Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5
Author: Subject: THREATS FROM FAST EDDY
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 10:07 AM
THREATS FROM FAST EDDY

I received this U2U today, AM. It's a threat for legal action by eddy the fraud:

"I found out that you participated in a crime of difamation againts me and my legal firm and my associates.

As you well know this is a crime in Mexico and we at CAN-AM-MEX will see that it is reported to the MP.

I am a a lawyer in Mexico and I am Mexican."
------------------------------

Here's the thread he refers to:

http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=46537#pid5320...

---------------------------------------------

He followed up with this U2U:

DENNIS...READ BELOW AND TELL ME THAT THERE IS MORE THAN ONE DENNIS ON BAJANOMAD.

MORDIDA IN CONSTITUCION
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BAJA.DESERT.RAT - 7-19-2010 at 12:42
Hola, this was posted on the bajaponyexpress3 and may be helpful in resolving the mordida issue.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

Anyone who have been having problems with the police in Constitution do send me a short report on the incident indicating what happened and date or as close as possible,
I will personally present said complaints to the Municipal President during my next visit in Constitution,
Lic. Jacques-Edouard Beaulne,
Can-am-mex-law-firm@hotmail.com
612 348-9793
I remain,
EDDY
Cel: (612) 348-9793

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DENNIS - 7-19-2010 at 13:29
Quote:
Originally posted by BAJA.DESERT.RAT

I will personally present said complaints to the Municipal President during my next visit in Constitution,
612 348-9793
I remain,
EDDY

http://www.can-am-mex.com/index.html

Pretty impressive....

BajaNomad - 7-19-2010 at 13:44
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by BAJA.DESERT.RAT

612 348-9793
I remain,
EDDY

http://www.can-am-mex.com/index.html

Pretty impressive....
fyi...

That's the same Eddy that's posting here regarding the El Cardonal property/business north of La Paz:
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=46687

DENNIS - 7-19-2010 at 13:50
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
That's the same Eddy that's posting here regarding the El Cardonal property/business north of La Paz:

Which, with his credentials, makes his statement about zero crime all the more ludicrous. Makes me wonder how much fantasy there is in his self-promotion.
Thanks, Doug.

bajajudy - 7-19-2010 at 14:14
Quote:

No to be picky but this property is actually south of La Paz.

Bajahowodd - 7-19-2010 at 14:31
Kinda figured that was our same friend Eddy when I saw the first post. He's sure getting around, eh?

[Edited on 7-19-2010 by Bajahowodd]

Bajahowodd - 7-19-2010 at 14:36
Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
Quote:

Picky is OK. I knew where the property was. Actually been there. Just had a brainfart when writing the post.

Iflyfish - 7-19-2010 at 15:06
Important that people do what they can. One never knows where the ripples from a pebble will land and with what force. Butterfly wings in Brazil and winds in Kansas etc.

Iflyfish

BajaNomad - 7-19-2010 at 15:24
Quote:
Originally posted by bajajudy
Quote:

Ooops... I knew that too.... south of Muertos (or Suenos depending on which way you "look at it"). Driven that road through there too... DOH.

-
Doug

BajaNomad - 7-19-2010 at 16:56
Quote:

Someone has communicated to me their concerns about how ineffective this might be towards achieving positive results if this individual is involved - and given me permission to repost the following comments they shared with me:

"I went there at the behest of the seller to initiate a fideicomiso on a land purchase four years ago. On the initial visit, I provided Beaulne the paperwork proving taxes were current and no outstanding liens existed on the property.

He demanded just over $2,000 USD and told me he'd call when the paperwork was completed and ready to sign. Two months later he hadn't done any work on the fideicomiso at all. The documents I'd given him had expired and he told me I'd have to provide current documents. I refused and requested he refund my $2,000+ since his firm had done nothing toward initiating my fideicomiso. Beaulne's lack of actions nearly cost me my $160,000 peso down payment and the purchase of that land. He refused to refund my money, told me that our dealings were over and walked out of his office.

My personal experience in legal dealings with Lic. Jacques-Edouard Beaulne have proven him to be unscrupulous, dishonest, unethical and unprofessional."

DENNIS - 7-19-2010 at 17:31
As "unscrupulous, dishonest, unethical and unprofessional" as this man seems to be, I can't help but doubt his offer to help was made without an ulterior motive. it doesn't seem that altruism is part of his game.

bajabass - 7-19-2010 at 18:01
Gosh Dennis, you read all of that between the lines? I was gonna have the missus go give it a look-see! Just joshin ya bud. Seriously though, thanks for sharing that info Doug. Just one more person to steer clear of in the future!

DENNIS - 7-19-2010 at 18:06
Quote:
Originally posted by bajabass
Gosh Dennis, you read all of that between the lines?

No...I ripped off this part from Doug's post:
"unscrupulous, dishonest, unethical and unprofessional"

I don't know that many big words.------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm just wondering if he's been pestering anyone else?

I won't bother showing my replies. Three inches of this ****************************************************************************************************************************************************** *****
wouldn't make much sense.
jak
Banned

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 10:21 AM

Drumming up some work?

\"If you don\'t stand for something you will fall for anything.\" Soupy Sales
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 10:34 AM
Sounds serious

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS

"I found out that you participated in a crime of difamation againts me and my legal firm and my associates.

As you well know this is a crime in Mexico and we at CAN-AM-MEX will see that it is reported to the MP.

I am a a lawyer in Mexico and I am Mexican."

My advice is to retain proper legal counsel.

Preferably, one who can spell.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 10:47 AM

care to enlighten us how you plan to "prove" defamation?

i got a box of ballenas to give to Big D's legal defense fund!

Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 10:52 AM

I have had my masculinity, intellect, patriotism, and my ism's all challenged on Nomads. This is part and parcell of entering into this forum. One takes the risk of being flamed. Discussions often devolve into negativity. This happens when people disagree.

I have read Eddies posts and appreciated his weighing in with an offer to talk with Baja authorities regarding the issue of Police Extortion in Ciudad Constitution. I appreciated his post and efforts on all of our behalf.

Mrsfish and I have considered staying in his great looking place on the Cape and his positive contribution on the issue of Police Extortion of Nomads led me to his site. We may still do so.

I can understand Eddie's hurt feelings over the posts. These things can sting. There are always contrary opinions expressed on Nomads and I always use my own judgement and consider the source when reading negative posts. I have seen wonderful people get "bad press" and I have had my share. Like most on this site I maintain an open mind. Bad press is press and many seek out such press just to get their faces in front of a larger audience. Some believe that any "news" that exposes ones name is good "news" because it increases public awareness that they exist. Hollywood stars and pols often engage in this sort of publicity seeking.

It would be most unfortunate for Eddy to follow through on this as it would posit him in a very bad light on this highly viewed forum. He would be much better served to post good things that are happening via his practice, community activities he supports, big fish, good surf, good windsurfing at his place, like many Nomads who have facilities in the Baja do. I would love to read more posts by Eddy on subjects like this. There are good people on this site who have benefited a great deal by sharing what is happening at their places on this site. I could site many examples, those who read this site on an ongoing basis could point to many.

I hope this is the end to this.

Iflyfish
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 11:14 AM

Eddy sounds like a real prick. Oops, did I just defame Eddy? Or is that his claim da fame?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view

i got a box of ballenas to give to Big D's legal defense fund!

In that case, I'll represent myself.
Thanks Woody.
MsTerieus
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 11:29 AM

Two things to note about defamation (and, presumably, dIfamation in Mx. as well):

Expression of OPINION is not defamation.

Truth is a complete defense.
b1
Junior Nomad

Mood: Kicked it in neutral; hang'n cool.

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 11:42 AM

MsTerieus sets forth two tenets regarding defamation. I would offer a third....one also has to prove there is some $ damage. Often a hard thing to establish.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
i got a box of ballenas

Hey, are they cold? I'll be right over.
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 11:47 AM

b1 welcome

Always looking over ones shoulder is no way to live.
Help stop the cowerdice involved in cyberbullying:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5270535_fight-adult-cyberbullying.ht...
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MsTerieus
Truth is a complete defense.

Maybe in San Francisco. Down here, truth is for sale. Opinions are for sale. And, so are judgements.
Everything here is for sale to the highest bidder.

You're having trouble exorcising your US legal training. Reality changes at the border.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 11:56 AM

Dennis.... "Fast Eddy"... would be a great title for a Movie!

Check out Fast Eddy's pellet cooker~
http://www.pelletcooker.com/

[Edited on 8-28-2010 by Bob H]
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 12:04 PM

Ah ...threats and problems.

A certain Baja character nicknamed Mateo the Bull would often tell me that he could..'make any problem disappear for 500 bucks.' Of course this was back in the Good Ol Days.

Today you'll have to add another zero...or two.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
Ah ...threats and problems.

A certain Baja character nicknamed Mateo the Bull would often tell me that he could..'make any problem disappear for 500 bucks.' Of course this was back in the Good Ol Days.

Today you'll have to add another zero...or two.

Roger, that is "gute scheisse"
Bob H
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

eureka.gif posted on 8-28-2010 at 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Iflyfish
I have had my masculinity, intellect, patriotism, and my ism's all challenged on Nomads. This is part and parcell of entering into this forum. One takes the risk of being flamed. Discussions often devolve into negativity. This happens when people disagree.

Iflyfish

It is worse than that, iflyfish!

This is perpetrated by the extreme fringe of one ideology. I too have received this kind of treatment here. I have just been informed that my name, and stories that are untrue about me and my family, have recently shown up on another blog, too. I have never even peeked at that blog, nor will I.

This kind of hate is encouraged as a tactic by a political party. Some politicians and media personalities are the facilitators. They deliver false messages over and over, ad nauseum. The purpose is to manipulate mass followers. The objective is to divide and conquer in order to win elections.

Personally, I despair at the way our people have been divided by this tactic, to the point that common ground cannot be found. Not that it couldn't, but because we are intimidated by bully tactics; threats, name calling, lies, people brandishing weapons in public places, and in some cases having our lives threatened. It happened to me. That is the extension of this tactic if followed through by malevolent, soulless miscreants.

This is what has evolved with the advent of online non-etiquette. It is a lot easier to flame by long distance than it is face to face. Those who would do so are basically cowards. Those of you who follow my posts know that my main complaint is the rudeness that occurs so often here. Civility makes resolution possible.

This is NOT an indictment of Dennis! He has disagreed with me often, but I have found him to call me on some of my opinions emphatically, but without malice...and sometimes with humor. I do not know "Eddy", but would encourage him to drop it.

Iflyfish is attempting to diffuse the bad feelings that have occurred in this string and crossed the border. That is a good thing! We readers cannot judge this, but we can hope to encourage the principals to take a step back, catch a breath and let it go.

I am not going to start a law suit against those who are ridiculing me and spreading lies on another website. They are drawing false conclusions by my posts on BajaNomad. They do not know me, so they are nobody to me. They can kiss my a**. Anybody who does know me would never say those things about me because they know my character.

Eddy- you can take the high road too. Forget it! It is not important. Being a lawyer, you have more important and productive things to do.

:smug:

surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 12:57 PM

Why doesn't someone just buy this land and this will all be over?:rolleyes:
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by surfer jim
Why doesn't someone just buy this land and this will all be over?:rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol:

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 01:08 PM

was Eddy an Air Canada flight attendant for 19 years?
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 8-28-2010 at 01:10 PM

Tony, you can't live and own things in Baja very long without someone taking a shot at you. Figuratively speaking, of course...

...at least most of the time it's figuratively. There was that certain crazy

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.