Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  8
Author: Subject: PSA: Paranoid Personality Disorder
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 4-19-2010 at 10:23 PM
PSA: Paranoid Personality Disorder

Just a Public Service Announcement on Paranoid Personality Disorder. Yes, there's a reason. No, there's nothing really further to explain at the moment.

-----

Paranoid Personality Disorder is defined by a distrust of others and a continuous suspicion of their intentions. These individuals have long-term, widespread and firm beliefs that other people have sinister motives that are hostile, threatening or demeaning. Even friendly gestures by others are often interpreted as being manipulative or malevolent. These beliefs are steadfastly maintained in the absence of any real supporting evidence. They suspect strangers, and even people they know, of planning to harm or exploit them when there is no good evidence to support this belief.

As a result of their constant concern about the lack of trustworthiness of others, individuals with this disorder constantly challenge the loyalties of friends and loved ones. They may also be jealous, secretive and scheming. This often results in social isolation and the individual may stay at home, planning how to react to any perceived personal attack. Interactions with others are characterized by wariness and not infrequently by hostility. If they marry or become otherwise attached to someone, the relationship is often characterized by pathological jealousy and attempts to control their partner.

Despite the pervasive suspicions they have of others, individuals with Paranoid Personality Disorder are not delusional (except in rare, brief instances brought on by stress). Most of the time, they are in touch with reality, except for their misinterpretation of others' motives and intentions. Sufferers are not psychotic but their conviction that others are trying to "get them" or humiliate them in some way often leads to hostility and social isolation. Although those suffering from this disorder do not generally lose touch with reality, they are usually unable to recognise their own negative feelings. They will not confide in others as they fear betrayal, even if those others prove trustworthy and honest.

Sufferers habitually relate to the world by vigilant scanning of the environment for clues or suggestions to validate their prejudicial ideas or biases. They tend to be guarded, suspicious, hypersensitive, easily slighted and unforgiving. They have extreme trust in their own knowledge and capabilities. Personal perceptions of others' behavior may lead to angry or aggressive outbursts.

Individuals with this disorder often have problems with close relationships because of their excessive suspiciousness and hostility. Their combative and suspicious nature may elicit a hostile response in others, which then serves to confirm their original expectations. Individuals with this disorder have a need to have a high degree of control over those around them. They are often rigid, critical of others, and unable to collaborate, although they have great difficulty accepting criticism themselves. They are often attuned to issues of power and rank, and tend to develop negative stereotypes of others.

This disorder appears to be more common in men than in women.

Some other common characteristics:
# Tendency to experience excessive self-importance, manifest in a persistent self-referential attitude;
# Preoccupation with unsubstantiated "conspiratorial" explanations of events both immediate to the individual and in the world at large.
# Doubt the commitment, loyalty, or trustworthiness of others, believing others are using or deceiving them.
# Perceive attacks on their character that are not apparent to others; they generally react with anger and are quick to retaliate.
# Cannot see their role in problems or conflicts, believing they are always right.

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2010 at 10:34 PM

There are those who would point their finger at me but I know it`s really them and I`m perfect.
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2010 at 07:21 AM
ELINVESTIG8R'S DISORDER

Chicken Coop Groupers!

Oops, better not forget the laughing bobblehead!

:lol:

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2010 at 07:32 AM

I know some people in Punta Banda who fit this disorder, and no Dennis, it's not you but you know who I'm talking about I'm sure.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2010 at 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
I know some people in Punta Banda who fit this disorder, and no Dennis, it's not you but you know who I'm talking about I'm sure.

All of 'em...except me and your dad. :lol:
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2010 at 07:59 AM

You hit the nail on the head sir.....
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 4-20-2010 at 08:07 AM

Just who are we talking about here? Let me guess .......
1 ......
2 ......
3 ......
4 ......
5 ......
etc. :lol::lol:

Bob Durrell
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2010 at 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Just a Public Service Announcement on Paranoid Personality Disorder. Yes, there's a reason. No, there's nothing really further to explain at the moment.

-----

http://www.crystalbuffalo.com/collectors/black-wolf-dovetail...
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 4-20-2010 at 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

-----

http://www.crystalbuffalo.com/collectors/black-wolf-dovetail...

They're number two on just Bob's list...

:lol::lol::lol:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2010 at 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo

They're number two on just Bob's list...

:lol::lol::lol:

Just Bob....That's perfect. A star is born.
Sharky
Banned

[*] posted on 4-20-2010 at 08:56 AM

Quote:
They tend to be guarded, suspicious, hypersensitive, easily slighted and unforgiving. They have extreme trust in their own knowledge and capabilities. Personal perceptions of others' behavior may lead to angry or aggressive outbursts.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
A big mistake many make is to think that just because some Mexicans stay silent even when hearing offensive comment about Mexico or Mexicans, means they don't get it, or don't have the guts to do something about it. Trust me, they do, and they will like we say here "dejarsela ir toda" (let it all fall uppon them) when the time is right or get a good chance.

So...what the *** is that. A threat?

Quote:
C'mon, Jesse...what does that mean? Tell us.

Quote:
Originally posted by JESSE
Dennis, i honestly don't have a clue about what are you talking about, or why you are mad. My comments have in no way anything to do with you at all, in fact, you wheren't even on my radar on this discussion. So whatever made you angry, you are sooooo wrong i can't even comprehend.

Quote:
YO MAMA. She knows. Ask her.
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2010 at 09:18 AM

WHERE DID JESSE GO AND WHAT THE HECK WAS HE TALKING ABOUT?
boldliars
Banned

[*] posted on 4-20-2010 at 09:40 AM

BajaNomad is ignoring the people that get their jollies out of making others lives a living hell.

Gang Stalking is experienced by the Targeted Individual as psychological attack, that is capable of immobilizing and destroying them over time. The covert methods used to harass, persecute, and falsely defame the targets often leave no evidence to incriminate the civilian spies.

It's similar to workplace mobbing, but takes place outside in the community. It called Gang Stalking, because groups of organized community members stalk and monitor the targets 24/7.

It has long been a widely expressed view that the monitoring is being done by various groups of citizen informants, members of various community policing type programs. Based on recent research conducted it seems most likely that the people being used to follow Targeted Individuals around are what society and the government in some countries refer to as, "covert human intelligence sources". They can also be known as Citizen Informants. Another slang terms that is often used to describe these individuals is the term Snitch or Snitches.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2010 at 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
WHERE DID JESSE GO AND WHAT THE HECK WAS HE TALKING ABOUT?

This stuff is old. Sharky is grave digging instead of playing with himself.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2010 at 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by boldliars
BajaNomad is ignoring the people that get their jollies out of making others lives a living hell.

Gang Stalking is experienced by the Targeted Individual as psychological attack, that is capable of immobilizing and destroying them over time. The covert methods used to harass, persecute, and falsely defame the targets often leave no evidence to incriminate the civilian spies.

It's similar to workplace mobbing, but takes place outside in the community. It called Gang Stalking, because groups of organized community members stalk and monitor the targets 24/7.

It has long been a widely expressed view that the monitoring is being done by various groups of citizen informants, members of various community policing type programs. Based on recent research conducted it seems most likely that the people being used to follow Targeted Individuals around are what society and the government in some countries refer to as, "covert human intelligence sources". They can also be known as Citizen Informants. Another slang terms that is often used to describe these individuals is the term Snitch or Snitches.

Could you put this in drunken children's terms?

Do we know you?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2010 at 11:28 AM

Quote:

HEY, IT'S OTHERS' LIVES !!!!

There. I feel better already.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-20-2010 at 11:41 AM

Quote:

boldliar,
welcome back fulano, arrowhead, nancy, maggie, whoever you are or want to be!

for a minute there i thought you were author of that incoherent conspiracy rant,... but seems you are just a cut/paste technician :lol::lol:

tag, you're it!

[Edited on 4-20-2010 by mtgoat666]
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

exclamation.gif posted on 4-20-2010 at 11:51 AM
Just because I'm not paranoid

doesn't mean they aren't out to get me! :no::o :lol:

boldliars
Banned

[*] posted on 4-20-2010 at 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:

boldliar,
welcome back fulano, arrowhead, nancy, maggie, whoever you are or want to be!

for a minute there i thought you were author of that incoherent conspiracy rant,... but seems you are just a cut/paste technician :lol::lol:

tag, you're it!

[Edited on 4-20-2010 by mtgoat666]

Well what comes around goes around. BajaNomad, your leader and creator of this farce of a thread is the cut-and-paste king. So if you want to play footsie with anyone play it with him.
boldliars
Banned

[*] posted on 4-20-2010 at 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Quote:

HEY, IT'S OTHERS' LIVES !!!!

There. I feel better already.

Remember I did not start this BS thread. If you want to be the spelling police then do it for everyone on the board. Don't make an exception with me because I said something that you don't like. There are many OTHERS here that you can correct.
 Pages:  1    3  ..  8

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.