Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Northern BCS July 2010, a pictoral tour
XRPhlang
Nomad

Mood: Taco me.

[*] posted on 8-17-2010 at 12:29 PM
Northern BCS July 2010, a pictoral tour

http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww314/bontempsphil/Northe...

Sorry about, no descriptions, or GPS.

These pictures are from a 10 day 4WD/camping trip I took with friends Richard and Jeri last month.

First night, Punta Cabras, second below Guerrero Negro.....San Ignacio.....Mulege......Pacific side...and the last night Punta Santa Rosalilita.

After a very memorable hike to the adobe and rock art,(name and location I won't mention), we had a great stay at the yurts in SI. The next day we tried to go over to the Pacific via the San Jose de Magdalena/Guadalupe Mission road, but were suprised to discover that it was completely washed out at the summit, forcing us to backtrack. We ended up going over the mountains on the road that goes to La Purisma, which was also in pretty bad shape, but of course the kind of roads we were looking for. We came back to Hwy 1 via the road from Cadeje to Mulege which was pretty slow-going until the summit.

After an all-day trip back to the Gulf, we then treated ourselves to a great scallop (like) dinner at the restaurant at the rivermouth in Mulege. (sorry,I forgot its name).

We covered a lot of ground in 10 days. We met and talked to great people, like the 90 year old gentleman who has lived across the road from the Mission at La Purisma all of his life and remembers seeing it as it looked an old Arthur North photo.

Arriving at the coast and seeing the swell was up was an added bonus. Being at the coast for a few days was a relief after the heat in Mulege.

All in all a great trip. Oh yeah. Going back over the Tecate border at 8pm on Friday took 0 minutes.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-17-2010 at 12:58 PM

Nice. :yes:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-17-2010 at 01:14 PM

Wonderful trip... I love the mission stuff, naturally... It is good to see the (un-named) site looking vertually unchanged from photos of it taken 11 and 50 years ago!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaGeoff
Super Nomad

Mood: Heading To Baja!!!

[*] posted on 8-17-2010 at 04:19 PM

Great photos!

Third point looks like it was a lot of fun!

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 8-17-2010 at 04:53 PM

Quite a trip, ..... in 10 days..

Thanks for sharing, and the break is looking super...

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 08:47 AM

Thanks Phil, love the pixs. Been riding the XR?
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 11:11 AM

My kinda road trip----great pics!
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 11:29 AM

XRPhlang, Thanks for sharing.:D
tehag
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 12:31 PM

Thanks for sharing.

Certainty is the child of ignorance, knowledge is the mother of doubt. Question everything!

http://bcsbirds.com
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 06:03 PM

XRPhlang's photos at the mission vista site have been added to those on the visita's web page (with his permission, naturally): All the visitas I have photos for are here: http://vivabaja.com/missions3/

It is a remote site, requires a guide and a 3.5 mile hike from the end of the road... making it one of the most remote mission sites on the peninsula. Because of it's location, damage was mostly natural and less from treasure hunters or home builders as has happened at other mission sites over the past 150 years.

Other Baja Nomads whose photos have been included in the mission pages have credits with their photos. Jack Swords is the primary photographer in the web pages that begin here: http://vivabaja.com/bajamissions

[Edited on 8-19-2010 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 06:39 PM

XRPhlang - very nice set of photos. That last one of the sunrise/sunset over the water is spectacular.

carpe diem!
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2010 at 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT
THe adobe ruins look like San Pablo...great trip I love Baja back roads,you never know what you will find @ the end...

Jose, this was his comment on the ruins: "After a very memorable hike to the adobe and rock art,(name and location I won't mention), ..."

They look still very much as they have for over 50 years since Marquis McDonald photograped them.
David whats the point to share and not to mention the location.Most of the people have and idea where that place is.If nobody would share their locations,whats the point of BajaNomad. When I went to Palomar Canyon I share all the details an as far as I know just am few have venture in that direction, just my comment...Share Baja don't keep it to your selfs....

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2010 at 05:03 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
THe adobe ruins look like San Pablo...great trip I love Baja back roads,you never know what you will find @ the end...

Jose, this was his comment on the ruins: "After a very memorable hike to the adobe and rock art,(name and location I won't mention), ..."

They look still very much as they have for over 50 years since Marquis McDonald photograped them.
David whats the point to share and not to mention the location.Most of the people have and idea where that place is.If nobody would share their locations,whats the point of BajaNomad. When I went to Palomar Canyon I share all the details an as far as I know just am few have venture in that direction, just my comment...Share Baja don't keep it to your selfs....

I agree with you totally, José!

It is just that (before I communicated with him) he declined to mention the location, on purpose.

After you posted the location, I contacted him to not be concerned with that location being named... photos of it appear in books and web sites already and it is remote, in that it requires hours of hiking to visit. Like yours of Santa Ana, and other Nomads who have contributed to the mission pages, XRPhlang has added his photos!

The ruins won't last forever, so photos of them are the only sure way to preserve the sites, for the future.

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2010 at 07:33 PM

I fix it, got to respect the man's wishes,,, sorry I hope is not to late..

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2010 at 07:42 PM

Great Baja photos,
Where ever they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2010 at 10:24 PM

Quote:
I fix it, got to respect the man's wishes,,, sorry I hope is not to late..

I deleted my reply to your deleted post... however,you quoted yourself in your next reply... so the name is still showing there (and in my reply quoting you)! LOL

So, unless you go and edit out '(the name)' it is still there... But, as I said... it is mute point, because the site is published and is hard to get to, so no need for secrecy!

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-20-2010 at 05:06 AM

i agree...... no names!

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 8-20-2010 at 07:14 AM

Ditto's... keep it safe for a while...

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.