BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Name of new hotel at playa Los Cerritos?
ears

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 08:16 PM
Name of new hotel at playa Los Cerritos?

Does anyone know the name of the new hotel located on top of the rocks overlooking the point at Playa Los Cerritos just south of Todos Santos? Thanks
sanfelipebob
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 08:20 PM
Hacienda

http://www.haciendacerritos.com/
ledge

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 08:59 PM

Thank you very much!
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2010 at 06:47 AM

We went to Los Cerritos yesterday and noticed that PROFEPA had posted a big CLAUSURADO sign on the hotel. The local scuttlebutt is that they encroached on the federal zone when they built it. There is no way that that thing is 50 meters from the high tide line. They also encroached on ejido property. They bought a beautiful piece of property, but that wasn't enough for their grandiose plans and they used property that wasn't theirs. Personally, I hope they make them tear it down.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 8-22-2010 at 07:11 AM

you can see and read all about it at Rip to the Tip baja moto challenge run.
an unbelieveable stay experience for those with the means.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 8-23-2010 at 11:56 AM
Hacienda Cerritos

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
We went to Los Cerritos yesterday and noticed that PROFEPA had posted a big CLAUSURADO sign on the hotel. The local scuttlebutt is that they encroached on the federal zone when they built it. There is no way that that thing is 50 meters from the high tide line. They also encroached on ejido property. They bought a beautiful piece of property, but that wasn't enough for their grandiose plans and they used property that wasn't theirs. Personally, I hope they make them tear it down.

Monoloco, you have bad information.

Those same PROFEPA guys were hanging out drinking and partying at Roger's Cerritos Beach Club recently. I wouldn't count on anything serious happening there.

Roger will give Narciso a call and the whole thing will probably blow over. :yes:

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
-Nikola Tesla
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2010 at 08:13 PM

I saw the clausurado signs with my own two eyes. As far as I know Tony Cordoba owns the Cerritos Beach Club, Not Roger. Most of the people I know around here are hoping those two kill each other, I'm wondering who is going to protect them come February when Narisco is no longer governor. Maybe their days of chain link fences, open sewers, loud generators, and encroaching on the federal zone will be over.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 8-24-2010 at 05:12 AM

looks pretty nice...

[Edited on 8-24-2010 by Bob and Susan]

ho.jpg - 44kB

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
oldlady
Banned

[*] posted on 8-24-2010 at 05:39 AM

Curious, we drove up to it from the beach several months ago. The managers, caretakers, whatever gracioulsy gave us a tour of the entire place. It's a beautiful property, the finish work and detailing is wonderful. Obviously took a chunk of change to build. You'd think appropriate preliminary work would have been done before making that type of investment. Something seems a little odd.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2010 at 06:02 AM

Look at the photo that Bob posted. See the little beaches on the right? Does it look like the house is 50 meters from the high tide line?
oldlady
Banned

[*] posted on 8-24-2010 at 07:31 AM

No. And, while I'm no great judge of distance, it didn't look like 50 meters when I was there either. Nor did I intimate that in my post. I was confirming the previous post. It not only looks pretty nice, it is pretty nice. Geeeeez.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2010 at 07:40 AM

Sorry Oldlady, I wasn't commenting on your post, I was just drawing attention to the photo to make the point that he is encroaching on the federal zone.
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 8-24-2010 at 07:43 AM

Nothing that a little drug money can't resolve.:biggrin:

Or...get one of those contraptions that suck up the seabottom and deposit it on the beach and make yourself a new hightide line.:yes::?:

[Edited on 8-24-2010 by vandenberg]

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
Sunman
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2010 at 08:27 AM

I seem to recall them posting here on Nomad last summer during the Jimena watch maybe they will chime in? Or not. Why jump into the viper pit.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-24-2010 at 10:44 AM

perhaps they have the federal zone concession which would allow for some structures

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 8-24-2010 at 12:06 PM

Monoloco,
I stand corrected. As I understand it, Tony Cordoba owns the Federal beach concession, but it was Roger's $$$ that built the Cerritos Beach Club.

And yes, you are correct that there is a clausurado orden against the Hacienda Cerritos. But knowing Roger, and how tenacious he is, this is just a bump in the road on his path to build his beautiful development at Cerritos.

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
-Nikola Tesla
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-24-2010 at 01:20 PM

Loretana, I wouldn't imagine that it took a whole lot of money to build that plywood shack they call the Cerritos Beach Club, which is just a vehicle to sell real estate. Sometime when you are driving in there, stop and check out where their sewage goes, it's the big gaping hole full of sewage about 100 yards before the gate right next to the road on the north side. In the winter I've seen it full to the top and overflowing the tanks on almost a daily basis. It's in an arroyo and the first time it flows all that poop will wash right on to the beach. Those guys care nothing for the environment or the esthetics of the beach or the ocean, all they care about is making money and will step on anyone who gets in their way. The beautiful development you refer to is just another real estate scam. I have heard that Roger is already trying to unload that white elephant he built on the point. i have been using that beach for 30 years and as far as I'm concerned they have completely trashed the place trying to turn it into Los Cabos. Oh, and by the way, when Roger was building that grand monument to himself on the point, banks were taking a haircut to the tune of millions of dollars on his real estate developments in Oregon.

[Edited on 8-24-2010 by monoloco]
SurfDude

[*] posted on 9-7-2013 at 10:21 AM

Hola, forum members, spent some time in Cerritos recently and heard most of what I've read so far from locals and the townspeople. Definitely a beautiful place, but looking at the website video, its obvious that it was taken years ago, the places are covered in rust and maintnetance is only done when absolutely necessary, and sometimes not even then... ran into this roger dude at pool at the hacienda, there was a line of guests waiting to get his attention to ask about power/water and maintenance issues, he entertained none of them, instead kept his attention on two prostitutes that he brought in for he and another of his much older guests, (Gross). Didn't get a good feel for him or his organization, his staff trying to keep up the place was very nice but obviously overworked and less than capable with what little they had to work with. The comments of sexual abuse and flat out not paying the maids there from people in town also is very disheartnening. Of course I understand that there are two sides to every story, which is why I would have liked to talk to the man that I was helping to line his pockets, but we were not able to gain an audience, nor catch up to him at any other point, so I only have the point of views that we have heard from locals, other guests and timeshare owners. When all the comments and information from different people from all different walks of life add up to the same picture, it would seem reasonable to believe at least a little of it....
Overall, there is no question to the beauty of the place, its just a shame that looking over the railings, (Any of them) at the hacienda rewards you with a view of trash and bottles littered everywhere, and now there's an added bonus of roof tiles strewn all over the beach and rocks from the workers tossing them off the damaged roof onto the cliffs, instead of the trash?!
A little class goes a long way, and at this point, we didn't see much. Sounds like its just a matter of time before this roger is removed and the government comes in and takes over and restores it to it's former glory. The place looks great in that first video, considering the shambles that it is in right now is a direct reflection of the one who owns it. Restore it to a decent place to stay and we'll consider buying in and helping boost the local economy in the process!
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2013 at 10:53 AM

Roger has plenty of class, unfortunately, it's all low. I don't know if it's true, but several real estate people and ejidatarios have told me that the ejido has gained possession of the property as a result of their lawsuit over his encroachment on ejido property and his failure to reach a settlement with them. Due to incompetent ownership, and the prospect of years of litigation, I fear that the property will continue to deteriorate and end up being a ruinous eyesore and an attractive nuisance on Los Cerritos point.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2013 at 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SurfDude
The comments of sexual abuse and flat out not paying the maids there from people in town also is very disheartnening. Of course I understand that there are two sides to every story, which is why I would have liked to talk to the man that I was helping to line his pockets, but we were not able to gain an audience, nor catch up to him at any other point, so I only have the point of views that we have heard from locals, other guests and timeshare owners.

Two sides to every story but unfortunately, in the Cerritos case, it's one sided. This place has always had bad juju. The Tony and Roger show reflects everything wrong in the area. It would be nice to see these hustlers disappear. One day.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.