Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: ITZEL'S FUNDRAISING DINNER & RAFFLE ***UPDATE***
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 11-7-2010 at 09:05 PM
ITZEL'S FUNDRAISING DINNER & RAFFLE ***UPDATE***

Dear friends,

First of all, allow me to thank all of you for having such a great heart and generosity in helping Itzel… I am proud to be part of this wonderful community. Thank you!!!...( You may see the original thread about Itzel here: Itzel's Heart Operation).

Many people have joined this cause and, as a result, Andy Schouten, through his organization Commitment, Inc, has been able to arrange for Itzel to have a heart operation in Las Vegas, on November 16th, 2010… she needs our help so we can pay for the procedure… Together we can give Itzel the gift of Life!!!... if you would like to make a donation to help Itzel right now, you may click this link: Commitment at PayPal.

Now, Andy and I have put together a small Raffle Event to help out with the Fundraising for Itzel’s Heart operation… we have managed to get some nice prizes… all Baja related. Also, we are now coordinating a dinner event to take place on December 11th, 2010, in San Diego, in which Itzel and Mom will be present and the raffle will be held…EVERYONE is welcome to join us!!!

Here it is what we have put together for all of you:

Prizes:

1st prize: A fishing trip off the coast at El Rosario… The trip will be for a group of four, may be taken at any time during 2011 (as weather permits with four weeks notice), includes two nights at the BajaCactus Motel with continental breakfast and up to 25 gallons of fuel at the BajaCactus Gas Station.

2nd prize: An Hugo Lopez original painting… Hugo is a great empirical artist living in El Rosario, who has always been inspired by the beauty of the Baja Desert. The painting title is “Cirios al Atardecer” and this is the first (and so far the only) attempt from Hugo to paint using a "Spatula Painting Technique"… so, this is truly an Hugo Lopez original.

3rd prize: A beautiful copy of Doña Anita Grosso de Espinoza’s Giclee Painting, by the artist Harley Brown... These paintings are a limited edition, are numbered and signed by both Harley Brown and Doña Anita Espinoza.

On the night of the Dinner Event, we will have some very nice Door Prizes, which amongst others include:

-- A few courtesy nights at the BajaCactus Motel.
-- A free meal at Hugo’s Tacos La Mision (for up to four people).
-- A facial, pedicure or manicure at the BajaCactus Motel.
-- A massage at the BajaCactus Motel.
-- 20 gallons of fuel at the BajaCactus Gas Station.
-- A few, limited edition, lithographic prints of Rosalinda Martinez, by Harley Brown.
-- Some very nice Baja souvenirs and other items made by hand in different places throughout Baja.

The Dinner:

1. It will take place in San Diego, on Saturday, December 11, 2010 from 5:00PM to 8:00PM at Pat & Oscar's Restaurant located at 3881 Valley Centre Drive, San Diego, CA 92130. Ph: 858-720-3525.
2. "Commitment, Inc" and "BajaCactus Tourism Services, S.A. de C.V.", will provide refreshments and snacks (we will try to bring Baja original snacks).
3. Itzel and her mother will be present… pictures will be allowed.
4. Additional information about Itzel, her operation, current condition, etc., will be provided.

The Raffle will be held under the following guidelines:

1. One ticket will be given for every $ 25.00 donated.
2. All individuals who have already donated will be given a ticket(s) depending on the level of donation.
3. Individuals who donated less than $ 25.00 will receive one ticket.
4. Entries will be accepted until the day of the dinner, on Decmber 11th, 2010.
5. The winners will be chosen the night of the event. Winners do not need to attend.
6. The winners will be drawn by Itzel Zaragoza Osuna.
7. All net proceeds will go to Commitment, Inc.

Again, the Dinner Event will be open to anyone who wishes to attend, and it would really be great if we could turn this into some kind of BajaNomad Christmas Gathering... we can all enjoy the company of each other, share some snacks, talk about Baja and even more important, feel proud that together, we helped save a life… Itzel’s life!!!.

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Antonio Munoz
BajaCactus

[Edited on 12-2-2010 by BajaCactus]

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
a-commit

[*] posted on 11-7-2010 at 09:53 PM
Thank you!

Commitment, Inc. wishes to thank the BajaNomads who have generously donated to Itzel’s heart operation. We are on schedule to be in Las Vegas on November 16th, 2010 for the operation.

The family is grateful, optimistic but still a little nervous as Itzel approaches her operation. We have her in the best hands that we can find. Anyone looking up the name of Dr. Abraham Rothman will find that he is experienced, knowledgeable and superbly talented. We have the perfect match between the doctor and the problem that needs to be solved.

We also express our deep appreciation for the efforts and support of Antonio Munoz of the BajaCactus Motel and Gas Station. Without him, Commitment would have had a lot of difficulty getting all this done. Thanks also to Doug Means who has allowed us to ask this great community, the BajaNomads, for help.

Andy Schouten
Commitment, Inc.

[Edited on 11-8-2010 by a-commit]
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2010 at 10:01 PM

iM IN...this is a great idea,,I already save the day in my calendar...

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2010 at 10:05 PM
Message from Itzel's Mom...

Itzel's Mom contacted me a few minutes ago and asked me to post this message for her:

“Estoy profundamente conmovida, algunos amigos, entre ellos Antonio, me han mostrado el sitio de los BajaNomads. Yo no hablo inglés, pero se me ha traducido la mayor parte. Que existan tantas personas que se preocupen por mi hija es en realidad una gran bendición. El cariño y sus mejores deseos para mi querida Itzel sólo puede significar que Dios quiere que ella se cure. Quisiera agradecer, desde el fondo de mi corazón, a todos ustedes por ayudar a mi pequeño ángel, pero la verdad es que no hay palabras que expresen todo lo que yo siento en este momento, muchas gracias por su amor y ayuda. Dios los Bendiga”.

Isela Osuna

Here it is the English translation:

“I am overwhelmed. Some friends, Antonio amongst them, have shown me the Baja Nomad site. I do not speak English, but a lot was translated for me. To have some many people that care for my daughter is truly a great blessing. The warmth and best wishes for my dear Itzel can only mean that God wants for her to be well. I would like to thank all of you, from the bottom of my heart, for helping my little angel, but the truth is that I have no words that can express what I am truly feeling at this moment, thank you very much for your love and help. God bless all of you”.

Isela Osuna

[Edited on 11-8-2010 by BajaCactus]

BajaCactus
Baja Bucko
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2010 at 10:21 PM

Wow-I wanna go!!! BUT I will have just returned from another muletrip (driving to and from Oregon to San Ignacio) and then getting ready to drive to Lincoln, Nebraska, for my youngest son's graduation from U of Neb-Lincoln on Dec 18 ....it should be lovely driving weather going thru Wyoming in December..:(:(

You guys party on-I'm sure Andy and Antonio will have a great feast lined up-take lots of pics of Itzel!!!

My other 4WD is a Baja Mule!

La Mula Mil Survivor 2013-2014!
1000 miles by mule from the tip to Tecate!
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-7-2010 at 10:36 PM

Thank you for the privilege of helping.

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-8-2010 at 06:28 AM

that's the same night as our company xmas dinner. i'll be there in spirit tho!

Antonio and Andy, you guys are the BEST.

Best of luck Itzel!!!

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-8-2010 at 06:50 PM

if you guys have the shindig near downtown SD we might be able to slip out when no one is watching. we'd really love to help s'more.......

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-9-2010 at 07:29 AM

like someone said here...thanks for the chance to help a child..to do a good deed...it's an honour to help our nomad amigos with their chosen charitabe projects...

I know there are lots of nomads with businesses here who could donate something for an auction....
hey mulege mike...how bout a gift basket of those wonderful lavendar concoctions???
jesse...maybe a meal?
blanca...night at your B&B?
you get the picture

[Edited on 11-9-2010 by shari]

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2010 at 01:41 PM
Celebration...!!!

Dear friends,

With great pleasure I inform all of you that Itzel post-operation recovery is going GREAT!!!.

Because all our efforts, she was operated on just two weeks ago... however the change on her life has been dramatic... she is now beginning to discover her life on a whole new way.

Before the operation, she was constantly with terrible headaches, at least 3-4 times a week... with just a fresh weather, her legs hurt a lot, usually twice a week... I was present one of the last times that happened and it broke your heart to see that little angel crying with pain... medication did little to help back then. She was also very sleepy most of the time... she used to take 2-3 naps during the day, lasting from 1-3 hours... and playtime was limited... she could play for periods of 15-20 minutes with her friends and then she had to take a break, sitting away and just looking her friends having fun... it was sad.

However... now the story is quite different... she only complained of a couple of headaches a few days after the operation, while in Las Vegas (Dr. Rothman said it was normal)... by the time we came back to Mexico they were gone and she has had none since then.

Lately, the weather in El Rosario has been very, very cold... and even so, Itzel has had no leg pains whatsoever... no more sleepiness... she wakes up in the morning very happy and playful and does not go back to bed until bedtime... in fact her mom is having trouble putting her to sleep... as it should be with every kid her age... jejeje.

And playing... wow... no one can stop her now... you can see her play with her friends for hours... just running and laughing... finally enjoying life.

And the most important part for her, she can now eat chocolate cake... jejeje.

We should be very happy and proud my friends... we gave that little girl the best Christmas gift ever... we gave Itzel her life back!!!

Now... it is time to celebrate her new life... Andy and I would like to share our joy and happiness for the success of Itzel´s operation with all of you... so we have came up with the idea of a dinner/gathering... Itzel and her mom will be present and we would like you to come and share with us the joy of seeing that little angel as happy as ever!!!... EVERYONE IS WELCOME!!!... I hope every Nomad in the area has the opportunity to join us and meet Itzel.

The time and place are posted at the start of this thread... we will also have a raffle and some very nice door prizes.

We would need to know how many of us are coming, so we can make the adequate arrangements for the snacks and drinks... also, we are bringing a few things from Baja, like "machaca", hand made goat cheese, dry dates and figs, etc.... if you are coming, please let me know at info@bajacactus.com... or you can also e-mail Andy at commitment@nethere.com

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you... We will have a really nice time!!!.

Antonio M.
BajaCactus

[Edited on 12-1-2010 by BajaCactus]

BajaCactus
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-1-2010 at 01:43 PM

Wonderful news Antonio... so good to hear!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 12-1-2010 at 03:53 PM

This sounds like a winner... and the restaurant is centrally located in coastal San Diego County... between Del Mar and La Jolla, in Carmel Valley.

Now, if the doctor gave the okay, is Disneyland in the future for Itzel?:light:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2010 at 12:49 AM
Raffle...

Regarding the raffle... as explained before in this thread... everyone who has donated will receive tickets for the raffle:

-- One ticket will be given for every $ 25.00 donated.
-- Everyone who have already donated will be given a ticket(s) depending on the level of donation.
-- Individuals who donated less than $ 25.00 will receive one ticket.

Also... since we still have some bills to pay, entries will be received until the day of the dinner, in Dec 11th, 2010... every little bit counts, so, if you wish to donate or get more tickets, you can do it online here: Commitment at PayPal.

DavidK... Disneyland is a great idea that this wonderful community suggested after the operation... at that time it was not possible due to post-operation care... however Itzel is ready now... we will try to make it happen for her, every kid should go to Disney at least once... I will put the transportation back and forth to Disney... let us see if we can get enough donations to take her there... I am sure it would be a thrill for Itzel.

BajaCactus

BajaCactus
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2010 at 12:55 AM
The Prizes...

1st prize: A fishing trip off the coast at El Rosario… The trip will be for a group of four, may be taken at any time during 2011 (as weather permits with four weeks notice), includes two nights at the BajaCactus Motel with continental breakfast and up to 25 gallons of fuel at the BajaCactus Gas Station.

2nd prize: An Hugo Lopez original painting… Hugo is a great empirical artist living in El Rosario, who has always been inspired by the beauty of the Baja Desert. The painting title is “Cirios al Atardecer” and this is the first (and so far the only) attempt from Hugo to paint using a "Spatula Painting Technique"… so, this is truly an Hugo Lopez original.

3rd prize: A beautiful copy of Doña Anita Grosso de Espinoza’s Giclee Painting, by the artist Harley Brown... These paintings are a limited edition, are numbered and signed by both Harley Brown and Doña Anita Espinoza.

On the night of the Dinner Event, we will have some very nice Door Prizes, which amongst others include:

-- A few courtesy nights at the BajaCactus Motel.
-- A free meal at Hugo’s Tacos La Mision (for up to four people).
-- A facial, pedicure or manicure at the BajaCactus Motel.
-- A massage at the BajaCactus Motel.
-- 20 gallons of fuel at the BajaCactus Gas Station.
-- A few, limited edition, lithographic prints of Rosalinda Martinez, by Harley Brown.
-- Some very nice Baja souvenirs and other items made by hand in different places throughout Baja.

[Edited on 12-2-2010 by BajaCactus]

BajaCactus
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 12-2-2010 at 08:51 AM

Thank you Antonio... how great this all is for Itzel!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 12-6-2010 at 12:29 PM

Coming up this Saturday....

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 12-6-2010 at 11:56 PM

Baja Angel and I will be there... It will be great to party with Itzel, Antonio, Lorenia, Baja Nomad, and all others!

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2010 at 12:01 AM

I just wanted to say how much I admire all of the people involved in this cause.
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2010 at 06:45 PM
We'll be there

And bring a door prize + other goodies

John & Barbara
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 12-9-2010 at 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by John M
And bring a door prize + other goodies

John & Barbara

Looking forward to seeing you both!

Other Nomads coming? Antonio is bringing Itzel 250 miles to be there... Who can drive 1/2 that or less to meet the young lady and cheer her on?

Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.