Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: BajaNomad Visitor Stats
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 8-26-2010 at 01:02 PM
BajaNomad Visitor Stats

Saw a comment on one of the threads just now that was a guess at how many visitors are on the site each day... and thought some would be curious as to what the actual current stats are.

In general, there have typically been somewhere from 10,000-15,000 "unique visitors" per month on the site, and that can change throughout the year depending on what season it is, and how many people are getting ready to take a trip south. Also, when there's been extreme weather situations in the past few years, the traffic has spiked tremendously (and is covered in another thread in the Announcements forum).

As of the past month, there have been:
- 1900-2500 visits each day.
- From 900-1300 unique visitors per day.
- 11,988 unique visitors in total for the past month.
- 657,512 page views in total for the past month.

-
Doug

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2010 at 02:14 PM

Nice! Hope you get mucho mas sponsers!
It's the best website for wanting to know what's going on down here from many diferent perspectives.

Thumbs up!:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Always looking over ones shoulder is no way to live.
Help stop the cowerdice involved in cyberbullying:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5270535_fight-adult-cyberbullying.ht...
BajaNuts
Super Nomad

Mood: no worry, no hurry....it's all good!

[*] posted on 8-26-2010 at 08:14 PM

and KUDOs to you Doug for keeping it going.

Thanks for posting the stats. Sometimes we don't realize how many people view what we write.

irenemm
Senior Nomad

Mood: relaxed

[*] posted on 8-26-2010 at 08:21 PM

Thank you very much for this site.
I have seen and learned so much on this in the last year. Having lived here for almost 30 years this has giving me the chance to see what everyone else does.
thank you again for the wonderful source of information.
Irene
Posada Don Diego

stop and visit us

http://www.posadadondiego.com
see us on facebook
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2010 at 06:08 AM

Doug, I'll add my thanks to that. I continue to learn every day. Thanks for staying through thick and thin. Easy enough when the forum regulars and new visitors ride your logo "Peace, Love and Fish Tacos", harder at times when the few Neo N-zi redneck skinhead mood comes over them, members new and old, and they add "Burn em out, vandalize, punch em in the face, then kill em with a 38 slug fired from your flare gun".
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 8-27-2010 at 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNuts
...and UDOs to you Doug for keeping it going.

Thanks for posting the stats. Sometimes we don't realize how many people view what we write.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2010 at 02:24 PM

Thank you very much for your maintaining this amazing forum for things Baja. I know that yours has not been an entirely easy ride, it hasn’t been all Peace, Love and Fish Tacos. It’s also been an incredible source of real time information on what is going on in Baja.

This site has provided an invaluable service during times of environmental catastrophe and personal tragedy. Nomads have rallied to provide direct assistance to each other and to the people of Baja in times of crisis. Baja Nomads has provided a forum for a very diverse group of people to gather around the digital camp fire and share stories, memories, history, philosophy, cross cultural information and insight, road conditions, restaurant reviews, surfing and fishing reports, tall tales and various forms of Baja bravado! It is unique to have a group of people with such diverse backgrounds come together to share their observations, experiences, insights, awareness’s, ideas, thoughts and feelings with each other. The cross cultural nature of the forum also provides a unique opportunity to learn more about culture, customs, anthropology, auto craft, road racing, zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance, geology, sociology, psychology, history, and how to make a darn good margarita and flame throwers.

I had no idea so many people were viewing this site, gives one pause. It reminds me to watch my burro and my manners.

There are lifelong friendships that have formed over the years on this site. It is not the rocks we will reflect upon when the curtain is coming down on our individual dramas.

The level of dialogue on this site has ranged from post graduate seminar to bar room brawl and we have people on this site who have mastered both.

Herding a group of cats like this is an incredible undertaking and I for one very much appreciate your care and feeding of our forum even if you have deleted some of my more colorful, insightful, intelligent and at times tangential posts.

Mrsfish and I are planning another extended trip down the Baja in our 24' motor home this winter, Oct – Jan at least. We plan to bird, photograph, fish, see old friends and hope to meet more of those who contribute to this forum. If you would be interested in meeting us on our winter trip down the Baja please U2U me and let’s see what we can arrange. Like my father used to say when visiting friends and relatives “it’s a Polish vacation son, sitting on your neighbors stoop”.

Iflyfish

edited to add surfing to list of topics, don't want to leave out those who hang ten!

[Edited on 8-27-2010 by Iflyfish]
bajamigo
Super Nomad

Mood: hubimos llegado

[*] posted on 8-27-2010 at 03:04 PM

My wife (bajabound2005) and I manage a Yahoo group for our local community. In the three years we've been "in business," we've had less that 20% of the page views that this board has had in a month. If views correlate with message activity, our hats are off to Doug. Keeping order in this asylum is a truly monumental task, and we appreciate it.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2010 at 03:23 PM

We're all well trained and behaved. :lol:

Does everybody click on the STATS button up near the top? There are some interesting bits of info there as well.

Another area of interest to some is the BANNED list. Click on MEMBERS LIST above, then status, then the last page of the list which today is 130. It goes back a few pages and reads like a Rogue's Gallery.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-27-2010 at 04:11 PM

Quote:

We're all well trained and behaved

speak for yourself, bub!

BTW, the few (counting on both hands) folks i've managed to meet IN BAJA because of this site have been fine examples of the human race.

i only wish they'd quit asking where i like to surf......

thanks Doug!

BMG
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2010 at 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad

As of the past month, there have been:

- 1900-2500 visits each day.

Doug
That's Dennis, how about visits from the rest of us?

I think the world is run by C- students.
PJPadilla

[*] posted on 8-27-2010 at 07:08 PM

I'm new around here, but can clearly understand the popularity. Congratulations, and continued success.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2010 at 08:44 PM

I had NO idea ... the stats are truly overhwhelming .... Congratulations Doug - I can't imagine how you keep up but thank goodness you do. I planned my entire Copper Canyon Trip on what I read about here. I had no time to surf the internet, both Les and I were crazy busy yet we had a week to get away and did not want to lose that chance !!

All the people I have met thru this site have been great specimens of our human race !!
Shari :tumble: Zoe :tumble: Mulegena :tumble: Mick :tumble: BajaCat :tumble: some wonderful folks from Abreojos :tumble: some wonderful folks in Ensenada :tumble: some wonderful folks in the US. To be honest, my projects would be so successful were not for this site !!!

So, I owe many thanks. THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS THANKS

@ mr and mrs fish - come to la bocana for sure .... I bet you have never been !! :light:

[Edited on 8-28-2010 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 06:13 AM

Blanca - we may stop in for a night or two oct 8-18 when we will be in BA. always wanted to check out the coast north of Abre. will let you know closer it gets.

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-2-2011 at 04:44 PM
Feb 1st stats info

Different stats, just 'cause I saw this:

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
....does not the whole world read BajaNomads with thier coffee? ;)

Over the past 6 months, here's where most visitors are congregated worldwide (mostly in Baja and the western USA) - along with total # of "visits" in that time period...

mapoverlay-bajanomad-past6months.jpg - 17kB

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-2-2011 at 04:46 PM

List of the top 30 cities where site visitors are at over the past 6 months - and how many visits from there.

top30cities-bajanomad-past6months.jpg - 49kB

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2011 at 05:47 PM

Inasmuch as that until only recently, Baja, and what has become it's biggest tourist draw, Cabo, were only really visited by folks in the SW US and up the West coast. Mostly because the airlines only offered flights from a few cities. That, and the fact that driving to Baja was obviously more attractive to those living close to the border.

So, where is this "Garden City"?? Texas? Just curious because I went to college in Garden City. New York.
BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 2-2-2011 at 06:49 PM

Baja is a very singular part of the planet that attracts a very unique crowd and BajaNomad is THE spot on the web to find where the two cross.

Congratulations Doug...

longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2011 at 07:15 PM

Hmmmmmmm.....Why is La Paz in #1 and #5 positions?:?: What kind of secret designation categories are you breaking us fine folks of La Paz into?:lol:
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 2-2-2011 at 07:19 PM
Baja Nomads is our morning and evening newspaper.

Doug, I get emails from amigos all over the world who say they check in to see what's happening in Baja, a place they have all visited and are looking forward to returning here soon. They share that common thread with all of us regulars...a love of Baja.

One close friend is an airline pilot who checks the site from wherever he is in the world for an overnigt stay. We often cross paths on Skype...but with about 10 hours difference in our local times. ;)

Viva Nomads..and thanks for the work you do to give this site to all of us 'characters.'

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.