BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: RV park near the Hotel Oasis in Loreto
geomike
Junior Nomad

Mood: feeling an irresistable pull towards Baja...

[*] posted on 8-11-2010 at 10:35 PM
RV park near the Hotel Oasis in Loreto

Hey folks, hope you can help me. I am looking for an RV park near the Oasis Hotel just off the Malecon in Loreto.

Saw this "parK" just west of the hotel when we were there this spring (by the way the Oasis hotel is AWESOME! highly recommend it and don't miss out on the clam bake...possibly the tastiest appetizer Ive ever had!) does anyone know if the place in the picture is operational?

Nobody was around in May 1 when we were there.

Any recommendations for RV parks in Loreto is welcome but specifically wanted to know about this place.

[img][/img]

Thanks in advance!

Mike

You are entitled to your own opinions...not your own facts.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2010 at 05:58 AM

http://www.ontheroadin.com/baja/bajarvparks/rivieradelmar.ht...

It doesn't get nicer than the Riviera. North on the Malecon till it deadends, left turn for couple blocks, then right and it's on the left.

Oasis was a dirt lot when I checked years ago.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2010 at 09:13 AM

I think your photo is of the Palmas Altas, which is a couple of blocks west the the Oasis. It does seem like a pleasant park which has been around for a long time, but I agree with Lee. By far the nicest trailer park in Loreto is the Riviera.
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2010 at 10:09 AM

Hola, rivera rv park is the nicest rv park. owners are hands on and keep the park extremely well and the bonus is, they have a restaurant on site that is very good as well but, the restaurant is seasonal.

they have the cleanest bathrooms and showers and in addition, there are a couple of areas that can be used by tenters.

there are signs on telephone posts showing the way and it is recommended that you make a reservation as they only have 25 rv spaces and i have seen it full whenever there is a caravan.

RIVERA DEL MAR RV PARK AND CAMPING
25 FULL HOOKUPS
011-52-613-135-0718
E = LANYVALL@YAHOO.COM.MX
FRANCISCO I. MADERO NORTE NO. 100
C.P. 23880 LORETO B.C.S. MEX.
WWW.RIVERADELMAR.COM

in the event you need a hotel room, hotel angra is highly recommended as it's a newer boutique hotel also with very hands on owners and is less expensive than the bigger hotels. it's walled and gated and has a very large parking area but cannot accomodate high profile units as there is an arched entryway.

Hotel Angra, Loreto, B.C.S.
Phone: 6131351172
ana.carranza@hotelangra.com
www.hotelangra.com
a. Hotel In Loreto - Hotel Angra is a new hotel in Loreto, spacious&secure parking lot, spacious rooms, hot water, wireless internet in the rooms. Visit our web page. - Ana Carranza, ana.carranza@hotelangra.com, www.hotelangra.com, 6131351172, Loreto

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 8-12-2010 at 10:35 AM

The property shown in your picture is just a private property with some trailers on it, I believe. Not a park. And it's adjacent to the Oasis. Recognize their entry way.
I concur with the folks about Rivera. The nicest in Loreto. Little hard getting in and out with a larger unit, but very nice.

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
geomike
Junior Nomad

Mood: feeling an irresistable pull towards Baja...

[*] posted on 8-12-2010 at 05:28 PM

As always the Nomads come thru! thanks for all the info I will definitely check out the Riviera Del Mar.

Too bad about the private lot.... though what a location!:light:

Thanks again

Mike

You are entitled to your own opinions...not your own facts.
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 8-13-2010 at 07:28 AM

Anything that close to the Malecon would be too noisy for me, especially on weekend nights.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.