Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: What has become of Aquamarine RV Park in La Paz
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2010 at 07:50 AM
What has become of Aquamarine RV Park in La Paz

I loved that place. Great location on the water, nice pool, great meeting place, good vibes and night heron nesting over the pool. I wonder what has become of it and what the RV camping alternatives are in La Paz?

I know of the Maranatha, but it is not on the water and a bit out of town.

Iflyfish
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2010 at 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Iflyfish
I loved that place. Great location on the water, nice pool, great meeting place, good vibes and night heron nesting over the pool. I wonder what has become of it and what the RV camping alternatives are in La Paz?

I know of the Maranatha, but it is not on the water and a bit out of town.

Iflyfish

Aquamarina was a very nice place. Richard (and Mary) got tired of running it -- think he had health problems.

There's a place half way to Comitan, behind a espresso cafe, on the left (if leaving LP), and know they have wi-fi. Looks OK and I'd stay there if needed but not extended -- not like Aquamarina.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2010 at 02:29 PM

They were both so sweet, she loved showing her orchids and telling of her days at sea, do hope they were able to at least stay on their lovely property.

Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2010 at 03:27 PM

Richard and Marilu are still there on their property. They simply retired.
bajabass
Super Nomad

Mood: Want to fish!!!

[*] posted on 7-14-2010 at 04:02 PM

Lee, that is Campestre Marantha. Nice place, clean casitas also. My wife spent a week there job and house hunting.
noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2010 at 04:26 PM

Good to know they are still there, will have to drop by next time we are there to say hi again, was just remembering the time she was telling us of how her boat broke free and floated off during a storm..... Anyone have any pictures of it? I always wanted to try and climb on it but was too darn big to get up..

Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2010 at 05:25 PM

That place was a very famous hang out for the Hollywood crowd in the John Wayne days and he regaled me with stories about some of those guests. Wonderful people indeed.

Campestre Marantha is the other place I have seen there but it is a bit out of the way. It is very clean and well maintained, all in all a good place. I am wondering if there is a hotel/cottage/side yard, on the beach etc. that might have a place for us to hook up while we enjoy La Paz.

We loved the Aquamarine, lots of history there indeed. It would be nice to be able to be close enought to town to catch a cab to Tres Virgines!! and the Malecon. A guy can wish can't he??

If you know of such a place please U2U me and Mrsfish and I can make plans.

Thanks for these great posts.

Iflyfish
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2010 at 05:27 PM

Any info on these?

Los Aripez RV Park
La Paz, BC Mexico
01152-612-124-6090

Casa Blanca RV Park
La Paz, BC Mexico
01152-612-124-0009

El Cardon Trailer Park
La Paz, BC Mexico
01152-612-124-0078

La Paz RV Park
Brecha California No. 120
La Paz, BC Mexico
01152-612-122-4480
01152-612-122-8787

Iflyfish
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2010 at 05:30 PM

or these?

La Ventana Campground
Oasis RV park
Yo Yo's Campground and Trailer park

I am not familiar with any of these.

Iflyfish
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-14-2010 at 06:42 PM

Quote:
or these?

La Ventana Campground
Oasis RV park
Yo Yo's Campground and Trailer park

I am not familiar with any of these.

Iflyfish

La Ventana campground is where you came to visit us with Comitan. No services but fairly clean showers and a very nice beach.

Yoyo's is on the right just before you get to La Ventana's main campground. It has palapas and some hook-ups. It is also quieter (in the campground but the roosters are everywhere). It has easy access to the beach.

Both are within easy walks to a few mini-mercados and nice restaurants.
You can fish out of La Ventana or Los Muertos is 15-20 minutes drive.
Our friends from Washington own and run the Casa Verde B&B near Yoyo's if you need any assistance while you're there.
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2010 at 06:52 AM

Diver,

Of course! I recall La Ventana and your "walk like an Egyptian" son on his surf board!! Cracked me up. Good times there.

I must be getting old, wait, wait, I am getting old.

Thanks for the orientation, going this winter?

Iflyfish
longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2010 at 08:43 AM

Quote:
Any info on these?

Los Aripez RV Park
La Paz, BC Mexico
01152-612-124-6090

Casa Blanca RV Park
La Paz, BC Mexico
01152-612-124-0009

El Cardon Trailer Park
La Paz, BC Mexico
01152-612-124-0078

La Paz RV Park
Brecha California No. 120
La Paz, BC Mexico
01152-612-122-4480
01152-612-122-8787

Iflyfish

Los Aripez RV Park = On the beach & on the hwy in El Centenario....IF it's still in operation, you'd HATE it, it was a filthy dive....nothing personal Diver! :lol:....10 years ago & there was an ever present essence of raw sewage wafting over the area from their bano/shower building 24 x 7.

Casa Blanca RV Park = On the hwy in Fidepaz, right across the street from the Fidepaz hospital. Very clean, very well kept park, hwy noise might be a problem if your sensitive to that. Older mature trees around the area for shade. Of what's available in La Paz area, this would be my #1 recommendation.

El Cardon Trailer Park = Turned into a gated housing enclave 7-9 years ago.

La Paz RV Park = :?::?::?: I did a search on GoogleEarth for "Brecha 120, La Paz, BCS" & it went straight to a point in town near the water, I'm not personally familiar with that area, but I'm thinking it might possibly be another name for the former Aquamarine RV park....but that's just a guess, because of the distinct shortage of RV parks in this area, waterfront of otherwise. Maybe Jack Swords or someone else more familiar with that area could shed more light.....?

There's an area at Tecolote where RV's are always parked above the beach, but Tecolote would be more of a logistics problem for convenience to town than Campestre Marantha in Chametula.

So....in town that I'm familiar with....Casa Blanca would be your best bet & approx. 15 minutes out of town I'd recommend Campestre Marantha.

Someone recently took a cab from downtown La Paz to my place on the far end of El Centenario (near the El Comitan/CIB road/PEMEX junction) & it amazed me that the fare was only $150 pesos.

Hope this helps. If all else fails, you could always park in my side yard for an awesome view of the bay & gorgeous night views of the lights of La Paz across the bay....but you'd have to go approx 1/2 - 3/4 mile if you want to dig your toes in the beach sand!:lol:
BajaBruno
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 7-15-2010 at 09:04 AM

Campestre Marantha is worth a visit just to be near Cafe Exquisito. I think the cafe is named after the young lady who owns it.

Christopher Bruno, Elk Grove, CA.
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2010 at 09:44 AM

Thanks again, great info and a generous offer longlegsinlapaz. We have really enjoyed La Paz! We will check out both the cafe and the beautiful lady it is named after. Mrsfish and I both enjoy good food and beauty.

There is some great birding to be had in La Paz and I will post at a later date with an inquiry as to best locations.

Iflyfish
Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2010 at 12:50 PM

Here's a thread earlier this year on a similar topic. La Paz RV Park was closed (but still intact, unlike El Cardon). It's down near the big tower condo and the kids playground, across from the water.

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=42833#pid4893...
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2010 at 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBruno
Campestre Marantha is worth a visit just to be near Cafe Exquisito. I think the cafe is named after the young lady who owns it.

I could be wrong but I think that the name of the coffee shops(at least there used to be more than one) simply means delicious. There are a lot of hot days stands with the same name. I have asked myself several times how a bacon wrapped hot dog could possibly be exquisite. I believe that it is an adjective not someone's name.

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 7-15-2010 at 02:31 PM

I am guessing it's a guy thing, Judy.

A woman definitely can be exquisito.

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2010 at 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
I am guessing it's a guy thing, Judy.

A woman definitely can be exquisito.

exquisita
I am really asking for it, arent I....

:dudette:
Back on topic
I would take legs up on her offer!
edited for clarity

[Edited on 7-16-2010 by bajajudy]

Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2010 at 07:55 PM

Afraid you did step into that one Judy!

I hope we can get to know some other Nomads on this trip down the Baja, after going through Skeets gauntlet in CC.

I would love to meet Legs and other Nomads when there. May be time for a party?!

Thanks Jack, appreciate the link.

Iflyfish
rsadcock

[*] posted on 12-27-2012 at 11:32 AM
AquaMarina RV Park

AquaMarina RV Park has officially re-opened again! We have twelve beautiful spaces and have made many improvements to the Park. We now have three apartments for short or long term rental. No pool. There is good WiFi coverage throughout the Park.
Still have that fantastic waterfront setting! All Baja Nomads are welcome to come and visit us.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.