BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Bajadarkskies.com website up!
Graham
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2010 at 12:34 PM

Mike, the road out to your ranch seemed gentle enough after the drive down from the San Pedro Mártir, with all the fallen boulders and the pavement washed away in places.

Even the condors were looking for “road kill” on a couple of the worst curves.

But you’re right, the 6 km drive can seem a little hairy the first time you do it, when you’re not sure where you’re going.

Luckily I had a good co-pilot always willing to jump out and offer advice.

When we left, I thought it wise to get out and let her handle one of those challenging descending switchbacks. :)

desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2010 at 07:32 PM
IF ANY ONE MISSED IT

Nearer my Dog to thee

http://bajadetour.books.officelive.com/nmdtt.aspx
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-21-2010 at 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by astrobaja
David: does photobucket site also let you upload full size images? (like up to 1600X1200). reason I ask is I'd like to find a place to host my full size lunar images.

thanks!

Mike

[Edited on 6-20-2010 by astrobaja]

Just go and see Mike.. it is free... I upload my images, but when I do... I first choose a size that won't distort Baja Nomad... 15" is a full screen and Large is pretty darn good, too. The 17" size and the standard 1 mg. size causes Nomad to stretch wide for most viewers and exceeds the requested 800 pixel width here.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaGeoff
Super Nomad

Mood: Heading To Baja!!!

[*] posted on 6-28-2010 at 02:16 PM

Looks great Mike!

My father and I have been talking about doing a trip up there for years. We would love to come stay at your place. Good luck with finishing everything and let us know when you are officially open!

k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2010 at 08:03 AM

Just got back from from a two night stay at the Baja Dark Skies Inn, Mike and Pamela's place in the sky. I loved it. Wonderful mountain retreat. Camping was great in the shade of a huge oak tree and the weather was perfect. Warm days, cool nights. It was a perfect nature experience, absolutely pristine.

We intentionally went at the new moon so the stars would be blazing and they were. The most star filled night sky I've ever seen. In addition everybody (all four if us including a 10 year old boy) saw shooting stars blazing into the atmosphere, satellites moving across the sky, and airplanes at cruising altitude. The night sky there is amazing.

Mike gave us all a tour of deep space with his 18" reflector and it's a mind boggling experience seeing back in time.

What a unique place to visit. An immaculate place to camp (or stay in the guest house) no worries about noisy fellow campers, an absolutely beautiful mountain setting, the nicest hosts, and a chance to look through a really great telescope, guided by an astronomer.

AND, if you go there in the coming weeks/months you'll be able to pick ripe apples from their trees. They are loaded with fruit.

Highly recommended, top shelf, vacation experience. It is a great place to stay and day trips to the close by national park are certainly doable.

Bravo Mike and Pamela!!

http://www.bajadarkskies.com/index.html

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.