Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Tent Camping Security
El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2004 at 11:31 AM

The best camper for Baja. Carry your gear under the bed and on the roof if you need to. Nothing to break. Best of all, it keeps you out of the wind.
http://www.callencamper.com/product1.htm
I think sleeping in a high wind in a tent is the worst. In my Callen camper I gently rock and feel smug as hell.

I carry my Baja kitchen and other supplies in big Rubbermaid boxes which slide in under the bed. We can sleep in the camper with all our gear if we don't feel like unpacking. Longboards go on the ceiling with bungies.

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.
mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2004 at 02:44 PM

If you do tent or other camp with out a camp watcher don't put it in plain sight of a beach. Last year in 3 different places near BOLA camps were ripped off, two by boat, one by Quad. One group were experinced Baja campers who where on a research project and lost $1000,s including a 3k laptop, but all their books and papers were left, they were so embarrassed that they would not report it and asked if I would not, they left Baja probably never to return. The other group found quad tracks and that was all in a very isolated area. The third group did report the theft which was by boat and even Id'ed the boat but nothing was proven ,they watched from a distance as their gear was taken.The first incident was by a boat also and in a very isolated area. I was first upon the scene of two of these incidents and present when the other was reported.

Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 9-12-2004 at 11:13 PM

Franko has the best solution. Been there, done them all. Spoiled rotten with my Pop-Up on a Tacoma.
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 9-12-2004 at 11:17 PM

Curses! I'm not Anonymous, I'm Neal Johns with that last post!

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2004 at 11:28 PM

We started with a custom fit tarp over a utility rack on an '86 F-250, moved to a Callen, now we have a pop-up. We love it.

:biggrin:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2004 at 11:28 PM

MAGA

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2004 at 11:38 PM

McGyver

:fire:Ripoffs,suck. Sometimes all one can do is be vigilant,prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Marian has trained Neal well! :lol::lol::biggrin::saint:

MAGA

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-12-2004 at 11:45 PM

Matt, the photo looks like you found a home at El Requeson!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2004 at 05:28 PM

elgatoloco, Youv'e given me a huge case of Baja fever with those pictures, Thanks

mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2004 at 05:50 PM

Well , I have a couple of good pictures of Neals poptop camper but I can not get them to post! Brain dead.
What brand is your Poptop ,elgatoloco?
I can't wait to get back to Baja and hear coyotes insteed of sirens and 18 wheelers.!

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2004 at 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcgyver
Well , I have a couple of good pictures of Neals poptop camper but I can not get them to post! Brain dead.
What brand is your Poptop ,elgatoloco?
I can't wait to get back to Baja and hear coyotes insteed of sirens and 18 wheelers.!

The first photo is the old Callen Camper shell , the second photo is our Four Wheel pop top with 3 way fridge, two burner stove, electric lights & fan,queen size bed over the cab-just stop and pop the top and then pop a cold one. Maybe we will see you at Malarrimo?? :coolup::biggrin:

MAGA

mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-13-2004 at 09:56 PM

Yep, That is what I have, a "Four Wheel" but it is an older model and does not have a queen size bed over the top, about a 1/2 size. We use that for stowage at night anyway. Yes we are still planning on Malarrimo, looks like it will have to be the very last of October ( and still hot) or more likely November.
Butch from Punta Bufeo is going for sure and there are a couple of other maybes that wiil get firmed up soon probably.
Butch is bringing VW rails, Corky from Prescott is a almost for sure and is bringing his dirt bikes. I was going to tow my Geo behind the Tacoma but now I think I will not. There will be plenty of beach machines I am sure.
I am still planing San Borja and Bahia Guadalupe after Malarimmo.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.