Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: El Pescador/Cantilles
noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2010 at 12:58 PM
El Pescador/Cantilles

It's official, Isaiah, who owned Cantilles has moved to take over El Pescador Restaurant !!! Menu will soon be the same as Cantilles as well as the Sunday Brunch,along with as soon as possible the same daily specials...and his entire staff came with him too.

[Edited on 10-4-2010 by noproblemo2]
krafty
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2010 at 01:05 PM

Great news-love Bahia Cantilles! Will that stay open as well?
noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2010 at 01:50 PM

Owner of the building kicked Isaiah out, she also has a lousy cook and staff so far.
Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 10-4-2010 at 04:08 PM

Well, I will have to go up to El Pescador before I leave Las Gaviotas and try it. I went to Cantilles to try it but not too impressed. Now Splash has great food and OMG their clam chowder and Lobster soup is just too good to pass up. Splash is the hot item right now and it has great food, great bar with Nick serving you and music to top it off. It is past Cantamar about 6 miles and big sign makes it hard to miss, so as you travel south past Cantamar you will find it on your right side. Take Care and Travel Safe---------- "No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-4-2010 at 06:02 PM

Isaiah is a great guy. I wish him well. See you soon Isaiah!

Always looking over ones shoulder is no way to live.
Help stop the cowerdice involved in cyberbullying:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5270535_fight-adult-cyberbullying.ht...
SteveD
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2010 at 12:08 PM

Any new reviews on the food at Cantilles or El Pescador?

We've been going to Splash since they opened. They added Chiles Rellenos to their menu (my wife's favorite) but not Fajitas (my favorite). Just have to settle for Shrimp Tacos!
noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2010 at 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SteveD
Any new reviews on the food at Cantilles or El Pescador?

We've been going to Splash since they opened. They added Chiles Rellenos to their menu (my wife's favorite) but not Fajitas (my favorite). Just have to settle for Shrimp Tacos!

So far, don't waste your money, somehow, the old owners wife will not butt out and allow Isaiah to run it his way, and we all know she ran it to the ground when her hubby brought her into help, give it a bit of time for her to be gone first, because Isaiah runs a GREAT restaurant just has to get rid of her, hopefully soon.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 11-5-2010 at 03:38 PM

Ditto's noproblem2...

Can't believe these folks "run" a business...

Isaiah, had built up an excellent little place... lots of folks there all the time.. we went over on a Friday evening.. as Isaiah kept telling us, "come on by" we all have a good time... the place was "packed" really... and it was only around 6:30 p.m.

Stayed for a couple of beers, and then we went back home.. but, could see the place looked like it would be jumping.. they had music...

Isaiah is a hard working individual ... saved all his money up, from working detailing cars in the states.. and got the lease on Cantilles... build up the business and what does the owner do... kicks him out and takes over "his" business..

Sorry move for all parties, customers, property owners and the man that makes it go...

Wish there were a way to help this guy out... he is the real deal...

It was looking so good for him, he was doing so well....

Say hi for me... when you see him..

Wiley S.

[Edited on 11-6-2010 by wessongroup]

[Edited on 11-6-2010 by wessongroup]

Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 03:16 PM

Foods good and the best band in Northern Baja!

cjesme
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 06:21 PM

Splash and Pescador are the best 2 places. I live close by both cantinas and we enjoy them immensely.

Carlita and Esteban
Mexicorn
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 06:24 PM

Splash has the best sunsets.

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 06:51 PM
That's not the way it went down....

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
Isaiah is a hard working individual ... saved all his money up, from working detailing cars in the states.. and got the lease on Cantilles... build up the business and what does the owner do... kicks him out and takes over "his" business..

Although, it wasn't because the owner of Cantiles didn't try. ;D

And, if he thinks he'll be treated any better down the street...He's dreaming. Compared to the family that owns Pescador, the Cantiles crew are rank amateurs. :rolleyes:

noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mexicorn
Foods good and the best band in Northern Baja!

Best Band and drinks, I agree !!!!!!!!!!!!
noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2010 at 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:

Although, it wasn't because the owner of Cantiles didn't try. ;D

And, if he thinks he'll be treated any better down the street...He's dreaming. Compared to the family that owns Pescador, the Cantiles crew are rank amateurs. :rolleyes:
WRONG, the owner of Cantilles has NEVER been easy to deal with, let alone don't get in her line of "fire". The family that owns El Pescador are WONDERFUL people, however, Carlos never cared for the work of running a restaurant, hence his bringing in his wife whose sole business experience is running a maid service in the states, her condition for doing it were work 3 months then 1 month vacation, leaving no one in charge. When asked about building the outside dining deck Carlos said, I can't take the restaurant to my grave, reply, gee, you can't take those trips without an income from the restaurant which was failing. Isaiah is the BEST thing that could EVER happen there. He knows quality food and home style cooking without using sub-standard food products. Ever ordered a simple taco and gotten fajita meat in it instead of the shredded, well I have. The sooner SHE is out the better for the entire community.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2010 at 06:44 AM

Must say I heard only one side, Isaiah's...

But, must say his made sense, all improvements which were needed were passed off onto him.. for any and all repairs of existing equipment. He was also in a situation where he could not obtain financing from a Bank, as he was only a lease holder not the owner of the property... he also could not obtain a line of credit based on any part of the operation... he was left with the only thing he could work with..."customer service", " good food" and " good entertainment" ...

He wanted many improvements, however they would come out of his pocket and would remain after his lease was up... no discount on rent... no working relationship between the two parties.

For a fact, I do not know if his lease was up, or in fact, what I was told by third parties was true ... he showed up and was told he was "down the road"..

We ate one time at Cantiles after Isaiah left, and it was not as good as before.. a different cook... all new help that were really green ...

And Isaiah's new working arrangements appear to be once again out of his hands ..... to such an extent that the Restaurant didn't even let him have his own menu's ... they just kept the old.. and that is what he is to fix ..

If one was buying a franchise, maybe ..... but leasing a structure for conducting business and the owner of the structure controls "what" you cook is a bit much..

Again, hope he can find a good deal on a place which will allow him to do what he is very good at: Good food, Good customer service, Good help, Good music and a strong work ethic... plus he would give away left overs from brunch to the little children that were around... pretty big heart too... in my book...

Thats my story, and I'm sticking to it...

[Edited on 11-7-2010 by wessongroup]

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2010 at 01:14 PM

Quote:
For a fact, I do not know if his lease was up, or in fact, what I was told by third parties was true ... he showed up and was told he was "down the road"..

I don't know all the particulars but I doubt that an owner dependent on the income would evict a paying tenant. Especially considering that she offered another party a lease the same week Isaiah vacated. ;D

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2010 at 03:03 PM

Since both of us don't know the facts in this case.. it may also be true, that the lease option which was attractive to the "new occupant" was not to Isaiah...

As stated Isaiah was not happy with the situation either.. his business depended on tourism, as we all know..... and business has not been all that good for most everyone down here ...

Most tourism is based on ones ability to spend "MONEY" it's really that simple.. and given the current state of California which is setting at around 20% unemployment, and no help on the horizon for the folks in the 40s, 50s and 60s crowd.... that have been laid off and have lost: their 401K's, retirement, and homes.. and now don't even have unemployment ......

Just a guess, but, don't think many from that crowd are coming back down for vacations and in all likely hood won't be investing and/or buying property either in Baja

Here is a link to a 60 Minute report on same... http://tinyurl.com/2f4dkx3

noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2010 at 04:14 PM

Update, we go there once or twice a week, last Sunday for brunch but it was horrid. Today we went again, took a look around and people were EATING, not turning around walking out the door, ISAIAH, HAS TURNED IT A 360 IN ONE WEEK !!!!!!!!! Food was outstanding, drinks and service as well, it was so good we even went back for a late lunch and again OUTSTANDING.... 3 cheers for Isaiah and his crew.............. The BBQ tri-tip and brisket will melt in your mouth and the flavor is fantastic. :bounce::bounce::bounce:
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-7-2010 at 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by noproblemo2
Update, we go there once or twice a week, last Sunday for brunch but it was horrid. Today we went again, took a look around and people were EATING, not turning around walking out the door, ISAIAH, HAS TURNED IT A 360 IN ONE WEEK !!!!!!!!! Food was outstanding, drinks and service as well, it was so good we even went back for a late lunch and again OUTSTANDING.... 3 cheers for Isaiah and his crew.............. The BBQ tri-tip and brisket will melt in your mouth and the flavor is fantastic. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

OK, where is this???????

noproblemo2
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2010 at 04:50 PM

Km 44 free road near Puerto Nuevo. New name, Fiesta @ El Pescador
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.