BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: Pork Ribs - My Rib Photo's Added!!
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2010 at 07:43 AM
Pork Ribs - My Rib Photo's Added!!

I have always had difficulty finding decent bbq pork ribs every time I'm in Baja. Yesterday, I discovered a great way to make them using a great "fall of the bone" recipe. I would bring my own slabs down to Baja and then do this recipe on a nice sunny afternoon!

Here's a small 2-minute youtube video. You will need to pause it a few times to read the ingrediants, etc. These came out GREAT. I used St Louis Style ribs instead of babybacks, but this will work for either one.

I cooked them for a total of 2-1/2 hours in the oven before transferring them to the Weber BBQ. (Instead of just 2-hrs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjdZKk7JRyM

See images BELOW.... Yummy!
Bob

Just off the GRILL!

Close up - tender and ready to fall off the bone!

On the PLATE! Look at all that tender meat...

Bob H

[Edited on 4-17-2010 by Bob H]
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-5-2010 at 08:10 AM

Bob H...you are cordially invited to my home in Coyote Bay...very soon...mmm..very, very soon. In fact, if you can make it by this evening, we would appreciate it very much.

You DO have the ribs, right?

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-5-2010 at 08:16 AM

Saul's always sells killer pork ribs cheap.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
irenemm
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 4-5-2010 at 03:00 PM

If you ever want really good baby back ribs stop here at the Posada Don Diego. We have been serving them for about 15 years.
One of our best sellers. Our own sauce. give us a try sometime. I know you won't be dissapointed. a rack is 140.00 plus tax.

stop and visit us

http://www.posadadondiego.com
see us on facebook
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2010 at 04:06 PM

If you are in San Jose, try Dante's

Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2010 at 02:33 PM

Diver makes the best bbq ribs I have ever tasted, bar none. Maybe he will share his recipe. Incredible edibles.

Iflyfish
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 4-7-2010 at 10:54 AM

Looks pretty good for a quicker recipe. I've learned here out in Texas though that the best recipe is a hot day, and ice chest full of beer, a good seasoning rub, some good music, and an entire afternoon to kill watching over those ribs slowly cooking away over some pecan wood....works for brisket too. ;)
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2010 at 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexitron
Looks pretty good for a quicker recipe. I've learned here out in Texas though that the best recipe is a hot day, and ice chest full of beer, a good seasoning rub, some good music, and an entire afternoon to kill watching over those ribs slowly cooking away over some pecan wood....works for brisket too. ;)

I totally agree with you. This recipe is great if you want them in three or four hours. But, if one has the time, I can sit and wait many, many hours for a nice slow cooked brisket, mopping it with marinade all day long.

Dang, now I'm hungry!
Bob H
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 4-7-2010 at 01:03 PM

Like Pavlov's dog and the bell....Reading this thread has got me salivating. Not a pretty sight.

So...I just made 'double' reservations..for 2 people at 2 locations on Saturday.

The Serinadad is famous for it's Saturday Nite Pig Barbeque and has long been a hangout for Baja fans. Of particular delight is the mariachi band...seeing the same guys.. playing the same instrumenets...singing the same songs... as they did thirty years ago. Damn, where has the time gone?

Also Ana's at Santispac has been doing a pork barbeque for a little while now, and it's quite tasty, too. Great music makes for some fun times dancing.

We're gonna need some doggie bags, for sure.

Viva la Ribs!

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2010 at 01:41 PM

Just put the ribs in the oven following the youutube video. I'll let you know!
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2010 at 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
Just put the ribs in the oven following the youutube video. I'll let you know!

Lips... Depending on how many pounds of ribs you are cooking up you might want to leave them in there a little longer than two hours. Then have the charcoal grill all heated up to finish them off.

Bob H
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2010 at 06:59 PM

Bob, they turned out great! I did leave them in the oven for almost three hours and also left them on the grill for about ten minutes and they came out perfect. I have tried many different recipes and this was the best by far. Thanks
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2010 at 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
Bob, they turned out great! I did leave them in the oven for almost three hours and also left them on the grill for about ten minutes and they came out perfect. I have tried many different recipes and this was the best by far. Thanks

I am glad you enjoyed this recipe. I've been experimenting with bbq ribs for years and this is, by far, the best way to make them. 3 or 3-1/2 hours and you've got beautiful bbq pork ribs (back, babyback, spare ribs... it all works with this recipe (trimming some of the bigger cuts helps, and you shoudl take off the membrane underneath).

I modified the recipe a little bit. After I take them out of the oven, I throw them on the grill over hot coals to sear them (quickly) each side for just three our four minutes. Then I move them over to the side (indirect heat) and baste them for another 15 or 20 minutes with just a little more smoke chunks over the coals. Outstanding!

Next, I am working on a great recipe for BBQ beef ribs! Another great challenge.

Thanks for trying it out and I'm happy that you had success with it.
Bob H
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 4-16-2010 at 06:36 AM
hey Roger - i was

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
Like Pavlov's dog and the bell....Reading this thread has got me salivating. Not a pretty sight.

So...I just made 'double' reservations..for 2 people at 2 locations on Saturday.

The Serinadad is famous for it's Saturday Nite Pig Barbeque and has long been a hangout for Baja fans. Of particular delight is the mariachi band...seeing the same guys.. playing the same instrumenets...singing the same songs... as they did thirty years ago. Damn, where has the time gone?

Also Ana's at Santispac has been doing a pork barbeque for a little while now, and it's quite tasty, too. Great music makes for some fun times dancing.

We're gonna need some doggie bags, for sure.

Viva la Ribs!

the sat nite porker roast this past weekend at Marlin's table - didn't see you so your plans must have delta'd.
man they were GOOD as usual.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 4-16-2010 at 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano

Yup. it's wonderful :biggrin:

Bob Durrell
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2010 at 08:53 PM

I just added THREE photos to my original Post above that show the results of this wonderful recipe for BBQ Pork Ribs! These are very tender, juicy, and YUMMY!

Bob H
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-16-2010 at 09:07 PM

Need an unbiased taster to sample them? :lol:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2010 at 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Need an unbiased taster to sample them? :lol:

Any time David. I'll gived you a call when I cook up my next batch!

Here's a quote from Lizard Lips (who just tried this recipe out):
"Bob, they turned out great! I did leave them in the oven for almost three hours and also left them on the grill for about ten minutes and they came out perfect. I have tried many different recipes and this was the best by far. Thanks"

My next experimentation will take me to BBQ BEEF Short and Back Ribs!!

Bob H
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2010 at 11:06 AM

Ohh.... just had them again.... wow.... great..... tasty ribs!
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2010 at 11:12 AM

we did the recipe about 2 weeks ago,, really great YUMMY
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.