Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: MISSION INN- new San Quintin area motel review with photos
CasaManzana
Nomad

Mood: Naykid

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 06:17 PM
MISSION INN- new San Quintin area motel review with photos

For us, a good place to stay has always been in the San Quintin area and then to make the jump to Mulege. Just 10 miles to the north of San Quintin is Vicente Guerrero...not known for much except dust I'm guessing..until motel Mission Inn opened three weeks ago-

There are 32 rooms and a restaurant. The rooms are killer upscale with high-end stuff much like Motel Catcus in El Rosario. It's off the road enough to be quiet and some staff members speak English. They will provide a coffee maker upon request. Court yard parking right in front of your room is a high point for us. A big flat screen TV with 17 stations is in each room. Price for two is $678 pesos and reservations can be made at ' info@hotelmissioninn.com '.
The motel, or hotel as they like to call it, is fantastic but the restaurant menue does not have a single salad listed and is mostly beef and very little sea food choices. And of all things, you can get "liver and onions" if you wish:P .

Things are expensive, but at least we get a free trip around the sun once a year
krafty
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 06:38 PM

Looks really nice! hopefully their menu will improve with time
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 07:30 PM

Hola, great alternative, thank you.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
SoCal-Bob
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CasaManzana
Just 10 miles to the north of San Quintin is Vicente Guerrero...not known for much except dust I'm guessing..until motel Mission Inn opened three weeks ago-

Either at the end of 2009 or early this year (I can't recall which), they installed center dividers on the main road through town with street lights, palm-trees and other foliage. A few months ago Vicente Guerrero got a Pemex. You know you've arrived when you get a Pemex. VG is officially on the map! LOL
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2010 at 09:11 PM

nice to have another option ... thanks for posting.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2010 at 10:24 AM

Thanks for the idea but with the beach so close I always head west.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-1-2010 at 10:34 AM

One of the nicest RV parks in Baja is in COLONIA VICENTE GUERRERO, the POSADA DON DIEGO (whose owner is a Baja Nomad)... Stayed there a couple times back in 1984 for Tom Miller's Mexico West Travel Club events.

Back in time, many years earlier, the HAMILTON RANCH served the early Baja travelers... It was located just east of Colonia V. Guerrero on the south side of the Santo Domingo river.

1927 Auto Club Baja Map (note 'Guerrero Colony' on map):

[Edited on 11-1-2010 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2010 at 02:26 PM

Thanks for the photos, especially the room and the restaurant. Rooms do look very nice. It caught the corner of my eye driving south last month, mostly because of the bright color of the building. Wasn't yet open. Brings up the point that you show quite a few vehicles in the lot. Place just opened. On our trip, we found most of our usual places nearly empty.

Now, you've presented a dilemma to me. We like Jardines de Baja in San Quintin. Their restaurant is super. What to do?
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2010 at 04:16 PM

More trips to Baja to eat at more places! LOL

Has anyone checked out that huge new hotel just south of Colonet above Hwy. 1... ??

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

SoCal-Bob
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2010 at 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

Has anyone checked out that huge new hotel just south of Colonet above Hwy. 1... ??

I saw it when I drove by in October. Looked nice from the outside. I did not stop in. It is quite a distance from the towns. Seemed like an odd location.

While the buildings looked large (maybe b/c they were in the middle of nowhere with nothing to compare it to), it didn't seem like there were that many rooms.
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2010 at 12:12 PM

Looks like a very nice place. I think I saw it this past Friday on my way down to Palapas Alvino.

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2010 at 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

Haven't stayed there, but noticed the parking lot always appeared empty. I also thought it to be a weird location. I may be way off base, but the two most logical reasons for it being there are either laundering drug money, and/or getting in on the ground floor should that massive container port proposed for Colonet ever be built. That's the one that would include a new rail line headed up toward Texas. Predicted to require a huge number of construction workers, as well as permanent residents, once completed. Real estate prices will skyrocket if and when they break ground on the project.
BajaBikeNut

[*] posted on 12-13-2010 at 08:10 AM

Thanks for posting. We meant to stop and get a quick tour when we were down that way in November, but we forgot and blew right by.
schwlind
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2010 at 08:42 AM

It may have been because of the forever ongoing rumors, what have you, about the Punta Colonet port being developed... I heard about it from friends in San Antonio Del Mar... but completely forgot! When I go out later this month I'll try to get over there and report back.

Linda

Linda
Oggie
Nomad

Mood: Missing Baja

[*] posted on 12-13-2010 at 10:07 AM

The Mission Hotel/ Restuarant is owned by the same folks that own the Mission Santa Isabel restuarant just north of San Quintin

[Edited on 12-13-2010 by Oggie]

A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child.
Knights of Pythagoras

Funny how falling feels like flying
for a little while - Bad Blake
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2010 at 04:19 PM

That is a great restaurant... Hope they have the same food eventually at the new motel for their sake!

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2010 at 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oggie
The Mission Hotel/ Restuarant is owned by the same folks that own the Mission Santa Isabel restuarant just north of San Quintin

[Edited on 12-13-2010 by Oggie]

I kinda thought bout that, given the name and location. And DK is correct, the restaurant is very good. Only question I'd have is about them competing with themselves in the restaurant. I assume the old restaurant is still open and operating?:?:
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2010 at 05:19 PM

Howard,

I ate at the Mission Santa Isabel restaurant this last October.

Ken
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2010 at 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Howard,

I ate at the Mission Santa Isabel restaurant this last October.

Ken

Thanks, Ken.

However, that is just about the time the new hotel and restaurant opened. We went by in October just before it opened. Would not surprise me if they ran both. The old restaurant always had lots of locals, while I'd guess that the primary target for the new one would be tourists.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2010 at 05:34 PM

I'm guessing the old restaurant is a gold mine. They do a terrific business.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.