BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: a C 210 L was just stolen from PSFO!
Terry28
Senior Nomad

Mood: Thirsty

[*] posted on 6-16-2010 at 08:40 AM

We are not in Kansas anymore Toto!! Sad but true...

Mexico!! Where two can live as cheaply as one.....but it costs twice as much.....
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 6-16-2010 at 10:12 AM

"I will never do it again"

well sure you will Ken - i'll take you.:D
i ain't giving up yet.
too much adventure awaits. and until they get so desperate they need to steal low wing Pipers i am not a bit worried about theft.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Curt63
Super Nomad

Mood: Fish tacos and Tecate

[*] posted on 6-16-2010 at 04:15 PM

I tried, but couldn't post a larger pic. I zoomed in on the original and it is the same aircraft. Roger Richard ??? he was a friendly fellow. Damn shame

No worries
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2010 at 05:19 PM

Ken Says it all!

I have very close to 2,000 hours logged in Baja Sur at the same time Ken was flying.
It is sad to think that "Hiogh Wing" Aircraft are having trouble flying in Baja. Of course no body want a Low Wing Commanche as you cannot see what you are flying over!!

One of these days Mike you may try a 182 and realize just how much better it is to fly High Wing.

Sorry to hear that another good Airplane is Gone.
May they rot in Hell!!
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2010 at 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. mike
they knew he was coming. they might have gotten intel (G2) from his recent posts on BBP asking about conditions there - yes the bad guys can afford $49 a year to be BBP members....

There's got to be a better way to police the BBP site. What would be your suggestions?

Carlos Fiesta
Junior Nomad

Mood: Fiesty

[*] posted on 6-16-2010 at 10:28 PM

Mike;

I flew into Punta San Francisquito that same Sunday and flew out Monday afternoon (Memorial Day). We were a group of two planes and things were pretty quiet for a traditionally big weekend (although Alfonsinas was definately hopping when we flew over on the way south).

I have been to PFSQ 3 times in the last 6 month and I always disable my plane to prevent theft. I know the bad guys are more likely to take a 206 or a 210 than my Beechcraft A-19, but I still do what I can to sleep well while I am down there.

For me the rewards of PSFQ are worth the risk. Even if I have to take a wheel off of my plane at night I will continue to enjoy the beauty of such a beautiful place!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2010 at 06:59 AM

Carlos - call me when you plan to be there again AFTER oct...hahaha. and i'll pop over and party wit ya. Ditto SJN/JYJ.
we have a trip after july 4th to El socorrito - can't wait pacific brisas...what are your august plans for JYJ?

MasSkeeter - sorry bud - i'll take a low wing any day - in fact i simply can't stand flying high wings unless i have to. i am not so concerned what is under me as what is ABOVE me!
why do you think all the best WWII fighters were low wing?
remember the comanche wing is a laminar flow airfoil patterned after the P-51.
i prefer to fly fast and get there, not slow with feet hanging down.
but it is all good amigo, let's go for a ride!:spingrin:

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 6-17-2010 at 07:10 AM

Those WWII fighters were "conventional gear" also. Seems as though those early designers knew how to build a plane that could take a beating and fly in and out of unimproved strips......like the drug dealers use. They were a little more challenging to drive than tricycle gear but if you learned to fly (and drive) them from the start it wasn't a big deal.

The drug dealers don't seem to like the tail draggers, I know that there are exceptions but they probably steal more low wing planes. I think I forgot how to drive a tricycle.......dt

[Edited on 6-17-2010 by dtbushpilot]

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2010 at 08:21 AM

yes - tri gear means anyone can do it.
conventional gear and you don't stop flying until the engine shuts off.
i have zero tail dragger time.
when i get my dream plane, a Beech 18 set up for corp seating, i'll have to learn all over again.:light::!::tumble:

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2010 at 03:56 PM

Here is a fun tail-dragger to fly. A Cassutt pylon racer I owned a few years ago. No dual instruction in this one- you just take off and better learn fast as you go. I flew this one to Baja and the Serenidad

Cassutt-s.jpg - 44kB
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2010 at 03:59 PM

George you deserve a medal for sitting in that baby all the way to Mulege!
bet you got there fast!
i have seen them at Reno - maybe even yours. i can't fit in one hahaha.
does that have an O-200 lyc in it??
what will she do WOT?

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2010 at 04:10 PM

Mike- I used to fit into that airplane but not anymore. From California it wasn't a bad run to Mulege, buzzing every palapa on the way down. I donated it to a museum in Lancaster, CA and I don't know if it is on display yet. It would top out at about 245mph at 4,000 rpm (with an O-200) They used to make you chain the motor to the frame because some props would disintegrate at the high rpm's being run and the motor would actually rip off the airplane causing a slight cg problem. I decided there were better ways to risk your neck and only flew it for aerobatics and fun and no racing.
Carlos Fiesta
Junior Nomad

Mood: Fiesty

[*] posted on 6-17-2010 at 09:38 PM
Juan y Juan

Mike;

No August dates yet for Juan y Juan, but I'll keep you in the loop. Still thinking about the LA to Colorado River jet ski trip in late October and would love to hoist a beer with you at Serenidad if you are in the area...
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 6-18-2010 at 07:15 AM
yes pls do

Quote:
Originally posted by Carlos Fiesta
Mike;

No August dates yet for Juan y Juan, but I'll keep you in the loop. Still thinking about the LA to Colorado River jet ski trip in late October and would love to hoist a beer with you at Serenidad if you are in the area...

i will fly chase/ support for you.
i might be based in Havasu this fall so we'll see.

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.