BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Beach Sailing at 30 knots
BajaGordon

[*] posted on 3-22-2010 at 02:15 PM
Beach Sailing at 30 knots

I want to invite you windsurfers and sailors to try beach sailing in Punta Banda. We have a world-class sailing beach (4+ Miles) and with a bit of practice you can be sailing down the beach in excess of 30 knots--quite a lot of fun, often with one wheel in the air. You have never felt more connected to the wind and beach. Current sailing conditions. Latest Sailing News
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2010 at 02:22 PM

BajaGordon - have you ever been to La Bocana ? At the end of the year we have BIG winds too - Aug - December !! Project # 2,000 will be to have kiteboarding :light: and windsurfing clubs :light: here too ! right now we have surfing, boogie boarding and biking :spingrin:

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2010 at 08:59 PM

Seems like every time this guy has a post it's advertizing something. I don't know why he has not been kicked out of here. Also, he does not respond to any questions, etc.
Bob H
BajaGordon

[*] posted on 4-8-2010 at 05:09 PM

Aug-dec is a quiet time in Ensenada. Are there any flat spots on which to set sail?

I have never accepted (or been offered) a penny for giving beach sailing rides...it is a sport waiting to take off--literally.

If there were more people enjoying the wind and the beach, there would be fewer grumpy folks out there!

Beach sailing, motorcycle thrills and safer than a bicycle.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2010 at 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGordon
I have never accepted (or been offered) a penny for giving beach sailing rides...it is a sport waiting to take off--literally.

I have a hard time believing this since all of your initial posts are advertising something - and it just can't be free.
Bob H
BajaGordon

[*] posted on 4-13-2010 at 08:09 AM
On hobbies

You know Bob, I have always been a bit thick when it comes to making money--but I have always been open and gracious in sharing my passions and projects.

For pure fun, sailing Kwikat is right up there with riding off-road motorcycles in Baja--which I loved. My last great ride bike was prerunning the entire Baja 2000 with five friends.

Keep in mind I designed and built Kwikat. My goal was to build the best beach sailer in the world.

In my world, charging a few bucks for a ride seems incidental compared to introducing a newbie to the delights of beach sailing--and especially Kwikat.

Can you think of another vehicle that drives (or sails) equally well on two or three wheels? It's like having a trike that transitions to a bike at speed. Sliding a sail-powered bike is really fun!

When Kwikat moves beyond a hobby to become a business, I will be delighted to charge you for a ride Bob.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.