BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Looking for CHEAP La Paz rentals
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

biggrin.gif posted on 1-25-2010 at 11:01 AM
Looking for CHEAP La Paz rentals

Hi everyone!!
Well as my mom might have already told you my boyfriend and I are going to be moving to La Paz very soon to go to school there, as all college students we are on an extremely tight budget, so if anyone knows of cheap rentals around the University area I would be much obliged if you could let me know. Or if anyone needs house sitting done =D!!!
We have a small dog, he's house trained but i'm not sure if there are any places that will accept dogs. Any information on apartments, would be great!!!
I will also be looking for a job there, Adrian already has one lined up, so if you know anyone that needs help with their buisness I'd be more than willing!!
Thanks so much before hand and I hope to see all the La Paz nomads very VERY soon!!!

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 1-25-2010 at 05:46 PM

Good luck kid! I'm sure you'll find something nice.

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2010 at 12:00 AM

La Paz's gain. Our best to you. Another journey begins.

Iflyfish and Mrsfish
aldosalato
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2010 at 05:11 AM

I have a 2 BR furnished house in El Progreso, 2 km from UABCS University. High wall and ample parking.
3,500 Pesos per month. Tel 612-1057349
http://bajasur.en.craigslist.com.mx/apa/1580162873.html
[Edited on 1-26-2010 by aldosalato]

[Edited on 1-26-2010 by aldosalato]

[Edited on 2-5-2010 by aldosalato]
LOSARIPES
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2010 at 03:38 PM

SiReNiTa.... look at www.losaripes.com
we can "talk"... (U2U)

Aripes
God bless America
and Baja tambien
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2010 at 09:03 AM

I have lived in various homes in the Bella Vista neighborhood which has small two bedroom homes close to UABCS usually renting for 3500-5000. It's close to the Soriana and the theater and school.

Depending on your school schedule, I found its really nice to be close to cut down the commute and traffic if you go often. I have many friends who are also students who found rentals in the el centro of Downtown in the range of $3500.

If not, you might like to be further away as prices do go down as you take the road to Cabo but that area is quite a long way from the waterfront, el centro Malecon, and the playas, which has its draw as well.

I also understand there are vacancys in Fidepaz!

Have fun!
Heather
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2010 at 09:59 AM

Sirena, are you planning to go to UABCS in La Paz? I hope you have better luck than my step-son. He started there 3 years ago, and then the teacher's went on strike for a few weeks. He was out of school more weeks then he was in, so left after the first semester. He's at a private university in Los Cabos now. When he was in La Paz he found a place not too far from the university for about 3000 a month.

Good Luck!

Maybe we'll see you and your folks in Cabo, now! Saludos, Heather
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 1-27-2010 at 05:43 PM

Thanks everyone for all the info and advice! I sure am excited, and heather yes I am planning on going to school there, I have a few friends that have graduated from UABCS in La Paz and even thought they had an irregular schedule because of the strikes they did finish on time, just had the odd vacation here and there :rolleyes:
My plan is to take advanced placement classes and finish the 4 semesters of english that the degree requires so that will clear a bit off my plate early, also i plan to take a few extra courses and maybe even finish before my 4 years are up!! I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything goes as hoped and planned.
Once again thanks to everyone for the great advice and info and I will certainly look in to all the possibilities available! See you there Nomads!!!:biggrin:

Visit me at
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2010 at 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Heather
Sirena, are you planning to go to UABCS in La Paz? I hope you have better luck than my step-son. He started there 3 years ago, and then the teacher's went on strike for a few weeks. He was out of school more weeks then he was in, so left after the first semester. He's at a private university in Los Cabos now. When he was in La Paz he found a place not too far from the university for about 3000 a month.

Good Luck!

Well. That was certainly helpful, given the situation. I just hope Sirenita has a fruitful educational experience.
roamingthroughbaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2010 at 06:44 AM

We just got this email from a friend, maybe a little too pricey, but I thought I'd pass it along:

I told you I'd send you some info on two apts across the st. from me n Zaragoza in la paz. The whole top floor is one apt like a new York loft real cool view. The owner does not speak english so I told her I'd send this. The big top floor is 500 per month and is unfurnished..very high cielings, huge carpeted bedroom etc. Downstairs is a smaller two bedroom furnjished for 400 a month.they have parking.and are two blocks up from Applebees. Call me if you want to know any more or see them. Owner lives on bottom floor in this very old family mansion.

Sherry Lee
home #: 612-122-8450
CEL #: 612-1390098
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2010 at 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Quote:
Originally posted by Heather

Good Luck!

Well. That was certainly helpful, given the situation. I just hope Sirenita has a fruitful educational experience.

The problem with strikes at UABCS is severe and is systemic to serious management issues that won't go away. Practically on a daily basis one must determine if there is a strike or not which does put the schedule in a bad way-generally the students leave on holiday with no idea whats going on.

Basically on strike one must wait for a text from someone who knows that the strike is off, return to school with your completed work to sign off, group projects suffer etc... For those who do succeed there in serious work one must act like its independent study and simply continue on your own and hope to find the teacher to accept your complete work on a good day. Its frustrating but it doesn't mean you don't learn, in fact you learn to deal with bureaucracy!
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 1-28-2010 at 08:36 AM

Although we are aware of problems at this campus....it's not just about the school...but also living in La Paz where Sirena should be able to find part time work as well to compliment her studies.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 1-28-2010 at 09:29 AM

Thanks for the possibility roaming but yes it is a little bit over our budget :(
And what my mom says is true, also...I like to think of it as another challenge, I miss my homeschooling days so this might get my brain back to working the way it should instead of how teachers tell you all the time...:spingrin:
Also the work possibilities in La Paz will be great classes as to my career also, I always like to say things happen for a reason, nothing I have ever done has been in vain, even it if seems like a waste of time there are always lessons to be learned along the way!

Thanks again for all the help!!

SiReNiTa

Visit me at
KAT54
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2010 at 12:49 PM

I guess you are not a kid anymore since you are going to move in with your boyfriend.
Seems to me the aldo's place for 3500 pesos furnished is a bargin.
That is only $270 USA for a month.
And you need to buy no furniture.
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 2-4-2010 at 02:30 PM

Although I like to believe i'm still a kid at heart I guess it's time to assume the reality of the "grown up" world, but hey, that never stopped people from having fun!! We are hoping to find something cheaper at least to start from, once we both get steady jobs and are more secure about making payments and all that it will be easier to look in to accommodations. But, we are going to be pretty tight so we will look around until we find something. Thanks to everyone who has posted information, it's really helpful and is giving me a great idea of what to expect and what to look for and such once we get to La Paz, which will be this Saturday night hopefully.

Visit me at
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 2-4-2010 at 03:28 PM

Sirena

I think once you get here it would be better to check the paper there are many rentals.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
KAT54
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2010 at 04:02 PM

You mean there is a FURNISHED apartment near the campus
for less than $8.88usa a day?
I need to move to La Paz

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.