Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  66    68    70  ..  77
Author: Subject: San Diegan To Hike Baja Peninsula
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2011 at 12:02 AM

Lot's of BEERs dotting the way down. Nice!

Looking forward to Mike making his destination. Fasinating story!

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
bajacalifornian
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2011 at 11:58 AM

Mike's words, "I will be coming in thru the mountains because the coast is just too much trouble". He will eventually make his way past the Cabo San Lucas Airport (CSL) to the finish line.

American by birth, Mexican by choice.

Signature addendum: Danish physicist — Niels Bohr — who said, “The opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth.
Jeff Petersen
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-8-2011 at 12:06 PM

Thanks Jeff... I just checked Mike's tracker and no signal today (so far)... Do you know when he will leave Pescadero?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajacalifornian
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2011 at 12:10 PM

No, but the guys there will likely respond.

Signature addendum: Danish physicist — Niels Bohr — who said, “The opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth.
Jeff Petersen
dtutko1
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2011 at 03:28 PM

Mike is enjoying the local hospitality. He was invited to stay in a small casita near the beach with his own bed. Don-Kay has another local burro "Einstein" he sings with there. And Solo...well she's solo. He currently plans to take off Sat. am 3/12 for Cabo.

Dorado Don
dtutko1
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2011 at 03:33 PM
Mike and Jeff

Here's a shot of Mike and the Bajacalifornian

Mike and Donkay 003.JPG - 38kB

Dorado Don
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2011 at 03:35 PM

Amigos, Mike has holed awhile to time his arrival in Cabo to meet with his daughters. Yes, he has changed his mind and will travel inland thru Pescadero and on to San Jacinto thru the lower hills in the shadow of the Sierra de la Laguna. The road wiggles and then connects with La Candelaria and on to Cabo San Loco! Don Kay is moving his diggs to hang with Einstein, his new donkey brother. You should hear the braying !! :yes::lol:;) Mike has been invited to another friends rustic cabanas at Casa Simpatica. Mike wants a bed to sleep in?:o I believe he is staying until Saturday. Tonites menu is Lasagna w/garlic bread! Coctails anyone?:biggrin: Love the Life I live.... Tio:cool:
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2011 at 03:44 PM

wow.... so wonderful to see the pictures and what the heck are we goona do every day when this adventure ends ?????!!!!!!!!!

:?::?::?:

I so look forward to every day's progress ... someone please come up with some scheme and make it good, so we can sit back and comment on it for a year .... hahaha ..

I see Mike has a full grown beard now ....

glad to see Don Kay has an amigo and Solo looks great !! We also love our life Tio, gotta love life

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2011 at 04:59 PM

I hope Mike become a regular on Baja Nomad and will tease us with chapters, much the way Graham did and Mike Humfreville did, before they were published!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2011 at 06:06 PM

Life is good, I wish them the very best on the rest of the walk to Cabo.
bajacalifornian
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2011 at 09:06 PM

Well Don, Tio & gang . . . kindly pass on to Mike & give us his plan:

Hi Jeff
The cruise changed our dates on us.... We are now going to be in cabo on the 16 th AND the 18 th. Not the 17th! I hope this will work out for everyone...... Please let me know
Thanks - see you soon
Tammy

Jeff Petersen
bajacalifornian
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2011 at 09:45 PM

Ship schedule:
16th Arrive Cabo 9AM sail 6PM
17th La Paz
18th Arrive Cabo 8AM sail 5PM

Jeff Petersen
dtutko1
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 06:01 AM

The stories are great and there are many. Mike is so excited, it's contageous. Will pass the news on to him today.

Dorado Don
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 07:42 AM

Todos town yesterday for a little business and tacos. Mike walked around town while we did our los de haceres. Fish tacos with volcano salsa. Even tho TS has grown it is still a lovely town with plenty of local beauties and rancheros! No artistas sighted, thank God. Mike had walked thru town and he said the policia had to break up a group of gawkers as he was blocking the road. VH1 may be on the agenda tonite at the beach. Imagine--Bikini Babes and Surfers writhing to the rythms around the bonfire!! Spring Break! Imagine Mike & Donkey with girls hanging off them like rock stars?!:lol: I couldn't make this up.:o Sometimes it pays off to party with the kids!:yes: Smiles, Tio
rmarsh

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 11:00 AM

For those of you that have been posting I would like to say thank you it has allowed me to track Mikes progress and see some of the pictures of him along the way. I’m Mike’s old neighbor/co-worker and now New York buddy miles and miles away. I traveled to Mexico with him in the past and stayed at his Dad’s place with him and I know that being in Mexico for me was complete serenity. I have not posted since Mikes journey began because I didn’t really think a posting from someone so far away would do anyone any good. I am however getting all Mike’s position e-mails everyday and have received one phone call from him back when he first started his trip. Mike is a great friend and more like a brother to me and I am so happy to see everyone has pitched in and really made his dream come true. I wish I were taking this adventure with him, although I’m sure we would consume too much Bourbon along the way. My hope is to fly to San Diego when he gets back and spend some time with him; I can’t wait to hear all about his adventure. Again thanks to all that kept this going it has been very wonderful to see his progress. If anyone reads this and see’s Mike please tell him his buddy Rob from New York say’s way to go buddy can’t wait to hear all about it.
MikeYounghusband
Nomad

Mood: Always ready for more

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 01:56 PM

Thanks Rob, wish you could have come too. Leaving on the last leg in a few days. Would be great to see you when I get home. Will have a room ready for you.

Your friend,

Mike
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2011 at 07:05 PM

Very cool... and welcome to Baja Nomad 'rmarsh' !!

Mike, congratulations on your journey's success as you near 'Land's End'!

bajacalifornian
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2011 at 01:44 PM

Just to confirm, finish line welcome is Friday, March 18th, Police station entry to Cabo. See you north of the airport Mike!

Jeff Petersen
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2011 at 12:10 AM
Mar. 11, 2011

The last planned day in El Pescadero today as Mike plans on the final leg of his adventure to Cabo San Lucas that begins tomorrow (Saturday) morning!

tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-12-2011 at 07:12 AM

Nomads, yesterday Mike and I traveled the exact track he will follow as he leaves Pescadero. Beautiful warm day. Cooler full of beer to keep hydrated! East out of town then turning south towards El
refugio. Talked the some ranchers and scouted the rustic community?? of El Refugio--abandoned park and small church. Many beautiful arroyos and a little rough going but my Tacoma is perfect truck for the narrow passings. Don Kay will have no problem with his four hooves drive! Mike had not been here before. Noted the various crossroads and came out of the foothills where we had entered before and where he will continue south to San Jacinto to Candelaria and Cabo. I kindly declined his offer to walk with him!:o:spingrin: Bucket list Cadillac Margaritas at the Hotel California:coolup: We were greeted by Don Henley in the bar! Viva Mexico. Will post later when it's time to hit the trail. Tio
 Pages:  1  ..  66    68    70  ..  77

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.