BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Looking for east cape lot - want some freedom and not "plans"
knowsam

[*] posted on 6-21-2010 at 09:40 AM

Thanks for all the responses, sounds like its a bit of a mine field if you want to avoid being the gringo getting screwed (largely by other gringos). Gaucho, my budget is 40-100K for a lot depending on septic/water etc and more if its a completed place, though I'm looking to build something very specific so not too interested in completed places.

Yes you're right, I'm big into fishing, would want to be close to both shore fishing and small boat in shore fishing (say panga sized boats).
knowsam

[*] posted on 6-21-2010 at 11:50 AM

Also, it looks like East Cape Homes at www.eastcapehomes.com, has a fair bit of land similar to what I'm looking for, anyone had any things to share about them as a corp?

Thx.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 6-21-2010 at 11:58 AM

i have had great friendly and informative correspondence from him, Paul Clark.
i look forward to meeting him and the Los Frailes mgmt this fall.
time is right to buy lot - market is probably at bottom now.
with some luck and a couple of things working on stateside i might be able to push the plug up a bit sooner so it can get pulled!
i won't build unless i can be there full time since it is my profession.
Bob Frambes will be my general consultant!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
BajaPam

[*] posted on 6-21-2010 at 12:32 PM

Hola Knowsam:
People who advise you to avoid realtors are probably trying to save you some money by avoiding sales commissions which generally run between 6% and 10% here. However, this will also significantly limit your selection.
We have a Multiple Listing Service here in Los Barriles, so any participating agent can show you properties from all the office.
To see the properties that are listed in the area you can visit our website (www.homesandlandofbaja.com) and click the "All Listings" button.
I hope you find what you're looking for!
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 6-21-2010 at 02:55 PM

Pam, got David's email hope to meet you this fall.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
knowsam

[*] posted on 8-15-2010 at 09:24 PM

Thanks for all your help guys, you do know yor sh!t, and that helps,cause there seems to be a lot to be weary about down there.

Gaucho, I do like fishing, happy to fish from the shore and doubt I'd go much bigger than a panga. My price range is between 60-120K depending on what's there and what needs to be done. Is an ocean view on the East Cape feasable on that budget? Not looking to be ocean front, but I do want a clear view to the water and to see/hear the surf.
snowcat5
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2010 at 07:14 AM

knowsam, I have a nice ocean view lot for sale in Zacatitas. It is fenced, mostly level, and about a ten minute walk from the beach. Good dirt road to the lot. There are a few year-round neighbors and several vacation homes in the area. About a half hour drive to La Playita and a few more minutes to San Jose. Great fishing and surfing and many folks use their ATVs for getting around. U2U me for more info- we have a price of $52,000 on it- we own it free and clear and have done the Fideo paper work. Our friend Chris Scarburough is the sales guy and he lives right near by. This is a real nice lot with great views, backs up to an arroyo and would be easy to camp and build on. It is almost a half acre in size and the entire community is off the grid and solar and wind power is the norm. I can even recommend a great local builder to help. Almost everyone here started with a palapa and went on from there. Good luck!
wsdunc
Nomad

Mood: Upbeat

[*] posted on 8-16-2010 at 12:08 PM
east cape

Check your U2
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.