BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Trailer space needed for motorcycle transport CA - will pay partial gas
Murph

[*] posted on 3-17-2010 at 11:43 PM
Trailer space needed for motorcycle transport CA - will pay partial gas

Hello kind people of Baja:

I need transport for my motorcycle from Loreto back north into CA. It is in storage at a B&B near the centro, after its clutch died on a trip down last month. 

I'm seeking secure trailer or truck bed space to take it over the border to at least San Diego, or preferably north toward the SF bay area (final destination Oakland). I have contacts in Loreto to load the bike if needed.

I will contribute to gas costs in exchange for the transport space. I can't pay comm'l freight or full gas as this little escapade has been quite expensive already. I'm not in an urgent hurry for the bike, but hoping this won't take all riding season! :D

I'm open to suggestions and leads, but will note that I've been on this task for 3 weeks now, have secured private and comm'l quotes, have had a few offers fall away for various reasons, and it seems my best bet is to hitch with someone already headed this direction.

In case you're interested in the magical, adventuous, funny story of our trip -- with pics -- they are here, hereand here .

Thanks in advance for any solid connection.

Kendall

[Edited on 3-19-2010 by Murph]
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 3-18-2010 at 02:02 AM
Ride...

Kendall,

I will ask around with some of the truck drivers that often come from the south and stop at our BajaCactus Gas Station in El Rosario to see if any of them could help you out. I will also talk with our friends and family in Santa Rosalia to see if anyone is coming north soon.

What I can personally offer is that, if you find anyone willing to bring it as far to El Rosario, I would be happy to take it all the way to San Diego.

Antonio Munoz
BajaCactus

[Edited on 3-18-2010 by BajaCactus]

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
Murph

[*] posted on 3-18-2010 at 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaCactus
I will ask around with some of the truck drivers that often come from the south and stop at our BajaCactus Gas Station in El Rosario
Antonio Munoz
BajaCactus

Hi Antonio, this is great and I'll keep in touch if I can find such an offer. Our group of 8 riders stayed at Baja Cactus on 2/25, on our way down -- room #4 was mine! Great place there, and the lobster burritos at Mama Espinosa's were a treat. Mmmmmmmmm. :yes:
Norm
Junior Nomad

Mood: GOOD!!!!!

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 07:18 AM
YOUR BIKE !!

WE are going home to the states at the end of april,We have a 26' enclosed trailer , would be happy you help you get the BIKE HOME!!
Let us know !!We live near sac ca !!
Murph

[*] posted on 3-19-2010 at 11:37 AM

U2U sent... (link on upper right of screen). Or please reply here if you have further information. I hope this can work out, Norm.

[Edited on 3-20-2010 by Murph]
Murph

[*] posted on 4-11-2010 at 12:17 PM
Documents required for returning vehicle to US?

The saga continues, but there's light at the tunnel's end. It appears that a deal with a trailer back to the US is in place, and will happen in early May. So, the bike and some misc. personal items will be brought across the border by my new friends who I've not yet met, but who have been very communicative about their plans and contacts. Thank you Sue & Norm!

I am now working to:

- have any necessary documents in place for the border crossing. I'll include registration, US insurance card, signed letter giving permission for transport. Anything else I might need?

- confirm a pick-up location for the bike, on the highway nearby to Loreto (their rig won't travel well in town due to its length). Need suggestion for a good landmark with pull-out for a 'big rig' sized truck/trailer combo.

- find a mechanic nearby Loreto to certify in writing that the bike is broken (this for possible insurance claim). I'm happy to pay a small fee for this service, by wire transfer. Referrals?

Thanks for any guidance!
Kendall

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.