Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Tijuana Airport Parking
Phil C
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2010 at 12:23 PM
Tijuana Airport Parking

Anyone know the rates for parking a week or so there?
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 6-2-2010 at 03:55 PM

phil

park in the usa at the place right by the otay mesa border

then take the shuddle to the airport in tj

very safe and secure
shuddle is easy and cheap

[Edited on 6-2-2010 by Bob and Susan]

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
fandango
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2010 at 07:02 PM

phil c:
where are you travelling to? when you return, please post how the parking,shuttle and flight out of TJ went, and the return. i would be interested to know.
have fun.

sbwontoo
tjBill
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-2-2010 at 07:02 PM

At the TJ airport they have a special long term parking area in the big structure. I've been told its not cheap, like $15 dollars a day. Better to go to Bob and Susan's recommendation in Otay Mesa.
Phil C
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2010 at 05:54 AM

Thanks guys, the U.S. side seems like the thing to do. T.J. to La Paz then on to Loreto, Can't handle the $600 that Alaska wants. Thats robbery.
bajabass
Super Nomad

Mood: Want to fish!!!

[*] posted on 6-3-2010 at 05:59 AM

It is $5 a day at the Sy border lot, $12 for a cab to the airport. Cheap and easy. Don't forget to get your FMM as you cross. I flew to La Paz last Friday, and ended up at the airport in La Paz, with no FMM. Always flew from the US, and got it on the plane. Oops! The jefe at the airport nailed me for 1000 pesos, and pocketed it.
El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2010 at 07:23 AM

You can also get your FMM at the airport from the migra kiosk where you first enter the ticketing area.

We've flown Volaris several times, and the crossing and parking at Otay is without a doubt the easiest.

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2010 at 08:54 AM

Exactly where is the $5 a day lot, Bajabass? I have been paying $8 a day at the San Ysidro Border Station parking lot.

BTW, the guy at the La Paz Immigration office "said" that if you have an FM3, you do not need an FMM.
tjBill
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-3-2010 at 01:49 PM

Last I looked the lot near the Otay Mesa border crossing is $5 a day. Near the San Ysidro border crossing the Gateway Inn has $5 a day parking.
bajabass
Super Nomad

Mood: Want to fish!!!

[*] posted on 6-3-2010 at 01:57 PM

My wife dropped me off, but she said she paid $5 a day. I'll have her point the lot out next time. I do not have an FM2 or FM3 yet, and blew right thru the TJ airport without thinking about the FMM. It won't happen again. Major SNAFU in La Paz, my fault:O I hate it when I'm wrong:mad:
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-4-2010 at 06:59 AM

Across from Plaza Amigo Next to where you enter the Sentri lane at the San Ysidro POE in TJ. Two or Three bucks a day. the lot is 24 hour a day monitored. 60 peso cab ride to airport.

Peace out

Always looking over ones shoulder is no way to live.
Help stop the cowerdice involved in cyberbullying:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5270535_fight-adult-cyberbullying.ht...
hdn2mx
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2010 at 10:50 PM
TJ airport parking

I've used Volaris numerous times as well and I have parked on both sides of the border. There used to be a place in Otay Mesa called Otay Mesa park & shuttle, they would take you into the airport from Otay Mesa, that was great. Now they're history.
I have recently just parked in the parking structure at TJ airport, not cheap, but it's definitely nice driving straight to the airport and having your car there when you return. The only bummer is if the border wait is long your stuck in that mess.
As far as immigration, you can do that right in the airport at TJ. Typically once your on the plane they don't check when you get to your destination because you took off from TJ Mexico, no need for immigration. Not not coming from a different country.
Volaris has incredibly nice planes with much cheaper flights. And more flights too.

RT
Elena La Loca
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2010 at 11:10 PM

Park at Oceanside Transit Center for free. Take Greyhound to TJ airport for $12.50. I flew home (Mexicana out of La Paz via Los Mochis) after the NORRA Mexican 1000 on May 3 and couldn't believe how easy it was to fly to TJ then take the Cruceros bus to Oceanside. Cruceros ticket agent @ TJ Airport was most efficicent & accomodating (watched my carry-on luggage while I grabbed "una mas cerveza") and the bus was beautiful & clean & comfortable. They even have Wi-Fi & show recent release movies (Avatar was on my ride). Three words describe it all: facil, facil, facil.
bajabound2005
Ultra Nomad

Mood: words cannot describe...

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 06:05 AM

We flew out of TJ 2 years ago and made the mistake of parking at the airport...it was about $17 a day and we were gone 2 weeks!

Friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel.
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Elena La Loca
Park at Oceanside Transit Center for free. Take Greyhound to TJ airport for $12.50. I flew home (Mexicana out of La Paz via Los Mochis) after the NORRA Mexican 1000 on May 3 and couldn't believe how easy it was to fly to TJ then take the Cruceros bus to Oceanside. Cruceros ticket agent @ TJ Airport was most efficicent & accomodating (watched my carry-on luggage while I grabbed "una mas cerveza") and the bus was beautiful & clean & comfortable. They even have Wi-Fi & show recent release movies (Avatar was on my ride). Three words describe it all: facil, facil, facil.

This is a great option for door to door service..RT ticket on the bus is only $19..Parking is free and secure in Oceanside.

Democracy is like two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Ben Franklin (1759)
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 7-16-2014 at 07:06 AM

I have also used Delta parking on the USA side and was very happy with them.

They also offered to drive me all the way to the TJ airport for only $20 and refused a tip when we got there. In addition, they also have car wash services and I believe auto detailing while you are gone.
Thumbs up!

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

mrfatboy
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2014 at 07:20 AM

I used delta parking last march. At that time they were only able to drive me to the border because they had paperwork work problems driving people to the airport. They were hoping to get if resolved soon.

I leave this Friday for PVR and will be using them again and will report back any change.
SlyOnce
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2014 at 08:44 AM

Now I know why all my friends park at my apartment in Playas, and have me drive them to the airport.

Remember when you get your FMM in TJ airport they only take pesos and its about $MX300 p.

Flying out of TJ is easier and cheaper by far than SD. At least for destinations south.
dasubergeek
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2014 at 09:01 AM

Definitely either park on the US side, or park further out into Tijuana in a secured parking lot and take a cab to the airport from there. Bear in mind when you come back that there is a monopoly on taxi service at the TJ airport, and so going to the SY border will cost you $20. :wow:

Hopefully this time next year the airport bridge will be done and you'll be able to park on the US side and just walk through immigration across a dedicated bridge.
Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2014 at 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mrfatboy
I used delta parking last march. At that time they were only able to drive me to the border because they had paperwork work problems driving people to the airport. They were hoping to get if resolved soon.

I leave this Friday for PVR and will be using them again and will report back any change.

I used Delta Truck Parking about 2 months ago. It was $7 day, maybe a little cheaper by the week. They drove me to the Otay Mesa border crossing, I walked with my suitcase and sporttube with spearfishing gear about 4 minutes over the border, through customs, and into a cab for the TJ Airport ($12). Was easy as pie. Coming back the cab from the airport to the Otay Meas border was ($17). Make sure you get a cab back for $12 too. You go through US Customs, and walk about 100 yards to their pickup point back to Delta Parking. I would use them again, it was very easy. There is even a YouTube video of the walk over the border into a cab. You book the Delta Parking online first, print it out, and give the conformation printout to the guys there when you get there.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.