Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Spanish Language Films
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 11-25-2010 at 10:24 AM
Spanish Language Films

Here is a list of films I have seen in the Spanish Language that are worth viewing. I will not give opinionated reviews, rather just list films that have a significant viewing value. These are films to practice your Spanish language ability (with and without English-language subtitles).

Enjoy!

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2010 at 10:29 AM
Sin Nombre (w/English-language subtitles)

Fleeing retaliation from the violent Central American street gang he has deserted, young hood Casper boards a northbound train, where he takes refuge on top of the moving freight cars and hopes for a fresh start in a new country (USA). Dodging authorities and other dangers, he finds a new friend in Sayra, a Honduran girl also making a run for the American border. 1 hr. 36 min. 2009 Rated R

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2010 at 10:37 AM
Los Viajes del Viento - The Wind Traveler

In the wake of his wife's death, Ignacio leaves his small Colombian town and journeys to the country's remote northern region, resolving to return his devil-cursed accordion to the teacher who once gave it to him. His traveling companion is teenager Fermín, who aspires to emulate Ignacio's past life as an accordion-playing troubadour who roamed the countryside. Marciano Martínez and Yull Núñez star in filmmaker Ciro Guerra's enthralling odyssey.

1 hr 47 min. 2009 No Rating

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2010 at 10:49 AM
Eddy Herrera: Amor Y Exitos: Eddy Herrerra En Concertino

Sharing the stage with Panamanian rapper Danny Boy, Dominican superstar Eddy Herrera cuts loose in this landmark concert of live songs that blends the infectious sounds of reggaeton and merengue. Featured tracks off the "Amor de Locos" album include "Pégame Tu Vicio," "Como Te Olvido," "Estoy Dolido" and "Demasiada Romántica," plus a bonus video for "No Le Cuentes."

2006 No Rating 60 minutes

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2010 at 10:52 AM
El Angel del Accordion

Set in the breathtaking background of the exotic Atlantic Coast of Colombia, a musically talented 11-year-old boy, Poncho, has two dreams: to get an accordion and conquer the heart of the girl of his dreams, Sara Maria. When Sara Maria challenges Poncho to become the greatest accordion player and write her a song that will move her soul, Poncho stops at nothing to make this a reality. Challenged by overwhelming financial hardship, we follow Poncho, as he becomes the legend known as the Angel of the Accordion.

2008 No Rating

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2010 at 03:20 PM

Ken thats a cool movie its kind of documentary about live in the border region beteewen MX and Guatemala, and the impact the Maras MS-13 has in that area..it's almost like VOCES INOCENTES, type of movie.

BAJA IS WHAT YOU WANTED TO BE, FUN,DANGEROUS,INCREDIBLE, REMOTE, EXOTIC..JUST GO AND HAVE FUN.....
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2010 at 01:24 AM
El Mariachi!

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2010 at 01:31 AM
El Mariachi (film)

El Mariachi is a 1992 action film that is the debut of writer/director Robert Rodriguez. The Spanish language film was shot in the northern Mexican border town of Ciudad Acuña with a mainly amateur cast. The US$ 7,000 production was originally intended for the Mexican home video market, but executives at Columbia Pictures liked the film so much that they bought the American distribution rights. Columbia eventually spent several times more than the 16 mm film's original budget on 35 mm transfers, promotion, marketing and distribution.[2]

The success of Rodriguez's directorial debut led him to create two further entries, Desperado (1995) and Once Upon a Time in Mexico (2003), in what came to be known as the Mariachi Trilogy.

[Edited on 12-18-2010 by Ken Cooke]

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2010 at 09:21 AM
The Seven Suns (7 Soles)

Mexican writer-director Pedro Ultreras draws upon his background as a journalist writing about immigration issues for his feature film debut, 7 SOLES (aka 7 SUNS). Based on real cases Ultreras encountered in his work, the unflinching drama aims to humanize the plight of illegal immigrants by chronicling the tragic journey of a trafficker (Gustavo Sanchez Parra, AMORES PERROS) smuggling a group of Mexicans across the U.S. border through the unforgiving landscape of the Sonoran Desert.

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-4-2011 at 02:58 PM
Maria Full Of Grace

[Edited on 1-4-2011 by Ken Cooke]

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2011 at 08:36 PM
Sleep Dealer

[Edited on 1-19-2011 by Ken Cooke]

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 1-23-2011 at 08:40 AM
Great scenes of Northern Peru

tjBill
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2011 at 06:51 PM

Thanks for the 'El Mariachi,' I found its the perfect film to study Spanish with. They speak slow and clear; the director is a Mexican American.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2011 at 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tjBill
Thanks for the 'El Mariachi,' I found its the perfect film to study Spanish with. They speak slow and clear; the director is a Mexican American.

"Mauricio" or "Moco" is actually a Gringo who was reading all of his parts on index cards phonetically since he didn't even speak Spanish during the filming of this movie (hence, the heavy American accent).

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 1-24-2011 at 06:42 AM

good one Ken!!
the Mariachi trilogy soundtracks are all excellent music too avail on CD.
i hope to see Blu-ray transfers of all 3 films soon.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2011 at 09:08 PM
La Sierra (Documentary)

The Protagonist of "La Sierra" arrested by Colombian Police

JaraHurd
Nomad

Mood: probably annoyed

[*] posted on 2-21-2011 at 01:40 PM

How about Amores Perros, or Y Tu Mama Tambien ...
JaraHurd
Nomad

Mood: probably annoyed

[*] posted on 2-21-2011 at 01:52 PM

or two that were recently recommended to me. I believe, but am not sure, that they are both Mexican films:

1. Los Jornaleros (2003)
2. Quemar Las Naves (2007)

The bonus of Quemar is Julietta Venegas sings the title track so that is always a great thing!!
Baja Bucko
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2011 at 02:37 PM

I know this is waaay off the wall....but...

after reading the Harry Potter books (all of them) 3 times, seeing the movies (all of them) at least 3 times in English, I am now watching all of the movies in Spanish--no subtitles! Talk abt a fun way to get the ears a'listening.

I know its crazy- I never read fiction- strictly nonfriction-but these books are incredible!! I also will be reading them in Spanish soon!!

A very enjoyable way to improve my Spanish skills!! Now I'm trying to find them as audio books to listen to in Spanish as I drive south of the border.:lol::

My other 4WD is a Baja Mule!

La Mula Mil Survivor 2013-2014!
1000 miles by mule from the tip to Tecate!
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2011 at 08:30 PM
TWO THUMBS UP!

Quote:
Originally posted by JaraHurd
How about Amores Perros, or Y Tu Mama Tambien ...

I never saw Amores Perros, but Y Tu Mama Tambien was incredible!

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.