BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Unification of Loreto and Baja California Sur for the Protection of the DORADO
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 2-9-2010 at 09:28 AM
Unification of Loreto and Baja California Sur for the Protection of the DORADO

I've been a very busy grrrl lately. Several months ago a fellow nomad posted a link to an article in spanish regarding the initiative of removing the Dorado from its protected status as per Art. 68 of the Ley Federal de la Pesca where the following species are reserved for sport fishing permits within 50 NM of the Mexican coastline:

Dorado, Billfish, Roosterfish, Tarpon

We are responding to this and if you can read Spanish here is the start of our campaign to be heard.

http://www.bajabigfish.com/cartaconfirmas

later late tonight I will be posting my experiences from the last four weeks on this issue. we are collaborating with Los Cabos, La Paz and Guaymas on this as well as across the border to the USA via Robin Wade of Western Outdoor News.

also when the guy who owns loreto.com gets his stuff together it will also be accessable here loreto.com/cartaconfirmas

I will include ways in which non Mexicans can support us in my report. We will need your support and once united we'll will be unstoppable. This might be that 2010 revolution they refer to. But this time it will happen through peaceful communication with the law on our side, and science and with an educated and enlightened public.

Viva el Dorado
Viva Mexico

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-9-2010 at 09:31 AM

Keep up the good work Pam!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2010 at 10:59 AM

Thanks Pam.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2010 at 12:24 PM

Way to go! I know it's not a Dorado concern but we've had a lot of sardineros in our bay the last few weeks. Yesterday we had 12 including 2 camaroneros. They are all working the mouth of Conception. It's just sad how hard they are working this small area. Anyway, keep us posted and let us know your recommendation for donations and or help.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 2-9-2010 at 12:48 PM

go get em pam!....we'll back ya all the way!

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2010 at 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Way to go! I know it's not a Dorado concern but we've had a lot of sardineros in our bay the last few weeks. Yesterday we had 12 including 2 camaroneros. They are all working the mouth of Conception. It's just sad how hard they are working this small area. Anyway, keep us posted and let us know your recommendation for donations and or help.

we wil tackle this issue and we are aware of it
the sardines are likely being hauled out in support of the aquaculture trend that conapesca loves so much
as far as I can tell, conapesca supports the most illogical of things, they are mismanaging a nation's fishery that has so much potential for a hopeful future for its people
they are only looking out for them$elve$ and will wipe out these resources in short order if we do nothing
they do not know what they are up against now but they will find out
first thing we're doing is sending this to DF (I just added more signature pages and fancy images now)
next thing we are unionizing legally here in Loreto
then we will send our reps to the Mulege area and get your guys united with us
we wil then be able to have a huge impact on future policy and enforcement because we are uniting and putting them in the spotlight
they will be held accountable for their actions
this is only the beginning

i gotta run
elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2010 at 02:38 PM

Quote:
I will include ways in which non Mexicans can support us in my report. We will need your support and once united we'll will be unstoppable. This might be that 2010 revolution they refer to. But this time it will happen through peaceful communication with the law on our side, and science and with an educated and enlightened public.

Viva el Dorado
Viva Mexico

Great job...I look forward to finding out what the rest of us can do to help.
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2010 at 06:03 PM

Hola, i am a firm believer in supporting this movement but i read on another thread recently on this website, that non-mexicans participating in politcal issues could get booted out of the country.

if that is true, perhaps it would be better to support this issue monetarily and on websites may skirt that issue.

don't want any leather up my buttocks.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
djh
Senior Nomad

Mood: Mellow fellow, plays a yellow cello...

[*] posted on 2-9-2010 at 06:17 PM
Me too, neighbor

I'll do my little part to help, Pam.
I have not fished since flyfishing in MT. in the late 70's...
But I love the beautiful Sea of Cortez, and I want to help keep it a healthy functioning aquatic ecosystem for ALL.
Let us all know when and how we can pitch in a little $ to help.

Hell hath no fury like a flyfishing woman scorned !

djh

Its all just stuff and some numbers.
A day spent sailing isn\'t deducted from one\'s life.
Peace, Love, and Music
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2010 at 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Hola, i am a firm believer in supporting this movement but i read on another thread recently on this website, that non-mexicans participating in politcal issues could get booted out of the country.

if that is true, perhaps it would be better to support this issue monetarily and on websites may skirt that issue.

don't want any leather up my buttocks.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

You could donate to the following:

http://www.ecoalianzaloreto.org/
http://seawatch.org/en
http://www.billfish.org

I've attended several local meetings on Marine Park rules, development planning, water use and things like that that could be considered political. I don't worry about it, as long as I stick to issues and don't make links to specific political leaders, political parties or elections and act in a polite and respectful manner. (Save the ranting and temper tantums for Baja Nomad):biggrin:

Even as non-citizens we do have interests, and how Mexico responds to those interests may be of importance to them as well as us.

And, hey, we are Americans. Citizens of the good ol' USA. We have certain traditions, and keeping our mouths shut in fear of a government is not suposed to be one of them, right? :biggrin:

[Edited on 2-10-2010 by Don Alley]
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2010 at 06:39 PM

Hola pam, would this be shark norma or NOM029 or a provision thereof that was passed around 2007 that all the outfitters, sportfishing related industries and hotels are fighting throughout baja and hopefully mainland mexico, which allowed indiscriminate commercial fishing and more specifically, longlines within the 50 mile ban against such?

myself and the people i know in baja which includes the short and long range boats out of southern california that fish in mexican waters were extremely outraged when it was first initiated. JUST UNIMAGINEABLE !!!!

whatever you post here, i will further through emails to friends and fishing websites to support this outrage.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2010 at 06:44 PM

Hola don, absolutely !!!!

BUT, we are at the mercy of a foreign government.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2010 at 07:25 AM

I had another very long day yesterday and in a few mins have to meet up with the cruise west ship to guide for them. in a nutshell the letter is its way to DF now, 10 different persons and agencies. i am still in process of writing my report of all this but i can't post until i get off work.

how can non Mexicans help?

donate to-

Eco Alianza de Loreto
SeaWatch in LaPaz
The Billfish Foundation

and always purchase your Mexican fishing license through FONMAR right in BCS
(never buy it paying at the back directly into CONAPESCA's account, or stateside through those travel clubs who buy them in CONAPESCA in TJ)

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 2-10-2010 at 08:12 AM

flyfishingPam, Thanks for the info. Good luck with your battle.
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2010 at 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by flyfishinPam

...and always purchase your Mexican fishing license through FONMAR right in BCS
(never buy it paying at the back directly into CONAPESCA's account, or stateside through those travel clubs who buy them in CONAPESCA in TJ)

Here's the FONMAR guy in Loreto. He's here at the docks early, every morning, about 6-7 AM, when the pangas depart.

The money you pay him stays in BCS.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 2-10-2010 at 11:57 AM

united we stand amiga...we're in! and will back you all the way and with your help will hopefully organize things on this side of the desert.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2010 at 04:33 PM

following up look here, it is after the current report

http://www.bajabigfish.com/conv_report.html

or the direct link is below

http://www.bajabigfish.com/conv_report.html#thedips

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-12-2010 at 09:35 AM
16 seiners

Pam, Fri. 2/12/10 This is what we cry about! There are 14 seiners working near the mouth of Bahia Concepcion this morning. Another 4 are just outside the mouth but out of the photos. And 2 more outside the islands heading in. Any fish feeding in the area are history!

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-12-2010 at 10:04 AM

Russ contact me through my website which is linked above. The contact page will give you an e-mail option and go from there. I will look for your e-mail. I can't just watch that chit from here I gotta help do something about that bullchit going on up there. I don't know many folks in Mulege but I hope no doubt these guys here do. Look, CONAPESCA is coming at us on all sides so we must do the same. Before it was impossible and now it is not.

wsdunc
Nomad

Mood: Upbeat

[*] posted on 2-12-2010 at 10:32 AM

Although the cause appears to be a good one, I normally shy away from things like this because I am uncertain about the real agenda. However with Nomad Pam leading the charge I believe that evrything is on the up and up and have just made my donation. Good luck Pam.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.