BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: This Puerto Vallarta deal looks good.
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2010 at 10:49 PM
This Puerto Vallarta deal looks good.

I found this in one of the ads right here on Baja Nomad. What do you think? Do you think it is on the up and up?
http://puertovallartavacations.us/reefinfo.asp
Gaucho
Nomad

Mood: Bohemia por favor...

[*] posted on 2-22-2010 at 10:53 PM

screamin deal!
Donjulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2010 at 11:24 PM

Its a timeshare. Have to take a 90 minute tour.
Packoderm
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2010 at 11:48 PM

Some people are pretty good at taking the time share tours without committing to anything. I did one in Cabo once. It was so high pressure that I felt like a coyote with it's leg caught in a bear-trap. I told them they can keep their damned boat ride and whatever else. I got up and just left. I'd be better prepared now.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 2-23-2010 at 07:52 AM

beach vendors at PV are relentless.
get out of town to where it takes a car or bus ride, north or south - or prepare for no peace on any beach in front of the many all inclusives.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2010 at 08:11 AM

I think it is bull

First off, the photos are of Cancun, yet they are advertising PV

Second, the phone number does not match any numbers from the official web site, which doesnt really mean anything because it could be a 3rd party marketing firm

I have been to the Villa Del Palmar resort several times, near Bucareus, Yes David K I know it is misspelled it, and they are really nice resorts.
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 2-23-2010 at 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Donjulio

AND MUST BE GAINFULLY EMPLOYED which leaves out us retirees:fire::fire:

Bob Durrell
Donjulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2010 at 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
I think it is bull

Second, the phone number does not match any numbers from the official web site, which doesnt really mean anything because it could be a 3rd party marketing firm

I have been to the Villa Del Palmar resort several times, near Bucareus, Yes David K I know it is misspelled it, and they are really nice resorts.

Yeah it is an offsite tour marketing company contracted to provide tours. Still not a bad deal.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-23-2010 at 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
I think it is bull

HUH? :lol:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

El Camote
Senior Nomad

Mood: y Blues

[*] posted on 2-23-2010 at 09:58 AM

"Unlimited alcoholic & non-alcoholic drinks, domestic brands, 11am - 11pm"

OK. Here's where you turn the deal around in your favor. :yes::barf:

Knowledge is good. - Emil Faber
arrowhead
Banned

[*] posted on 2-23-2010 at 09:59 AM

Quote:

Which is actually 3 hours. :rolleyes:

No soy por ni contra apatía.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 2-23-2010 at 10:18 AM

hell for a week of booze and food arond the pool for that price I would have no problema enduring a 3 hour torture talk...so is the only today price over now?

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-23-2010 at 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by arrowhead
Quote:

Which is actually 3 hours. :rolleyes:

You've got that right! And, it can be a nasty experience with high pressure tactics employed.

That said, although the package appears to be through a third party marketing firm, the resort itself is part of the Villa Group, yes, the one's developing just outside Loreto.
jodiego
Nomad

Mood: ever hopeful

[*] posted on 3-4-2010 at 02:51 PM

Hey, it's got to be on the level. It's got that 100% satisfaction guaranteed seal on the web site,:lol::lol::lol:
noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2010 at 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Packoderm
I found this in one of the ads right here on Baja Nomad. What do you think? Do you think it is on the up and up?

If you want to sit thru the 90 minute presentation listed in their terms.

To see terms and conditions of this offer click here.

"Congratulations! In appreciation of your acceptance to attend a 90 minute promotional tour of the resort sometime during your stay, the Villa Del Palmar Resort has extended this special ONE TIME ONLY promotional vacation package to you allowing you to save up to 75% off the retail price!"

[Edited on 3-4-2010 by noproblemo2]

rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2010 at 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by noproblemo2
Quote:
Originally posted by Packoderm

If you want to sit thru the 90 minute presentation listed in their terms.

To see terms and conditions of this offer click here.

"Congratulations! In appreciation of your acceptance to attend a 90 minute promotional tour of the resort sometime during your stay, the Villa Del Palmar Resort has extended this special ONE TIME ONLY promotional vacation package to you allowing you to save up to 75% off the retail price!"

[Edited on 3-4-2010 by noproblemo2]

well, at least you got a response. I never heard from them after I send an email to the 'contact us' address. guess they wanted one to respond to a high pressure live agent?

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 3-4-2010 at 03:55 PM

no response...look at the bottom of the page
"terms"
http://puertovallartavacations.us/terms_conditions.asp

i think its a pretty good deal

free food
nice place
free BOOZE
shows
WOW

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2010 at 04:27 PM

I'll believe it when someone actually goes and reports back...promises promises

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 3-4-2010 at 05:48 PM
I did one of those 'condo sales' presentations...

...about 15 years ago...

My son and I were on a boat delivery (65 ft cat), and we were 'stalled' in PV for a week for engine repairs before proceeding over the deep blue to the Hawaiian Isles...

By coincidence we stayed at the Villa Del Palmar - the boatyard got us a deal for a one bedroom for $40/nite! Nice place!

We ran into a gringo down town that told us he'd get a small commission if we went for a condo sales pitch at a big resort out near the airport - we'd also then qualify for a free 24 hour rental of a Jeep - sounded like a fun way to tour around the area...

We went to the resort the next day, we were greeted by a pleasant gringo expat that opened his pitch with, "Even if you don't buy from us today, there's no hard feelings...and the free rental will bey ours to enjoy"...we had to 'qualify' by showing them a current credit card...

They gave us a great brunch, toured the grounds and then up into the condos, showing several different plans, etc...this took at least 1-1/2 hrs, and we were ready to get out of 'Dodge'...!

The tour ended in the hard sell lobby at a table where the pitch was eloquently presented from several angles, as it became clear that I wasn't projecting my 'buying' mood, things began to unravel...

The guy kept going at me, he wouldn't take 'no' for an answer - and things began to get rather nasty as he accused me of taking advantage of his 'hospitality'...yeah, right!

With his 'attitude' becoming worse, I got up and began to walk out, advising I'd relay our experience to every vacationer I ran into over the next week! He backed down to some degree, and finally gave us the rental 'certificate'...

I'll NEVER do one of those con job, condo sales pitch junkets again - NEVER - what an entire waste of several hours out of my life - I should have known better - there's really no such thing as a 'free lunch' - especially when condo salesmen are involved!

The 'fun' didn't stop, as we went to the 'rental agency' for the 'free' jeep, down some alley just north of town...they had two 'jeeps' - one junk, and the other junkier! We chose the one that had some 'tread' between the bald spots on the tires! The brakes 'almost' worked, and it ran quite well with the choke pulled out about half way!

Picking up a couple of our crew mates, the four of us were off on our adventure...we went way out to Punta Mita, and along a short jungle trail to a place called Paradise Beach a few miles back from Punta Mita...This was the greatest place we found - a family had build a big palapa restaurant right on this beach with soft, bleached white coral beach sand - cervezas all around - it was special...

[Years later on another trip to PV, my wife and I went out to Paradise Beach and found all traces of the family's palapa were completely gone and it looked as if it had never been there - curious - we still enjoyed the beach for a couple of hours, though!]

Back in the Jeep, we bumped our way back through town, and headed south to Mismaloya and up a dirt road to a small palapa bar where Gov. Arnold filmed some of the scenes for the movie "Predator" - the old wreckage of a Huey copter was there still rotting away in the jungle - an old Lion was in an enclosure nearby, and several monkeys on leashes made pests of themselves as we enjoyed some drinks and snacks!

It had rained on us in our open-air Jeep, and the humidity was thick - did I mention it was the middle of JULY! We all took a plunge in the river that ran next to the palapa bar - there was a great rope swing we all took a crack at with some of the local kids - out over the water - later we recognized the spot as being in the movie - great fun was had by all, and we made it back to town without doing any real damage to our Jeep or ourselves...

Mexico again was the provider of some great adventures and fun times...:coolup:

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.