immaculate bathrooms and extra hot showers !

In defense of the cuidadero at Los Olivos, on our previous trip we pulled up after dark when we shouldn't have been traveling anyway so they probably didn't expect anybody to come rolling in.

Thanks again for being there.
oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2010 at 11:31 AM
An update and changes at Los Olivos campground S.Q

An update on Los Olivos campground as of Feb 21, 10:

Last week there was a new caretaker at the campground (a nice man from Canada) who said that the park had been sold to a non-profit christian group. They plan to keep a few of the public campsites (for now, at least) and they will be expanding the park for larger groups of kids for religious camping retreats.

They have other plans for a small school onsite and pastor's offices etc.

It sounds like for now you will still be able to spend the night either dry camping or in one of the 4 or 5 full hook up sites but the future may be uncertain for we overnighters. Dang- If it goes away I'll miss this convenient spot and their wonderful clean , hot showers.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2010 at 11:34 AM

Viva Cielito Lindo! :saint::biggrin:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

irenemm
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 2-26-2010 at 03:12 PM

stop at the posada don diego. plenty of parking and if i do say so myself good restaurant. been here 40 years. off the hwy and night watchmen. oonly 1/2 mile off the hwy. restaurant open 7 days a week from 7 am until 9 pm.
stop and try us
free margarata with dinner

stop and visit us

http://www.posadadondiego.com
see us on facebook
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 2-26-2010 at 05:35 PM

Posada is a great place to eat or sleep. thanks to LarryC and Bajahowodd for the referal!!!

did i say good food?

edit: my son's girlfriend ordered the bbq chicken at 7:30am and it was delish!!!!! we thought we would be finished eating before she got her meal, but it was brought out with all the food. every time we've stopped we love the food!

[Edited on 2-27-2010 by woody in ob]

irenemm
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2010 at 05:01 PM

Well thank you Woody
If your around for St. Paddy's day stop and have some of the corned beef and cabbage.
Bet you did know I am Irish. Yup. Green beer and
Bailey's Irish cream flan.
thanks again for your nice comments
irene

stop and visit us

see us on facebook
BajaWarrior
Super Nomad

Mood: Anxious to get south

[*] posted on 2-28-2010 at 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oladulce
An update on Los Olivos campground as of Feb 21, 10:

Last week there was a new caretaker at the campground (a nice man from Canada) who said that the park had been sold to a non-profit christian group. They plan to keep a few of the public campsites (for now, at least) and they will be expanding the park for larger groups of kids for religious camping retreats.

They have other plans for a small school onsite and pastor's offices etc.

It sounds like for now you will still be able to spend the night either dry camping or in one of the 4 or 5 full hook up sites but the future may be uncertain for we overnighters. Dang- If it goes away I'll miss this convenient spot and their wonderful clean , hot showers.

Hi Oladulce,

You said you were hauling possesions in your earlier post, how did the importation process go? And at which border? Pay in pesos only?

Thanks, BW

[Edited on 2-28-2010 by BajaWarrior]

Haven't had a bad trip yet....
BigWooo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2010 at 08:49 AM

Hi Warrior,

I'm Oladulce's husband. We're in Ca just leaving out the door to head back home. One of us will write you when we get there in a couple of days.
schwlind
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2010 at 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by irenemm
stop at the posada don diego. plenty of parking and if i do say so myself good restaurant. been here 40 years. off the hwy and night watchmen. oonly 1/2 mile off the hwy. restaurant open 7 days a week from 7 am until 9 pm.
stop and try us
free margarata with dinner

Hello Irene...

My husband Jerry and I first met you and your husband, Jose, a number of years ago, during one of our "must visits" to Posada Don Diego's restaurant. Every time we're in Baja, we always come out, often with many friends in tow. We have always enjoyed the food.... and your Sunday buffet is terrific!

I must admit though, we missed seeing you the last few times we'd paid a visit and thought you may have gone to the mainland.

We'll be back in May, and hope you'll be around. We'll definitely come by for your great food and say hello!

Linda

[Edited on 2-28-2010 by schwlind]
irenemm
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2010 at 01:38 PM

Linda,
Thanks you. I should be here all month in May. and will come over the restaurant anytime unless the desserts are in the oven have to finish them first.
Our sunday buffet is pretty good. As you know.
I spend many hours doing reservations and party, catering events.
No I wanted to go and try Ajiji but Jose would not go. His poker buddies are here so here we are. But the real reason the grandkids.
See you may.
thanks again

stop and visit us

see us on facebook
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.