BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: a C 210 L was just stolen from PSFO!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

wow.gif posted on 6-6-2010 at 10:56 AM
a C 210 L was just stolen from PSFO!

early morning, before daylight. had to back taxi and use lights for takeoff.
had prop lock - no help.
they knew he was coming. they might have gotten intel (G2) from his recent posts on BBP asking about conditions there - yes the bad guys can afford $49 a year to be BBP members....

well this really SUCKS!!
no 200 series Cessnas are safe anywhere in baja or mainland.
also as he cleared in someplace and filed for PSFO the guys at ALL mexican AOEs are suspect until they find the moles...

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 11:00 AM

darn...so sorry for the owner...seems like the best thing is to slightly deviate from a "filed" flight plan....mums the word.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 11:16 AM

yes - in mexico leaving a tower going to a non tower there is no closing of the plan and no follow up S&R like in USA.
many guys "file" to one place non towered but end up at a 2nd for security.
don't try that tower to tower or they WILL come looking for you and CHARGE you for the event $$.

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 11:24 AM

Where is PSFO? Is that Puerto San Fransisquito?

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 11:25 AM

How could a member of BBP even consider taking a C210 to Baja, at this point?

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 11:28 AM

Is it even possible to insure a plane that goes to Mexico?
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 12:02 PM

1. PUNTA san francisquito
2. i don't know really - but last weekend at serenidad there were 3 of them at different times.... run what you brung...or have i guess...
3. sure is. i just renewed mine $100 for the year mex liability and my USA hull carrier is covered fully in canada mexico, central america and bahamas.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 01:50 PM

:no::no::no: very sad day in paradise ... terrible to have a plane stolen. hope he / she did have excellent insurance:no::no::no:

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 06:45 PM

Mike do you know if he was parked at the tiedown area near the beach or on the taxiway between the runways?

carpe diem!
rzitren
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2010 at 09:59 PM

I just returned from picking up the pilot and friends of the stolen aircraft. He had cleared into Mexico at San Felipe on Tuesday June 1st and filed for San Francisquitos. He parked in the normal parking area at the south end of the runway. from what I understand there was one other airplane there, a C185 I think. There were a few Americans staying in the cabanas. On Saturday night a Mexican van with two men drove in and had dinner at the cabanas that no one knew. After dinner they left. At 4:30 this morning someone cut the lock, taxied the plane to the north end of the runway and took off heading south. Please be careful when you file to small strips. I always file to another uncontrolled strip when I leave a towered airport and then go somewhere else. No one just happened to drive by San Francisquitos and decided to steal this airplane.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2010 at 05:56 AM

thx for the report rzitren.
bad day.
i think the DGAC should interogate all the staff at MMSF as the mole has to be on the take and there working - otherwise - how would they know? and the timing on the "van" showing up makes sense.
they ate, cased and bingo that plane is on the mainland now. the van was carrying 100 LL too i'll bet.

desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2010 at 09:50 AM

I agree with you Capt. mike

but what is 100 LL
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 6-7-2010 at 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl
I agree with you Capt. mike

but what is 100 LL

"100 LL" is 100 octane piston engine aviation fuel (gasoline). "LL" stands for "Low Lead". Sorry for butting in here Mike, it is so rare that I see a question I can answer that I couldn't resist :)

[Edited on 6-7-2010 by Ken Bondy]

carpe diem!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2010 at 11:38 AM

haha Ken...100 LL...it's not just for breakfast anymore...:lol::lol:
the thing is.....the EPA is about to outlaw LL and yet they have not figured a useable alternative for it - so what - ground the ENTIRE piston GA and comm'l fleet?? are they totally nutz?? yes they must be!!
guvmint....what a bunch of IDIOTS!!:fire:

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-7-2010 at 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
haha Ken...100 LL...it's not just for breakfast anymore...:lol::lol:
the thing is.....the EPA is about to outlaw LL and yet they have not figured a useable alternative for it - so what - ground the ENTIRE piston GA and comm'l fleet?? are they totally nutz?? yes they must be!!

airplanes should meet emissions standards same as any car. we live in a crowded world, and there is no room for obsolete smoggy engines and bad polluting fuels. you want to foul the air, then don't foul the air the rest of us have to breathe.
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2010 at 06:18 PM

Quote:

You must be talking about the Arizona state government. :lol:

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2010 at 06:49 AM

"airplanes should meet emissions standards same as any car. we live in a crowded world, and there is no room for obsolete smoggy engines and bad polluting fuels. you want to foul the air, then don't foul the air the rest of us have to breathe."

100 LL has been shown to be innocuous relative to old 80-87 leaded, and similar to to reg sin leaded for cars. Diesels pollute worse - look at the vol from hvy duty trucks and trains -

at altitude the exhaust is widely dissipated well before it can reach your breathing aparati.

the avgas used by the nation's entire piston fleet is less than 1% of the nation's fuel consumption for car gas. yet those planes and the GA industry contributes hugely to the economy providing important resources and benefits. Shutting down that sector of the economy over a non event like low lead levels in the fuel used is felony dumb and shortsided.

i am all for new fuels but a gov't edict to simply outlaw 100 LL without 1st supporting efforts towards an orderly transition to an economically viable alternate which is compatible to the existing fleet is outrageous and smacks of the myopic machinations typical of peabrained bureaucrats feeding off the national dole.......:barf:

next time you need an emergency medical air evac from a remote town that can only handle piston craft and has no turbine helos....and you can't get that flight cause there is no avgas sold....well you might just be dead.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-8-2010 at 10:45 AM

Quote:
next time you need an emergency medical air evac from a remote town that can only handle piston craft and has no turbine helos....and you can't get that flight cause there is no avgas sold....well you might just be dead.

dilution is not a legal solution for polluters.

what about the tens of thousands that die every year from bad air quality?

no excuses for aircraft, all should comply with clean air laws. no compliance, no flying.

and if you are worried about being incapacitated at remote location, then get healthy or don't go,... or associate only with aircraft owners that don't make excuses, and love clean air.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2010 at 01:54 PM

"and if you are worried about being incapacitated at remote location, then get healthy or don't go,... or associate only with aircraft owners that don't make excuses, and love clean air."

right....i'll refer to that for the next guy/gal/family that has an accident not of his/her/their own causing and needs to be air lifted out of some little burg or from in the middle of no where. It ain't just for self induced health issues.

i don't know a SINGLE aircraft owner that is willing, of the means financially or otherwise ready to dump their perfectly good existing motors to willingly pay for a non existent engine which if it did exist would cost easily $50,000 a piece plus installation. And - i know plenty of owner operators in addition to membership in most pilot driven organizations with access to current thought and literature on this subject.

you missed the point, chivo - comm'l GA is too important in the economy world wide to be simply shut down, and the guvmint has to 1st support an industry acceptable solution for the fuel type issue before they can just ban it. The leaded fuel discussion for planes is now 30 plus years old with no firm solution yet available.

at the present there is no alternative engine available which can meet the required FAA performance and service/safety specs - and if there was it could cost $50,000-$200,000 per plane to retrofit. Not viable.

let's all just ride bikes i guess. many would prefer that i suppose.

maybe go back to candles and whale lamps too??:?::light::barf:

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 6-8-2010 at 02:18 PM

"guvmint has to 1st support an industry acceptable solution for the fuel type issue before they can just ban it."

have and will ..... not just fuel either.. if found to be a "bad actor" ... your history.. it is across the board, no industry is exempt .. from environmental laws here in the United States.. only from enforcement (Reagan exempts DOD back in the early 80s or somewhere around that time, they the DOD had big messes going on) ...

the call will be based on negative impact to Human Health and the environment first.. unless we are going to go under.. which would appear to be the case at the moment ... so look for possible relief ... possible ... just saying...

Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.