BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Sunday's Fiesta at JR's and meeting BajaCactus & Jesse was Great!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-14-2004 at 12:10 AM
Photo Web Page Finished!

Here's more photos from my digital camera and in a web page so everyone can view them without file size problems as the ones above are for some folks...
http://community-2.webtv.net/matomi2004/bajacactus

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2004 at 05:33 AM
Neal Johns!

Neal: The Photo of you reminds me of a "Midget Twigget" i flew with on a PBY6A Catalina out of North Island in August of 1953.
Also remember standing in line at "Painless Nells" Tattoo shop in downtown San diego with a Sailor that sure looks like you. Did you get a Tattoo?

And if so Where?

Skeet/Loreto

"In God I Trust"
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2004 at 07:50 AM
I.B.Travelin

Thank you!
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 7-14-2004 at 11:47 AM

Skeet, I was a Twidget, but no tattoo. When I do get one it will be a rabbit running down a hole. :lol:

I woke up this morning, and my gosh, look what happened (a trip to Baja would fix this)::

Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2004 at 12:08 PM
Still Smilin!

You still look like a sailor, just no uniform!
Must be the Baja air, hope it does the same for me!!

El Vikingo:lol:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 7-14-2004 at 06:12 PM

Neal, you sexy dog! No wonder you have 'Wives in waiting'!!!:lol::O:light:;)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

jeans
Super Nomad

Mood: Encantada

[*] posted on 7-14-2004 at 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Jeans was perhaps the first to invite 'strangers' to meet and have pizza before a Discover Baja slide show.

And no one was more "strange" than you & Neal Johns. That was February of 2000?

I don't think this would surprise anyone, but the only answer I got to my very first post in the spring of '98 was....Neal! He didn't answer my question but he tried to recruit me for a Desert Explorers trip. I think he surfs the web cruising for women to add to his waiting list.:lol::lol:
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2004 at 09:02 AM

OK, you guys and gals, quit picking on a harmless old Baja guy who is too shy to stand up for himself! :rolleyes:

Otherwise.......I will have to sic Marian on you!:o

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2004 at 09:05 AM
HUBBA, HUBBA!

Why Neal, you lucky dog,

musta been the sailor suit......

el vikingo
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2004 at 09:18 AM

Hubba Hubba?
We are getting old, Capt.!
No one else will remember that expression.:lol:

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2004 at 10:36 AM
OLD!

Neal,

I'm just a meer 59 year old baby boy....
Sharkey and Skeet will remember, in fact I think they coined it!!!!

el vikingo
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2004 at 01:51 PM

Hi everybody, yes it was a great day down at JR's pad, i am very glad i meet each and everyone of you, and the food was outstanding!!!! Cactus was a great organizer and like i said before, the food his brother in law was great, even my girlfriend had to tell me to stop eating so much, it was that good. JR is a great host too and i am so jealous of his great ocean view, he had cool photos of Baja for us to see and his Bamboo art looks like something he will make money out of furnishing the homes of the big cats down south. David is a great guy, the kind of guy you can debate something with without loosing your head, sure would like to tag along to see Baja with him one day. Bernie was warm and you could tell when a man is wise when he says little and expresses a lot, i am looking forward to reading your books soon ( Your sticker is already in the bumper of my car, thanks!). Doug brought his family and i was very happy to see that he has a great family, we where specially impressed by the love his family has for one another, and my girlfiend tought his little kid was simply adorable, your doing a great job Doug, keep it up!!!

As for everyone else, i guess we had a genuine Baja family picnic, complete with food, beer, dogs, ocean view, good friends, family, sandals, great stories, and great weather.

Can't get much better than that, god bless you all.

Jesse

Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2004 at 01:55 PM
WISH WE HAD BEEN THERE

Perhaps the next time

el vikingo y deborah
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 7-15-2004 at 07:44 PM
We all did...

We all had a great time Jesse, and I agree completely with everything you say...

As we talked it over at our reunion, we will have a big one soon..... I am looking forward to it....

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 7-16-2004 at 10:31 AM
My Impressions of the Fiesta

This party was just like so many others that I have attended over the years in Baja. Great food, good people, and just a touch of booze. I have waited to post this so that I could try and place my finger on what made this so very different. I believe that I have isolated that single factor that made it such a different event.
It was the fact that a few people, mainly Baja Cactus, David K, and JR who got together with a few like minded people. People of two different cultures AND looked each other right in the eye and discussed things of mutual interest and were able to SEE & FEEL what the other person was believing (could have said thinking but believing IS the real word).
That said, I am so proud that I was included in the group of caring people. I feel so strongly that this was just a seed that hit a moist spot in the minds of a few and that this seed will grow into something far larger. BUT! I doubt that this will happen without much loving care by the original participants of this group.
Hey! I just had to throw this into the mix---Baja is People Helping People!

Antonio,
You are quite a man who has a very good vision of what he wants to do in life. This was your idea and I salute you for it. I hope to be able to call you, more than, a friend as you expand your horizons. I know that you and your gracious wife will have a fine child and that you dad will be a wonderful grandfather just as he has been a father to you. How else could you have become the open and friendly person that you are.

Profesor?s Antonio and Miguel---Antonio?s father, his friend Miguel and I talked and talked and learned a lot about each other and I hope to meet them both again.
To give you an idea as to how our conversations went. Neither of us could speak the others language with any great degree of sureness. Sometimes Antonio would call for his sons assistance and then I would call on David K (surprised at how well he hablas) to make a point. But talk we did. Miguel is a history profesor and history is my main hobby so I learned a lot.
Anyway, As we parted Antonio the Senior apologized for his poor spoken English, I laughed and said, ?why, I don?t apologize for my poor Spanish, besides we have been doing a pretty good job of communicating from the heart.? At this I touched his heart and mine. --AND YOU BET COMMUNICATE WE DID.

Jessie
I've been waiting and thinking about you and the impression you made on me at the fiesta. No, it was not the lovely lady you were with! You surprised me as I told you then. After joisting with you here about PAN-vs-PRI and PRD and your comments about the government across the border I had a very strong image of a man who had been around for a good while. A guy in his late forties. What a surprise to meet a young buffed out guy who stood so tall and straight. What a delight to meet you. As I told you then we can still argue, and I look forward to it, but I gotta say I was very happy to find a young Mexican guy was so angry with the "BS" that is going on by most of the politicians on both sides of the border. Happy because for far too long guys just like you have ignored them for way to long. Let's hope that your generation will honestly run the country one day without becoming dinosaurs yourselves. That, I believe, is the key to unlocking the true future of Mexico.

Viva El Grito!!

Maestro Hector,
What a cook you are and to think you used to be a cop too. It was obvious that he loved what he was doing and he got a twinkle in his eye as he watched us consume everything he served. JR's pictures will tell you that we consumed a ton?all much more than good because it was seasoned with friendship.

Viva los Estados Unidos!!

Viva Mexico!!

Thanks to everyone for making this such a special day I my life.

Okay, David. YES! Viva Baja

[Edited on 7-16-2004 by Baja Bernie]

[Edited on 7-16-2004 by Baja Bernie]

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Me No
Banned

[*] posted on 7-16-2004 at 08:18 PM

Wow, that is fine looking grub at that cookout!:lol:

[Edited on 7-17-2004 by Me No]
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 7-17-2004 at 06:08 PM
Same here....

Bernie.... I think that what you described here was felt by everyone.

I remember that when you were about to leave, you told me that you could see the good vibes all around... that could look at them and even cut trough thet when walking around....

Well.... I think you were right.....

Thank you for your kind words my friend....:D

Antonio M.

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.