Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Looking for east cape lot - want some freedom and not "plans"
knowsam

[*] posted on 6-9-2010 at 11:26 AM
Looking for east cape lot - want some freedom and not "plans"

So about me:
I'm thinking about buying a lot on the east cape road in the next 12-18 months to camp/trailer on while I build, or have built an open palapa. I’m not looking for anything too developed , I really like the more rugged – washboard road “protected” lots. Ideally I’d be looking for either an empty lot or open palapa style place, close to the beach (but not on it), with a view of crashing waves. My preferred area was north of San Jose to Cabo Pulmo.

So everything here tells me to stay away from realtors etc. so what is the process? Everything I'm seeing seems to be part of a development, are these like canadian developments, in that they'll have approved designs etc or will I have the ability to build a palapa that I just do my fishing from?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2010 at 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by knowsam
what is the process?

Posting your question here is a good start. Welcome to BajaNomad, knowsam.
Your answers may trickle in slowly, but hang tight. There is no better source of info than right here.
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2010 at 12:05 PM

Bienvenidos, Amigo. I recomend that you go camping & fishing out there for a month and meet some people. Ask around where there might be property available. Vinorama and Cabo Pulmo have small gringo populations so move in slow and be friendly. Good neighbors are a big asset and sometimes hard to find! Suerte. Tio
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 6-9-2010 at 04:37 PM

I agree with tio but I would recommend hanging out in the area for a year before buying anything. Be sure to stay there during the summer months before you buy.

We love it in the East Cape, one of the most beautiful places in the world but its not for everybody....especially in September....dt

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2010 at 04:45 PM

Find a bilingual Mexican lawyer to represent your interests after you have found a lot. I paid $500 to one when I bought my house and I'm glad I did. Inform yourself of the process, the Internet is a good resource of course, but have the lawyer execute the process and evaluate all contracts and any other paperwork.

Paulclark
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2010 at 05:25 PM

HI -- we have developed a subdivision called Castillo de Arena which is 14 miles south of Cabo Pulmo. We have lived in the development for 14 years so are readily accesible to our owners and have a property which has no title issues and is title insurance eligible. Lots are ocean view, with good beach access, go up to 1/2 acre and are priced from $19,000 and up. I would be happy to show you what is available and explain ownership in Mexico. --or just point you in the right direction and refer you to reliable professionals. You can contact me U2U or at pc@eastcapehomes.com
Baja&Back
Senior Nomad

Mood: Rarin' to go South!

[*] posted on 6-9-2010 at 05:31 PM

If Los Barriles is an acceptable area, try my friend William Harnecker. He has about 30 undeveloped view, desert & waterfront lots between LB and Pescadero. Definitely won't push something on you. I have PM'd you with his phone number in WA.
Hope this helps!

Barry & Vanda
Baja and Back RV Tours
Vancouver BC Canada / Baja
http://bajaandback.com
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 10:25 AM
paul can you give lat long for google earth view?

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulclark
HI -- we have developed a subdivision called Castillo de Arena which is 14 miles south of Cabo Pulmo. We have lived in the development for 14 years so are readily accesible to our owners and have a property which has no title issues and is title insurance eligible. Lots are ocean view, with good beach access, go up to 1/2 acre and are priced from $19,000 and up. I would be happy to show you what is available and explain ownership in Mexico. --or just point you in the right direction and refer you to reliable professionals. You can contact me U2U or at pc@eastcapehomes.com

what strips are close? Frailes Rincon etc?

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Paulclark
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 10:35 AM

23d18'19.18"N
109d26'04.64W

The Google Image is about 5 years old.
The closest strip is Frailes -- which was resurfaced last year and is open.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 03:28 PM

thx that's a damn nice property.
i luv the east cape....some day maybe...

\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 6-10-2010 at 06:48 PM

How about lot in Ridgecrest, California? It's only about 950 miles from the East Cape and 100 miles from the Pacific Ocean.
Clear title. The sand is very similar to the East Cape. The main highlight is China Lakes Navel Air Station.

Will trade for Gold, Diamonds or possibly a Ferrari.

I will now go back to my bottle Don Julio.

If someone would tell me how to put in a smiley face, you could tell that I am not so delusional.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2010 at 06:07 AM

"The closest strip is Frailes -- which was resurfaced last year and is open."

Paul - any intel on what is planned now for Frailes? i.e. - keep strip up, public access? hotel reopening? selling lots adjacent as i have seen before? Is Fran's family still involved?

Paulclark
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2010 at 06:38 AM

The Seipman family have taken over the project and are maintaining it, but not selling any lots. I understand that their long time goal is to develop the property into a high end destination -- but I get the feeling that it will not happen soon. The Seipman's are the builders/owners of the hotel and it remains closed. Wayne Seipman, the patriach died a few years ago and one of his sons gained control of the whole property. There are a few lots available on resale.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2010 at 07:05 AM

thx - that's what is reported on BBP but not from someone close like you.
do you have contact info on the Seipman heirs?
just for the purpose of interviewing him regards his longer term plans for pista access. have to weigh the risk of buying/building vs landing rights continuity. many a strip over the last 30 years i have actively flown the east cape has succombed to the death rattle of a D9 or D10 rolling thru ripping along scarifying for new pads. gulp!

Paulclark
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2010 at 04:34 PM

U2U Mike
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

lol.gif posted on 6-11-2010 at 04:56 PM
Maybe Better Than California City

Quote:
Originally posted by Howard
How about lot in Ridgecrest, California? It's only about 950 miles from the East Cape and 100 miles from the Pacific Ocean.
Clear title. The sand is very similar to the East Cape. The main highlight is China Lakes Navel Air Station.

Will trade for Gold, Diamonds or possibly a Ferrari.

I will now go back to my bottle Don Julio.

If someone would tell me how to put in a smiley face, you could tell that I am not so delusional.

Just be patient, my namesake. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 6-11-2010 at 07:08 PM

Sr. Howard

I might have the last laugh when the big one hits and I have beach front lots.

Patient for the sale or how to put those damn smiley faces on this page?

Bubba

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

Gaucho
Nomad

Mood: Bohemia por favor...

[*] posted on 6-11-2010 at 10:33 PM

Hi Knowsam,

What is your budget? It sounds like you like to fish. Do you want to launch a boat or just fish from the shore? You have LOTS of options. Just depends on what you want to spend...

Quote:
Originally posted by knowsam
So about me:
I'm thinking about buying a lot on the east cape road in the next 12-18 months to camp/trailer on while I build, or have built an open palapa. I’m not looking for anything too developed , I really like the more rugged – washboard road “protected” lots. Ideally I’d be looking for either an empty lot or open palapa style place, close to the beach (but not on it), with a view of crashing waves. My preferred area was north of San Jose to Cabo Pulmo.

So everything here tells me to stay away from realtors etc. so what is the process? Everything I'm seeing seems to be part of a development, are these like canadian developments, in that they'll have approved designs etc or will I have the ability to build a palapa that I just do my fishing from?
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2010 at 05:23 AM

thx Paul - got it and sent it cc to you.
looking forward to a trip south soon.
have to decide when - hot summer or perfect fall.

Paulclark
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2010 at 06:34 AM

October 15 to November 30 --- perfect time here!!!:bounce:
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.