BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  15
Author: Subject: MISION SANTA MARIA MAY 29, 2010, LET'S DO IT AGAIN!
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-27-2010 at 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by classicbajabronco
have a great trip and take lots of photos...Especially of carnage...Everyone loves carnage

Oh, I just know there will be tons of photos.... can't wait for this trip report.

Hope everyone on this voyage has a great time and that they have no problems... that Widowmaker looks rough man, and there has been a lot of rain, etc. since the last trip. Bob H

[Edited on 5-28-2010 by Bob H]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-27-2010 at 10:39 PM

You can be sure of that amigos... lots of photos!

I just loaded the Tacoma... and ready to crash for the night...

Today, I was in San Diego and stopped by Discover Baja to renew my annual auto insurance and Carol told me that Neal Johns and his secret guest was just there earlier today on their way to meet us for the Santa Maria run.

I also got a call from HB Murphy of Tacoma World and he will caravan to El Rosario with us tomorrow. They along with CG and us will be staying at Baja Cactus... not sure about BajaCat... Looking forward to dinner at one of El Rosario's great eats... Most likely Ed's place (Baja's Best Cafe), but the remodeled and improved Mama Espinoza's may get us... or Primo's La Bocana Beach Restaurant or maybe Hugo's Taco's Mision...???

Anyway, it should be beautiful driving... I hear the flowers are all a-blooming.

You guys be good... don't drive over any turtle eggs... :light::yes:

See you back here maybe Tuesday! :cool::spingrin:

[Edited on 5-28-2010 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2010 at 05:17 PM

Sorry gang, but I don't know what the deal is with this trip, every time I planned on doing it something happens, Last Presidents day was cancel due to a storm, that never made it to Catavina, yesterday i took my truck to get service to get it ready for the trip and i was told that I have a crack upper control arm on the driver side, if you guys remember my last trip to Baja I broke a lower shock mount bolt, i never saw the crack, when i replaced the bolt.I was hoping that i can get the part today, it's really easy to change, but i was told it wound'nt be here untill Monday.It seems like the destiny doesn't want me to do a trip with you DK,:lol::lol:.Just kidding, have fun guys can wait for your trip report, whats up with all the full size trucks on this trip, i guess the planets need to be aligned for this trip to happen on my side...maybe next time..I f somebody can relay my meessaage to DK in case he doesn't see it i will thank you for that. Have fun and be Safe, o man im going to be misserable for the next 3 days, i guess The Santa maria mission trip will remaind in my to do list for a while...

PS. THE BROKEN UPPER CONTROL ARM IT'S GOING TO SET ME BACK $220 PLUS THE $28 FOR THE SHOCK BOLT THAT I BOUGHT BEFORE, AFTER SO MANY BAJA TRIPS ALL THAT WASHBOARD BACKROADS ARE TAKING THEIR TOLL IN MY TRUCK COMPONENTS:fire::fire::fire::fire:

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 5-28-2010 at 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACATup with all the full size trucks on this trip, i guess the planets need to be aligned for this trip to happen on my side...maybe next time

What about the April '11 Baja Grande run???:bounce:

You in, Jose??:?:

I had to work today, and my wife won't have her Tarjeta Verde for another 3 weeks...

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-28-2010 at 07:34 PM

Bajacat maybe you and I will have to go do it together later.

DK if you see this I'm stuck here for the weekend. They did not get the antenna work done so we are going back up tomorrow to finish it. So I won't be down on Sunday, sorry.
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 5-28-2010 at 10:08 PM
Message relayed...

Some of the "Widowmaker victims" have arrived at BajaCactus... all very happy, anxious and excited to take on tomorrow's adventure.

BajaCat and TW... I have relayed your message to DavidK... hope you can make it another time.

Enjoy Baja my friends!!!

BajaCactus

[Edited on 5-29-2010 by BajaCactus]

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2010 at 08:53 AM

Thanks Antonio. I look forward to seeing you in the near future.
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2010 at 09:47 AM

Any "breaking news" to share.....?
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-30-2010 at 01:13 PM

or, any "breaking" news?

classicbajabronco
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2010 at 02:23 PM

Snap, pop, clunk...what was that noise honey? Been there a few times...But it was not nearly as bad a getting a 2wd dodge diesel stuck in the GN sand flats and while attempting to dig out the truck for the uptenth time....a pinchy sentipede crambled up my shorts and bit me in the ouchsack....I now hate GN....:fire::fire:
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 08:56 AM

NASA said the satellite pictures show all the Toyotas stuck in the water crossing blocking the others from moving. Boy is DK going to pay for that.

Oops an update. Spy satellite showed a Dodge and a GMC truck getting to the stranded Toyotas and freeing them for the trip home.
classicbajabronco
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 10:06 AM

Nasa didn't say anything about fords....they either made it through already. Or blew up into a million pieces. I am talking about new fords by the way!! not 44y/o vehicles
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 12:10 PM
Problems...

DavidK and a few others from the group were schedule to return to BajaCactus yesterday afternoon (Sunday), but they never arrived.

We received reports they had some mechanical damage to one of their vehicles... so far they have not made it back yet (Monday, May 31st, 12:00pm)... or at least we have not heard back from them.

DavidK should have all the details when they return.

Baja is always an adventure!!!

BajaCactus

[Edited on 5-31-2010 by BajaCactus]

BajaCactus
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaCactus
DavidK and a few others from the group were schedule to return to BajaCactus yesterday afternoon (Sunday), but they never arrived.

We received reports they had some mechanical damage to one of their vehicles... so far they have not made it back yet (Monday, May 31st, 12:00pm)... or at least we have not heard back from them.

DavidK should have all the details when they come back.

Baja is always an adventure!!!

BajaCactus

I do hope that it is mechanical damage and there are no problems with any of the people.

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 01:05 PM

I also hope everyone is OK and the damage was minimal.
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 01:34 PM

DavidK just stopped by BajaCactus (Monday, 1:00pm)... he informed us that everyone is ok... they only had some problems with Neal's vehicle, who is still stuck 8 miles off Cataviņa.

Apparently the tie rod end terminals need to be replaced... our staff have already began to help them locate the parts at the local auto parts stores.

If everything goes well, they should be out of there soon.

I am sure they will give us all the details when they return home.

BajaCactus

[Edited on 5-31-2010 by BajaCactus]

BajaCactus
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 04:26 PM

Chevy trucks are standing by to help if needed.....:biggrin:.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by surfer jim
Chevy trucks are standing by to help if needed.....:biggrin:.

Oh no, he does drive a Toyota, right? :o:o Send in those Chevy's, Jeep's, Fords and Dodges. Quick!

Seriously, I hope they are well supplied and rescued quickly.

surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 05:33 PM

Just in case anyone needs it.....I will be coming down to COLONET Wednesday mid afternoon. Can bring tools , parts or whatever is needed. :smug:
fishabductor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-31-2010 at 08:11 PM

This is a one of those times where a Porta-power onboard welder comes in handy.

Best of luck getting out, what make of Vehicle was it? A toyota...it wasn't a new one was it, those damn engineers never get anything right!

If it was a Tie rod that came apart..I have done offroad repairs by using a]the ever-present B.F.hammer and a rock to knock the tie rod back together, and then used a large hose clamp or bailing wire to help keep them together, and then drive extremely slow picking the best line for the weak tierod....hope this helps....

You did bring the BFH didn't you?

[Edited on 6-1-2010 by fishabductor]

Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  15

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.